NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Nintendo Switch Online: NES

This needs more co-op titles. Would like Probotector II on it! And SNES can't come soon enough.

Edited by Vileplume2000

8 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

This needs more co-op titles. Would like Probotector II on it! And SNES can't come soon enough.

Had enough of Gradius? ;)

It's funny seeing all these clips of SMB3. I played it so much when I was a kid but because I always skipped as much as possible with Warp Whistles I don't actually remember half of these levels :p

• Like 3

I forgot just how short SMB3 levels are! Having a fun time playing through it again

• Like 2

I was looking forward to playing SMB3 again. Such a great game!

I love how the NES Netflix works. Works really well. I have also being trying the other games out that I have never played before. The service almost encourages you to do so.

• Like 2

I'm also playing through SMB 3 (before the trial runs out). I feel like its one of the few NES games that holds up. It really is a classic and its perfectly playable today.

42 minutes ago, Blade said:

I love how the NES Netflix works. Works really well. I have also being trying the other games out that I have never played before. The service almost encourages you to do so.

It’s fantastic, really well implanted with just a couple of small tweaks needed.

I played through it for the first time not too long ago on the NES classic and loved it. It's crazy how much of modern 2D Mario was perfected in Mario Bros 3, the only gripe I had with it was the weird rendering on the right hand side of the screen and the fact it was pretty damn difficult.

I've played around a little bit with a few NES games but won't be embarking on a full play through of anything until Zelda II launches.

• Thanks 1

Anyone know if the new NES games arrive today?

I had a quick look earlier on but it was the same set. Perhaps they're going to be sent out with the usual eShop update on Thursday then. ::shrug:

15 hours ago, Ike said:

I assumed it would be around the 19th. ::shrug:

I was just thinking (hoping :hehe:) it'd be updated around the start of each month, like PS+.

1 hour ago, Jimbob said:

I was thinking they'd update on the 19th (1 month after launch)

If nothing new appears this Thursday, then I guess that’s the most likely outcome, yeah.

Solomon's key looks like it could have been fun back in the day. I don't think I want to get into it now..

Of all the upcoming games I'm mostly interested in Metroid and to lesser extent Twinbee.

I've heard SP could mean "Special Purchase", which possibly could end up in those who want to purchase the NES titles can do so (for the umpteenth time)

On 03/10/2018 at 1:07 PM, Jimbob said:

I've heard SP could mean "Special Purchase", which possibly could end up in those who want to purchase the NES titles can do so (for the umpteenth time)

That sounds like bullshit.

I updated the OP, with the list of upcoming games, in case you haven't seen the list yet.

October (10-10-2018)

Solomon's key
NES Open Tournament Golf
Super Dodgeball

November

Metroid
Mighty Bomb Jack
TwinBee

December

Wario's Woods
Ninja Gaiden
Adventures of Lolo

• Thanks 1

The new NES games are out, and the SP version of The Legend of Zelda is as thus.  Basically, it makes the game easier by giving you many items you normally find later on right at the start.

• Like 2

It looks as if the border situation has gotten even worse with the SP games. Yep, there seems to be a gigantic bright red (totally not distracting :heh:) SP label in the top right corner of the screen when playing those! :laughing: 

• Haha 2

Sign in to follow this