NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Luigi's Mansion 3 (2019)

Everyone's first thoughts were like, here we go the 3DS game hold on a minute this looks too good for 3DS!!? SWITCH GAME!!!:bouncy:

Edited by Nintendo Fan
  • Like 2

Is this being developed by Next Level Games? They did a really great job with the 2nd game.

Edited by Mandalore

5 hours ago, Nintendo Fan said:

Everyone's first thoughts were like, here we go the 3DS game hold on a minute this looks too good for 3DS!!? SWITCH GAME!!!:bouncy:

Yup. My reaction was "wait this isn't Luigi's Mansion 1", "this looks too good for 3DS...".

I guess this is the game where Luigi has to get his soul back from Dracula's castle. :laughing:

• Haha 1

The only downside is the graphics looked pretty rough, but that seems to be a recurring theme with Nintendo games, they tend to get better closer to release, so hopefully it should be fine. Yoshi looks much better than what we saw last year.

5 hours ago, Mandalore said:

Is this being developed by Next Level Games? They did a really great job with the 2nd game.

Did they..? I felt the second game was a huge step down from the original Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube and I'm disappointed to see a similar direction with 3 :hmm:

..and I still hate that horrible font used throughout the game!

Dark Moon added a lot to Luigi's character making him a lot more Mr. Bean-ish for better or for worse. I quite liked what they did with him there, but I do agree that the more arcadey style of having multiple mansions to expore in a bit of a linear fashion go a bit stale eventually.

This game looks like it is returning to one building though, so I'm looking forward to it. I bet they will have interesting online modes as well.

Also, if Next Level Games is working on this it looks like we might have to wait a bit longer for that Mario Strikers game!

6 hours ago, Fused King said:

Also, if Next Level Games is working on this it looks like we might have to wait a bit longer for that Mario Strikers game!

Yeh.. that was another hidden disappointments that I also realised :hmm:

I'm sure this will be great but I preferred the vibes from Luigi in the Simon Belmont reveal trailer!

Yes. Yes! A million times YES! :D

Best news from the Direct, imo. With The originol on 3DS and nr.3 on the way, it's a good time to be green.

Or a dreadful time. Luigi never quite seems competely happy about it for some elusive reason. Esoecially since he's now 'passed on' himself. ;p

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J530F met Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some really good analysis in this video. :D

• Thanks 2

"Nintendo's player research showed Luigi was an attractive lead character to a female audience"

• Haha 1

This is my most anticipated game of the year. I absolutely adored the second game on 3DS. It was full of charm and was very funny.

content-4-35942-luigismansion3gamescombanner.jpg

The latest footage from Gamescom now up on the main page.

This should make for a memorable Halloween this year. :D

• Thanks 1

I snuck off to play this yesterday at Insomnia when I should have been working. It’s really really great! The controls took some getting used to, including switching between Luigi and Gooigi. The game is actually packed full of secrets. The Nintendo rep had to point out loads of secret areas to me when I was playing, and I probably wouldn’t have discovered them otherwise.

• Thanks 3

The game looks great from the Gamescom footage. I should finish up Luigi's Mansion 2.

I also played the demo of Luigi's Mansion 3 at the gamescom. Like @Tim B said, the controls needed some getting used to. I was confused that I couldn't make Gooigi disappear after summoning him? Or did I just not get that part? The thing is, the camera pans out when Luigi and Gooigi are far from another, to keep both of them on screen. This however, for bigger rooms, can get a bit problematic when you're looking for small secrets. I just can't imagine that this is intended though, maybe I was just to dumb to figure it out. :p

Aside from that, I really liked the demo. It gave of a good Luigi's Mansion vibe, had some interesting puzzles involving Luigi and Gooigi and the boss battle against a ghost knight was also very well made, albeit quite easy.

• Thanks 2

For those who don't know, the game is available for pre-load on the eshop now. It installs at 6.8gb. On a side note, the US site for the game mentions that the game will have paid DLC although it looks like its for multiplayer modes only:

Paid DLC will come to Luigi's Mansion 3 in the future, adding new content to the ScareScraper and ScreamPark multiplayer modes.

https://luigismansion.nintendo.com/

I would love to know how many hours the main campaign is for this game. I have a ridiculous amount of hours left in Dragon Quest still and am seriously considering not purchasing any more games until I’m done with it.

Sign in to follow this