NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Prima Games shutting down

https://lunch.publishersmarketplace.com/2018/11/people-etc-dk-to-close-prima-games/

DK announced the “extremely difficult decision” that they will no longer commission new Prima Games strategy guides following a “significant decline” in the video game guide sector, and the US-based imprint will be discontinued in Spring 2019 after 28 years of publication

The likes of Youtube and the fact that games tend to change a lot with patches or receive additional content makes most guides obsolete rather quickly probably made it unsustainable to keep releasing physical books.

• Sad 5

I never got why you wanted a 3rd party "collector's" guide.

In hindsight not surprising I guess.. I'm only familiar with guides like these since.. Well let's say 2010 as a rough guess. I've never seen those in the pre and early internet days, and even back then I doubt I'd be interested in them.

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I never got why you wanted a 3rd party "collector's" guide.

In hindsight not surprising I guess.. I'm only familiar with guides like these since.. Well let's say 2010 as a rough guess. I've never seen those in the pre and early internet days, and even back then I doubt I'd be interested in them.

They used to have official artwork you couldn't get anywhere else before artbooks started becoming more popular.

I was pretty disappointed DQVII and DQXI didn't get guides, makes my collection look incomplete.

They've got one coming out for Smash (for some reason, guess it covers the World of Light stuff). Might pick it up now.

They did the Zelda guides, curious if someone else will pick up in their stead.

I think they should have at least tried to go more digital, and make more hint videos or something.

• Thanks 2

That's a real shame.  Their guides were beautifully produced; I loved collecting their Zelda guides for the artwork!

End of an era :( 

Honestly, I'm surprised they lasted this long.

I mentioned it in another thread but I had this bad boy.

51JsyoDcQOL._AC_SY400_.jpg

@Dcubed can attest to how freaking huge it is. (Seriously, it's massive) Full of lovely artwork too.

• Thanks 2

But I still need to complete my special edition hard back zelda gide collection!! o_o

Sign in to follow this