NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Luigi's Mansion 3 (2019)

5 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I had to look it up in the end. And I don't think I would have come up with the solution on my own, mainly because I simply missed the first thing you had to do.

I very nearly looked it up as well, instead I just spent what felt like 45 minutes just aimlessly wandering around thinking wtf. 

I think I know the puzzle @Ronnie and @MindFreak are on about, it's one of the more devious puzzles, but once @Dcubed solved it, we thought it was really clever. Just enough hints there to not be impossible to figure out.

I’m starting to get a bit bored with this game now. I’m about 8 hours in and it all just feels a bit rinse and repeat. 

The game doesn’t really throw anything new at you in terms of controls, and I think that lets it down. Sure, there’s puzzles that require you to think outside of the box, but for the most part they’re centred around the basic flashlight, dark light or gooigi. 

And still, outside of the bosses, the ghosts have not changed at all. 
The early shine has definitely worn off now. 

• Sad 1

Completed floor 9 yesterday and really enjoyed that boss fight. Especially enjoyed the way to hurt it the second time, that was fun.

Spoiler

Using Gooigi to stick its jaws together was really clever! I stumbled upon that solution by accident as I left Gooigi too close at one point. Glad I did that, though.

But I do get a bit of the same feeling as @Aneres11 when playing this - I'm also 8 or 9 hours in and well, yeah. It does get a bit samey now. I'll finish it but I don't think I'll try to go further than collecting every Gem as those are mainly fun puzzles.

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

I'm on floor 13 at the moment. Overall I liked all floors so far but B2. B2 has one of the worst boss fights I ever played. The controls were just so awkward.

Generally I think the game is visually very appealing and fun to play, but also very easy. Some floors are ridiculously short, floor 12 was just such an example. The only floor that ever had me scratching my had how to solve the puzzle was floor 8, like others already said.

Also, a question to those that already cleared floor 8:

Spoiler

I'm missing one gem in this floor. I know where it is: The ice block in the main room of Paranormal Productions, were the 4 TV's are. I only found that ice block after I already completed the floor. I'm guessing that I'll need the torch to melt it. The torch however is inside the box with the spider and I can't get it out, since I can't use the camera anymore. How do I get the torch? Is it bugged for me?

I got the ice cube melted before finishing the level, so I'm not sure I can help you. Must be some fire somewhere? 

I feel like the mechanics get a little samey but each floor's theme and puzzle solving keeps it pretty fresh. I didn't much enjoy B2 but I actually found the boss the most straightforward. Loads of them were tough and frustrating but I don't think I got hit once in B2, it was pretty easy (with annoying controls)

I did floor 10 last night, apart from one instadeath puzzle room (hint: lasers), I really enjoyed it. Visuals are so nice.

On 15.11.2019 at 11:42 AM, Ronnie said:

I got the ice cube melted before finishing the level, so I'm not sure I can help you. Must be some fire somewhere?

Solved it. For some reason, when you bring the ice cube into the room, the torch in the box magically moves closer when trying to suck it up. It didn't work before though, when the ice cube was not in the room. Strange!

Anyway, I completed the game on friday with all Boos and Gems. 16h overall time. Was a short but fun experience. :)

• Like 2

This game is fantastic. So much creativity on every floor, each one bursting with charm. Just rescued Toad 3. 

I'm missing one Rare ghost from online who just doesn't seem to want to show up. I must have played Scarescraper mode over 10 hours in total at this point and whatever the third rare ghost is simply never appears.

• Sad 1

I finally unlocked the 'revive 20 teammates' achievement. I found out if you play the 5 Floors mode on Scarescraper, players faint more often as its mostly people playing for their first time. Which means I got the Gold Protonpack Polstergust

EJxfA5LUcAERPRy.jpg

So that's pretty much everything done outside of getting that last rare ghost to fill the gallery. I've enjoyed this game so much, lots of charm as people have already said, nice well made little puzzles and some pretty great boss fights.

The negative things I take away from this game are that, single player mode is perhaps too short. I had completed the game in around 12 hours total and I think someone that timer is from playing online. And there is very little to do after the game is done.

I was a little disappointed by some of the later floors in Story Mode. One of them was basically just a hallway leading to a boss. With that one in particular, I was looking forward to it because it looks different to the rest of the hotel when they show you an external shot of the place. So that was quite a disappointment.

I like all of the boss fights, even the B2 boss didn't give me much trouble. However, I strongly disliked the very final Boss fight because I found it very boring to get through. I felt like I was just standing around for minutes, waiting for him to go through the motions before I am allowed to attack him. I honestly think the only reason I died on him is because I was so fed up of having to wait around, that my mind just lost concentration and I ended up getting hit by something easily avoided. It's a shame because the boss battle before him with Helen Gravely is great, and with makes really good use of Gooigi and pretty much everything you have at your disposal. I think she would have made a better final boss.

