NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Town (working title) coming in 2019 — Game Freak

As revealed in yesterday’s Nintendo Direct comes a whole new IP from Game Freak: Town (working title). Taking place in what was once a peaceful “small village with a secret to hide”, monsters attack in this turn-based RPG, which will be Game Freak’s first non-Pokémon game on a Nintendo console since Pocket Card Jockey, released on the 3DS back in 2013. The entire game will take place in this single village. 

This was my favourite surprise of the Direct, and I’m a fan of the quirky chibi art style they have going on with the villagers. I’ll be curious to see if, moving forwards, this game (perhaps with full camera control in the overworld?) has some hints as to what will be seen in next year’s core series Pokémon title, too. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

Out of the blue. Looks really nice, wish it wasn't turn based combat though but that's just me.

42 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Out of the blue. Looks really nice, wish it wasn't turn based combat though but that's just me.

I’m indifferent to it being turn based, to be honest, though I can understand why some might have liked something else just to shake things up a little. Because, on the other hand, I have a feeling that this game was probably an outlet for Game Freak employees to let loose in a similar turn-based RPG setting to Pokémon, while becoming accustomed to the Switch and the new tools at their disposal. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

@Kav might want to add to that :p 

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this