NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

That’s disappointing, no design on the joycons. It’s not like you ever look at the dock much.

They did much better with the AC edition 3DS.

Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-3DS-XL-bundle-coming-your-way.jpg

Wow lovely colours!

EPkYFGCVAAAJpaj?format=jpg&name=large

Really hope they sell those joy-con separately or I'll have to go the eBay route

Hmm, I would love to be able to buy one but I can't really justify blowing £300 on a second Switch. 

I'm in the same boat as you @Ronnie, hopefully the joy cons are sold separately.  

Will definitely go for that case though, really like the design.

There are news about the multiplayer-aspect in the game as well:

Up to eight players can reside on an island; four residents of the same island can play together simultaneously on a single system.

Eight players can play together on one player’s island via online multiplayer or local wireless.

*Up to 8 players with registered accounts on a Nintendo Switch console can live on one shared island, and up to four residents of one island can play simultaneously on one console. Please note: only one island can exist per Nintendo Switch console, irrespective of the number of user accounts registered to or copies of the game used on one console. One Nintendo Switch and one copy of the game is required for each unique island. Alternatively, up to eight people can play together on one island via local wireless or online play. Local wireless play requires one console and one copy of the software per player. Internet connection required during online play. To use online services, you must create a Nintendo Account and accept the related agreement. The Nintendo Account Privacy Policy applies. Some online services may not be available in all countries. Online play requires paid online membership.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm very surprised that there isn't a Switch Lite Animal Crossing model on the cards. 

Considering that there will be same screen multiplayer available for the first time, the Switch Lite wouldn't be ideal for that.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Considering that there will be same screen multiplayer available for the first time, the Switch Lite wouldn't be ideal for that.

The way I see it is that I imagine a lot of people, especially in Japan, will be playing the game in handheld mode, which is why the Lite makes more sense to me. Plus, with it being the cheaper model it would probably sell a lot more. Saying that, the AC IP is strong so maybe by offering just a standard Switch AC console it then forces people to buy the more expensive version if they want their limited edition goods.

7 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Really hope they sell those joy-con separately or I'll have to go the eBay route

5 hours ago, killthenet said:

I'm in the same boat as you @Ronnie, hopefully the joy cons are sold separately.  

They are selling them separately in Japan. So you can at least import them if they don't see a release over here.

HERE

• Thanks 1

Confirmed for Europe - game is a download code and it releases on March 20th instead.

• Like 1

Bah, can’t seem to find where to preorder one, even on the official store. As I said before, a Lite version would have been preferable but I’ll probably pick this up. Can always connect the dock to the tv upstairs. 

43 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

They are selling them separately in Japan. So you can at least import them if they don't see a release over here.

HERE

Looks like it's exclusive to the store and they don't ship internationally.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Looks like it's exclusive to the store and they don't ship internationally.

Then those wanting them need to pray for an international release. 

Those colours are even more stunning at a second glance!

I'll buy the whole Switch and sell the console/dock on ebay if need be. I NEED them.

3 hours ago, Dog-amoto said:

Bah, can’t seem to find where to preorder one, even on the official store. As I said before, a Lite version would have been preferable but I’ll probably pick this up. Can always connect the dock to the tv upstairs. 

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console/nintendo-switch-animal-crossing-new-horizons-edition/12458084.html

https://www.shopto.net/en/swhw37-nintendo-switch-animal-crossing-limited-edition-p191589/

• Thanks 1

I was hoping to use the 10% discount code I got for registering that catalogue I got over Xmas. The code is on the back, but I can’t find the catalogue now!!

Does anyone know if they’re still running that promotion or has it expired now? Saves me searching everywhere for the catalogue if it’s expired. 

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Are you getting one, @Ike or are you now out of the hardware collecting business? :D 

Nah, not my style, but I'm also out of the hardware collecting biz as well. :cheeky:

• Haha 1

Looking forward to this, my first AC since the original. I'm hoping I can get the wife into it, but probably won't though. 

24 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Looking forward to this, my first AC since the original. I'm hoping I can get the wife into it, but probably won't though. 

Nothing deters a person from playing a game more than another person trying to co-erce them into playing it.

Just play it in front of her, don't talk about what's going on (Unless she straight up asks you about it). See if that catches her interest.

And if she doesn't, well, you've always got N-Europe peeps to visit.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm unsure if I'm going to pick up this game. The vibe and energy are very me, but then I find with games that require such a commitment I back out quickly. Essentially...

tenor.gif?itemid=4501079

Also I know it's a painted on design so it can't, but it would be really nice if when you docked the console the waves bobbed up and down.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nothing deters a person from playing a game more than another person trying to co-erce them into playing it.

Just play it in front of her, don't talk about what's going on (Unless she straight up asks you about it). See if that catches her interest.

And if she doesn't, well, you've always got N-Europe peeps to visit.

Sound advice

Those Switch Lites look so nice, but I need to be strong. Don't need one.

checks price on Amazon for the 12th time...

Some more technical info has come out, 6.2gb file size for the digital version. And Amiibo support confirmed - those 14 AC Amiibo I bought won't go to waste!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3