NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Nintendo Switch Online: NES

I would be all over a GC Online. The Cube is more than 15 years old and home to some fantastic first party titels that still hold up really well today. It’s crazy that we’ve seen so many Wii(U) ports and games from the older systems have been rereleased more than a few times now, yet most of the GC games are still waiting for their first rereleases...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, markderoos said:

I would be all over a GC Online. The Cube is more than 15 years old and home to some fantastic first party titels that still hold up really well today. It’s crazy that we’ve seen so many Wii(U) ports and games from the older systems have been rereleased more than a few times now, yet most of the GC games are still waiting for their first rereleases...

I think we could well be in line for HD remasters of a few Gamecube games such as F-Zero GX, Wave Race: Blue Storm and Super Mario Sunshine. In fact, I feel confident that we'll get at least one of those games within the next 18-24 months :hehe:

14 hours ago, nekunando said:

I think we could well be in line for HD remasters of a few Gamecube games such as F-Zero GX, Wave Race: Blue Storm and Super Mario Sunshine. In fact, I feel confident that we'll get at least one of those games within the next 18-24 months :hehe:

Spoiler alert: It'll be Mario Sunshine.

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Spoiler alert: It'll be Mario Sunshine.

Yeh, the one I want least.. unless they fix it :heh:

20 hours ago, nekunando said:

As much as I love all of the games mentioned, I don't think Wave Race: Blue Storm would come out very well. Even for the time when it was released, it was short on content, lacking a proper career mode and featuring only a smidge more characters and tracks than the N64 game. Plus it had inferior controls when compared to its predecessor.

1 hour ago, Hogge said:

As much as I love all of the games mentioned, I don't think Wave Race: Blue Storm would come out very well. Even for the time when it was released, it was short on content, lacking a proper career mode and featuring only a smidge more characters and tracks than the N64 game. Plus it had inferior controls when compared to its predecessor.

I think what you meant to say is that it is one of the greatest games ever created..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, nekunando said:

I think what you meant to say is that it is one of the greatest games ever created..

No, not at all.

From a playability perspective, Wave Race 64 is by far superior. And I maintain my previous point: Blue Storm has only ever so slightly more content. 

To be honest, I don't care about NES or SNES. What I want are N64 and GameCube. I mean I wish Nintendo broaden their horizons a bit in regards to their back catalogue.

It especially makes sense now we have moved to a netflix based service.

• Like 1

Once again Japan gets an extra game. 

On this weeks Radio Free Nintendo, James made a passing, but very valid, comment. He asked how the hell is it fair that the price is the same for this service in every country but certain ones are getting more games than others. The man has a point. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

how the hell is it fair that the price is the same for this service in every country but certain ones are getting more games than others

Yeah, they really should substitute those Japan exclusives with something, or simply include them regardless of not being translated. I mean it wouldn't make sense for stuff like RPGs, but Joy Mech Fight is totally playable without any understanding of Japanese, and Tsuppari Ōzumō looks like it would be too. :hmm:

I originally had no intention of keeping the JPN version of Nintendo Switch Online installed on my system, but now that exclusive games are part of the equation it's definitely staying put.

I love those old school box arts. Mario Odyssey 2 should just be a picture of Mario on a pink background or something. With a logo that takes up half the box.

Edited by Ronnie

I for one never finished Super Mario Bros 2 ever, and i'm partial to a Kirby game.

And they (Nintendo) really should sub the Japan exclusive title with something else for the US and EU/UK player base.  Having 3 released in Japan to only 2 over this way doesn't do the price much fairness (but then, it's still cheap none the less)

As well as the games that were announced earlier, two SP versions of older games have also been added to the service.

Blaster Master

Start from area 8.

You’ll start from area 8, the final area, in this special version of Blaster Master. Moreover, SOPHIA is fully equipped and ready for action! The Hover Gauge and Power are full, and Homing Missiles, Thunder Break, and Multi Warhead Missiles are all maxed out – along with Jason’s own Gun Energy Gauge and Power! You’re ready to take on the Underworld Lord… So get to it!

Metroid

The fully fortified bounty hunter!

You just got a great head start on your mission to defeat Mother Brain! In this version of Metroid, every power-up, including all Power Suit weapons and abilities, is available from the start. The ending of this game changes slightly depending on how fast it’s beaten, boasting a total of five endings. Here, you’re ready to rush right into the finale, where you can see the ending that features Samus without her trademark Power Suit.

Wasn't there already an SP version of Metroid? Strange they are putting out another one.

Good to see Kirby coming to NES Online, it's my favourite game on the system. I've recently played it on the NES Mini though.

I've tried to get into Zelda II but didn't really feel it, but it's a Zelda game I've never played so I should at least give it a proper go. 

We get screwed again? Not surprised in the slightest.

2 NES games a month is monumentally pathetic.

Just now, Dcubed said:

We get screwed again? Not surprised in the slightest.

2 NES games a month is monumentally pathetic.

Luckily they will drop 22 SNES titles after tonight's Direct and then all is good. :grin:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I've tried to get into Zelda II but didn't really feel it, but it's a Zelda game I've never played so I should at least give it a proper go. 

One of the most helpful things you can do in the game is grind early on and level up some of your health and magic. It's also pretty useful to try and time it so that you level up your health in a dungeon as this will be a free refill of health for you.

• Thanks 1

I'm wondering whether I should open up a separate SNES thread when those games become available or not.

In the meanwhile:

• Thanks 1

Just delete the 'NES' part of the title here? With 2 (two!) games a month, this thread is unlikely to become overwhelmed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/02/2019 at 6:54 PM, bob said:

Just delete the 'NES' part of the title here? With 2 (two!) games a month, this thread is unlikely to become overwhelmed...

It's not so much about being "overwhelmed", it's simply about clutter. I prefer to keep them apart. That said, i'll probably just follow whatever Nintendo decides to do. Separate apps, separate threads. otherwise all one thread. Unless it's one app with an added menu. Anyway.

• Weird 3

5 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Japan gets Fire Emblem as well BTW!

I also see they are once again getting a 3rd game while we are stuck with just 2.

I may actually play Startropics as i've never played it all the way through before.

Yeah, I might have to jump in on StarTropics. Always been curious.

Sign in to follow this