NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Luigi's Mansion 3 (2019)

Is there any way to call for “MAAARIOOO?” like you could in the other games though? :laughing:

2 minutes ago, martinist said:

Press X to Mario!

That just does the dark light for me. Tried tapping it and holding it down. 

• Haha 1

Oh you took me seriously?

I was going for the Press X to Jason meme but whatever :p

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Is there any way to call for “MAAARIOOO?” like you could in the other games though? :laughing:

Three of the D-pad buttons do that I think

• Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

The d-pad directions will do the deed.

Got my game this morning from Nintendo store. Haven’t opened it yet. But was surprised at the packaging used. 

A huge box for just a small plush and the game and steelbook. 

20 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Got my game this morning from Nintendo store. Haven’t opened it yet. But was surprised at the packaging used. 

A huge box for just a small plush and the game and steelbook. 

It's probably because of the plush, did you order it at the same time as the game? Mine arrived in flat, sturdy cardboard as it was the game, steelbook and the keychain. :)

I welcome the extra packaging sometimes as it's handy to have some extra boxes for posting stuff. :D

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

It's probably because of the plush, did you order it at the same time as the game? Mine arrived in flat, sturdy cardboard as it was the game, steelbook and the keychain. :)

I welcome the extra packaging sometimes as it's handy to have some extra boxes for posting stuff. :D

I did order it all at the same time. It was one of the bundles. True about the extra boxes though. 

I love the facial expressions and animations they have Luigi doing in this game, it's so well done and works really well with whats going on around him

EIPQbJFWkAAeo2q.jpg

Has anyone been playing online mode at all? I'm a little disapointed that its not a great deal different from the previous game, just with some minor improvements but I'm still enjoying it. I'm finding it pretty hard to get a full team set up though , not because there aren't many people playing but because no one wants to wait in a lobby long enough for it to fill to 4 players. Had this funny little moment happen online today:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Helmsly you might have a better time getting a full room if you organise a game with us N-E peeps before hand.

I'd be up for some games over the weekend if anyone else is up for it.

• Thanks 2

The bosses in this game are exceptional and Nintendo really deserves credit for coming up with such original and memorable creations.

Just completed Floor 7 and it was bigger than everything that came before it. Really felt like a Zelda dungeon at times.

It feels like I’m exploring every nook and cranny of every room, sucking and blowing etc. at absolutely everything. Yet I still only come back with around 50% of the gemstones after each floor. Apart from the Basement 1, where I actually found them all. 

Edited by Tim B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tim B said:

Just completed Floor 7 and it was bigger than everything that came before it. Really felt like a Zelda dungeon at times.

Yup. I totally felt the same way during my session yesterday evening. The floor I was on (think it was the 8th) has you solve puzzles in seperate rooms that then all fed into each other (keeping it vague as not to spoil it for anyone). It was very clever and it really felt like the puzzle design in the classic Zelda games. 

I'm loving hunting down the gems as it really appeals to my collectible nature. I've only fully completed a few floors but I'm looking forward to searching for them all.

Geez, random people online, maybe I'm spamming the "Over Here!" shoutout because I might need everyone where I am!

• Angry 1

Dear God, online with randoms is infuriating!

giphy.gif

COME PRESS THE F-ING BUTTON!!!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dcubed said:

Dear God, online with randoms is infuriating!

giphy.gif

COME PRESS THE F-ING BUTTON!!!!!

Just for context, he played exactly one floor with a random group before posting.

It really is that hilarious how incompetent some people are. 3 people spamming "Over Here!" and the fourth decides to go walk abouts.

Well, I got to play about an hour of this last night as I was pretty tired after playing Mario Kart and Smash.

But just from that introduction I can tell that this is going to be a special game to play indeed. :D

All the attention to detail is astonishing, I really had to look twice when the game loaded up for the first time, this is one of the best looking games I've seen on any system. :smile:

I would have loved to have played some more but I decided to leave it until later today when I can hopefully aprpeciate it more, but I can't wait to play it properly later. :peace:

'M-M-M-Mario?' Charles Martinet really put everything into his vocal performance and it shows, I know the only spoken dialogue in cutscenes is the odd word here and there, but it  just works so well, I've often enjoyed that about games within the Mario/Luigi universe as I think with a game like this, less is more and when all other aspects are delivered with equal levels of effectiveness, what you have is a very engaging game which really sucks you in and makes you want to play it from start to finish, enjoying everything it has to offer in the process. :heart:

I haven't even had my first proper ghost encounter yet and I've already warmed to the game, there isn't really much more of a higher endorsement I can give it than that. :grin:

Definitely deserving of its excellent review on the main page.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Geez, random people online, maybe I'm spamming the "Over Here!" shoutout because I might need everyone where I am!

yes, I've gone through this so many times now I can't get frustrated at it anymore and just accept that the current run is over lol. Another thing has been when the game asks us to collect as much money as possible (as opposed to catching all the ghosts of the floor) but it seems other players do not realize the objective has changed and continue to focus on capturing ghosts rather then collecting cash they leave on the ground.

Furthest I've made it so far is floor 3 because I was very lucky and got another player who knew what they were doing. But I guess it's early days, chances are the average player will be better as the weeks go on. It should be good to play this mode with some people from here.

Picked up Tetris 99 on my lunch break. Seeing as that comes with a years online subscription I figured I may as well pay an extra fiver and get a physical copy of Tetris with a new sub.

Just had a quick game online and I'm impressed with how smooth it is. Very happy with the performance. 

I'll be up for any N-E Ghostbusting that is on the cards.

• Thanks 1

Just cleared floors 1-5 in the online mode. The group I was with were well organized. I must have hit on lucky. :D 

Well, in that case, would anyone be up for some totally not ghostbusting and some actual competent button pressing at 8pm tonight? @Helmsly?

Someone let @Hero-of-Time know. I imagine he still has me blocked.

Edited by Glen-i

I'm up for some games, but can't make 8pm 8:30 or 9 would be better for me.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

I'm up for some games, but can't make 8pm 8:30 or 9 would be better for me.

9 sounds good to me. I'll be up for that.

Sign in to follow this