NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tales

Thronebreaker - The Witcher Tales

Thronebreaker is a singleplayer roleplaying card game made by CDPR. It launches on PC on 23 of October, and on PS4 and Xbox on December 4th.

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Early reviews are very positive, definitely going to get this.

I'm not sure whether to go PC or PS4 though. My (non gaming) laptop can run Gwent, it's not very clear if the minimum system requirements are different for Thronebreaker though.

Great. Still haven't finished The Witcher 3 but will definitely buy this once it's released on PS4. Because why the fuck not, right? :D    :blank:   

• Like 1

Seems like they've upped the requirements from Gwent. I have no idea if my laptop will be able to play it, it technically doesn't even meet the Gwent requirements as it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card.

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

Seems like they've upped the requirements from Gwent. I have no idea if my laptop will be able to play it, it technically doesn't even meet the Gwent requirements as it doesn't have a dedicated graphics card.

What requirement is the problem? I do not have a gaming laptop either, but I assumed was well above the specs listed. My graphich card is a 940mx from what I gather. Is that not good enough?

On 10/19/2018 at 8:44 PM, Tales said:

What requirement is the problem? I do not have a gaming laptop either, but I assumed was well above the specs listed. My graphich card is a 940mx from what I gather. Is that not good enough?

My laptop doesn't have a graphics card.

I installed the big 2GB Homecoming update and gave it a try earlier. It has completely revamped the game and added a lot of graphical effects. Cards now have animations, which run like a slideshow on my laptop unfortunately.

I can turn the animations off and change the other settings to low, it still feels sluggish though. I think I'll just wait for the PS4 release instead.

Got this on my PS4 last week, it's pretty good from what I've played so far. Graphically it's completely different to The Witcher 3, but the music and story definitely make it feel part of the same setting. Boss battles and Puzzles have various rules and objectives and make it a lot more varied than the Gwent minigame in The Witcher 3. There have been quite a lot of choices so far, not sure how much they influence the later game.

Spoiler

A bit of a big plot twist! I was a bit gutted when I lost quite a lot of my most used cards, but all the new ones means Chapter 2 will play very differently. I only finished with 9/10 gold chests, not sure if the last one was missed through story choices.

The only negative for me is the games performance. It takes way too long to load the game when you first start it up. The game chugs a bit on the overworld whenever it autosaves. In some larger battles, it seems to take ages for the enemy to take their turn. It's not exactly a very demanding game, hopefully it can be fixed with an update.

Bought this yesterday and completed the tutorial. So far so good. Takes a nice spin on the Gwent formular, i.e. only two lanes are available but it works.

Writing is exceptionally good from what I've seen, but that was to be expected, I guess :D Puzzles are a cool variation from the standard battles. Will be interesting to see whether the game will be able to keep things fresh until the end.

Sign in to follow this