Scarescraper/Online mode really could have been better then it is. I feel like the biggest challenge of it is getting everyone to stand on that one platform to open a door lol. 

Overall, I think its a very enjoyable game and I'm glad I bought it. I'm crossing my fingers that they will add some more stuff to this game with updates. They have online dlc planned but I'd much rather get some new single player stuff for it.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Helmsly said:

I was a little disappointed by some of the later floors in Story Mode. One of them was basically just a hallway leading to a boss. With that one in particular, I was looking forward to it because it looks different to the rest of the hotel when they show you an external shot of the place. So that was quite a disappointment.

I just did that floor and yeah I can understand the disappointment. Especially because I thought it was the coolest theme in the game. Great vibe and nice visuals/sound.

• Like 1

Credits rolled, all boos and all gems found, A grade achieved. Fantastic game, absolutely loved it. Bursting with personality, charm and above all FUN.

(The end boss was a bit frustrating though)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally done with this. When I say done, I mean credits are rolling. 

Disappointed overall. 

Couldn't wait for it to be over and done with really so I could move on to something else. 

In parts, it was great. The highs were very high (some of the boss battles) but the lows were equally very low. Again, some of the boss battles. 

I think the game was also a bit too long for the lack of variety it gave you. After about an hour in, you had everything you had in terms of abilities (minus the plugged in sucker) that you had at the end. I think that made it feel more stale to me. 

In bursts, it was quite good, but as a long haul hours at a time I found it tedious. That cat that kept running off with the elevator keys just made me roll my eyes the second time it appeared. Gooigi was also a bit disappointing. I liked the nature of having him for certain things, like the boss battle that needed both of them to swap between etc, but there were too little of those moments for me. 

I'd have liked to have seen more 'upgrades' for Luigi that allowed him to do different things, reach certain areas he couldn't to begin with etc. Instead it was all a bit run of the mill. 

Anyway, it's done and I can put it to rest now. :)

• Thanks 4

I know what you mean. A simple addition like the fire and ice medallions from the first game would have gone a long way halfway through the game. 

• Like 2

Just defeated the B2 boss yesterday and yeah, not a fun fight but not nearly as bad as I had thought based on all the comments. The first time I entered the fight I failed miserably because of the controls but after a restart (didn't want to lose my golden bone), it went smoothly. 

So just unlocked floor 10 and yeah, I'm kind of glad that I'm almost near the end of the game now. I can't see myself collecting every gem and certainly not all of the Boos. I agree with @Aneres11, the game could have used some more moves later on to mix things up a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ike said:

DLC had been revealed.

Think I'll pass.

Well that a little disappointing. Was hoping for some more single player content. Have hardly touched the multiplayer stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Well that a little disappointing. Was hoping for some more single player content. Have hardly touched the multiplayer stuff. 

We've known since before launch that there would be multiplayer focused DLC only.

The single player is a complete experience anyway.  There isn't really scope for single player DLC.

content-4-36087-luigismansion3multiplayerdlcbanner.jpg

Nintendo announces first details of Luigi's Mansion 3 Multiplayer DLC

Normally I'd say... "And it's now up on the main page!" but this news dropped last night so its already been covered.

Not sure how to feel about this dlc, we did know about it in advance so I'm fine with it, I don't know if I'll be rushing to buy it though.

I'd need to finish the main game first... :blush:

• Thanks 1

Someone made their own Gooigi. :D

7js7rUD.png

Edited by Aneres11
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Two things: Firstly, DLC pack 1 is out:

But secondly, and more interestingly (IMO) the game has received a patch which has actually added quite a few cool new options and features:

Ver. 1.3.0 (Released March 4, 2020)

• Added Features
    • Games in the ScreamPark can now be played with just one player (this is a practice mode without any opponents).
    • The following content was added to ScareScraper.
      • Added a 20-floor mode.
      • Five new types of rare ghosts will now appear.
      • Ghosts will now appear in Defeat the Crows! and Collect the Gold! missions.
      • Added a link to How to Play in the menu.
    • Added Albums, where players can listen to the game’s BGM.
      • To access Albums, go from Story ? Gallery ? Special Content.
  • Added Multiplayer Pack Features
    • Added three new games to ScreamPark.
    • The following content was added to ScareScraper.
    • Added three costumes.
    • Added three new floor themes and six kinds of themed ghosts that will appear when Luigi wears one of the new costumes.
      • Players who do not have the Multiplayer Pack can see these as well.
  • Story
    • Fixed an issue that prevented Luigi from moving near the door when capturing a Boo in the hallway of the Hotel Shops.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented Luigi from moving behind a bench in Studio 3 of Paranormal Productions.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the game from progressing after touching the shark fin on the beach of The Spectral Catch.
  • ScareScraper
    • Added/adjusted the attack pattern of Boolossus.
    • Fixed an issue in Find the Toads! missions that prevented the Toads from moving and/or being able to enter the portals.
  • General
    • Fixed several issues to improve gameplay experience.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this