Sign in to follow this  
Helmsly

Nintendo Switch Update Ver. 6.0.0

Recommended Posts

New update just hit:

 

Quote
Nintendo Switch Online* features and functionality have been added, including:
 
  • Save Data Cloud Backup
    • User your internet connection to back up game save data for compatible games
    • Some games are not compatible with Save Data Cloud
    • To back up save data or download a previous backup, head to System Settings > Data Management > Save Data Cloud Backup
    *Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Save Data Cloud backup available in compatible games. Terms apply. To learn more, click here.
Added the following system functionality
 
  • Upload up to four Album screenshots at once on supported social network services
    • Only one captured video can be uploaded at once
  • Select from six new Captain Toad icons for your user
    • To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
  • Play your digital software and content on non-primary consoles by linking your Nintendo Account
    • The term "active console" has been renamed "primary console" in Nintendo eShops
    • Playing software in multiple consoles has certain restrictions
  • Display of Nintendo Switch News articles will be limited to match the restricted software parental controls setting selections
    • Please note that the restriction will only apply to News articles distributed after the release of version 6.0.0.
  • Change the layout of the USB keyboard to the desired language
    • To change the language, head to the System Settings > System > USB Keyboard
Removed the following system functionality
 
  • After installing the system update, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch user
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:
 
  • Compatibility improvements have been made for a controller licensed by Nintendo

It looks like you can share your digital games among more then one console now:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Upload up to four Album screenshots at once on supported social network services

Oh neat! I don't have to post three separate tweets whenever I post the MK League results.

Check a look, everyone. I'm the only person in the world who thinks that's the coolest thing in this update.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
5 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Removed the following system functionality
 

  • After installing the system update, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch user

 

What's the significance of this? Does it have implications for selling your Switch and wanting to keep your account?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads-up - it's actually better to upload images to Twitter individually if you want to copy & paste them.  I tried some multiple uploads earlier and you just don't get as many options once they're posted.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2018 at 7:15 AM, Glen-i said:

Oh neat! I don't have to post three separate tweets whenever I post the MK League results.

Check a look, everyone. I'm the only person in the world who thinks that's the coolest thing in this update.

tenor.gif?itemid=9743791

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2018 at 2:02 AM, Helmsly said:

New update just hit:

 

It looks like you can share your digital games among more then one console now:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22448

It's not really "game sharing"; despite Gamexplain insisting it is.  You have a primary Switch (on which all accounts can play, as they could before), you can now log into a secondary Switch where only you can play your digital games - other account holders/profiles are blocked from doing so.  As a workaround, others could play on YOUR profile (allthough this  blocks you from playing on your Primary Switch).  You don't share you games library, which is a shame as far as I'm concerned;  Nintendo wanted Switch to evolve to a personal device for every member of the family - something that will not be acheived if families cannot share a games library.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, david.dakota said:

It's not really "game sharing"; despite Gamexplain insisting it is.  You have a primary Switch (on which all accounts can play, as they could before), you can now log into a secondary Switch where only you can play your digital games - other account holders/profiles are blocked from doing so.  As a workaround, others could play on YOUR profile (allthough this  blocks you from playing on your Primary Switch).  You don't share you games library, which is a shame as far as I'm concerned;  Nintendo wanted Switch to evolve to a personal device for every member of the family - something that will not be acheived if families cannot share a games library.

Does it block you from playing that particular game if someone else is playing it on another Switch, or it blocks you from playing your Switch full stop, for any game? If the former, that kind of makes sense doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always your account playing, you're not sharing it with another persons account.  It's no more "sharing" than handing someone your console and letting them play on your profile.    As far as I  can tell, every other platform  holder lets you share your purchases across  a family group (or similar) - that's peoples expectation of sharing digital purchases.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this