NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ganepark32

The Game Awards 2018

People are extremely salty over SonicFox winning Best eSports Player...

Furries are people too you know. You can question his taste but you can't question his track record and how competitive he is across multiple different fighting games.

Furries are people too you know.

Technically, they're animals.

I'll admit my first impressions of him were not good. I just thought he was a weirdo wearing a mascot costume for some reason. Once I found out he was a furry, it at least explained it, but it was his enthusiasm and happiness that won me over. He seems like a genuinely happy, awesome guy.

I think it speaks volumes about someone if they hate someone so happy. Disliking, sure, everyone's different, but I don't know how anyone can actually hate someone like him.

As a rule, I don't normally watch any kind of award show. Full of people giving themselves slaps/pats on the back.

Had this award show had the worst game of 2018, most wokest developer of 2018, worst triple A developer.... or been a bit shorter in length, I might have watched it.

I'm not going to watch a lovie award show when the gaming industry needs to sort out poor working conditions with overworked programmers/developers.

Edited by sumo73
  • Thanks 1

As a rule, I don't normally watch any kind of award show. Full of people giving themselves slaps/pats on the back.
Had this award show had the worst game of 2018, most wokest developer of 2018, worst triple A developer.... or been a bit shorter in length, I might have watched it.
Go on then, who do you think was the most wokest developer?
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bob said:
2 hours ago, sumo73 said:

Go on then, who do you think was the most wokest developer?

Showing my out-of-touchness here, but to hell with it.

What the Dickens does wokest even mean?

Something that you very clearly are not.

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Wokest is an informal superlative of the verb 'woke' which is based on the verb 'awake'. Although grammatically incorrect it has been used primarily although not exclusively within the black American English speaking community. It means that someone is aware (they are awake) of current affairs especially social issues.

Edited by sumo73
  • Thanks 1
  • Weird 1

10 minutes ago, bob said:
18 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Something that you very clearly are not.

Why, thank you!

3 hours ago, sumo73 said:

I'm not going to watch a lovie award show when the gaming industry needs to sort out poor working conditions with overworked programmers/developers.

Full of deserved people getting pats on the back and being recognised for their contribution to gaming.

The gaming community is full of negativity. Not a week goes by without a crusade or witch hunt against something or someone. Games get review bombed, publishers get harrassed or destroyed in comments. Fans demanding things from devs, or complaining that they don't get something for nothing.

The Game Awards is a rare bit of sunlight, in an otherwise pretty toxic and immature place. And yet you still want to celebrate "the worst" the industry has to offer? Come on :indeed:

(If you want people giving themselves underserved pats on the back about everything, I'd avoid social media though.)

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Full of deserved people getting pats on the back and being recognised for their contribution to gaming.

The gaming community is full of negativity. Not a week goes by without a crusade or witch hunt against something or someone. Games get review bombed, publishers get harrassed or destroyed in comments. Fans demanding things from devs, or complaining that they don't get something for nothing.

The Game Awards is a rare bit of sunlight, in an otherwise pretty toxic and immature place. And yet you still want to celebrate "the worst" the industry has to offer? Come on :indeed:

(If you want people giving themselves underserved pats on the back about everything, I'd avoid social media though.)

I agree with you and the comment about worst...was meant as a joke. The gaming industry does have some great things going for it but there are areas to improve. I'm just not a great fan of award shows in general.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this