Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Just now, Helmsly said:

In other news, I only just found out you can run in this game by holding B

Dude. :laughing:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Sent a friend request.

You need any specific fruit?

Mate I ain't even got a shovel yet - only day 2. Got to close shop for an hour, then I'll be back on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, it's a bit rubbish that you have to visit someone's island first in order to send a letter/gift. I was going to send @Ike and nice birthday present (Happy Birthday!) but wasn't able to. :( 

Thanks, appreciate the thought! I'll open my gates or try to join people a bit later.

Museum is open and all stuff donated from first few days. So glad there’s the new mass donate option. I would have felt sorry for blathers when I asked him to talk about everything individually. And I have to say this is certainly the best museum in all the games. Nintendo outdone themselves. Every room is gorgeous to walk around. I think I spent 40 minutes in there just now. 
Have my first bridge build and a new villager moved in. 

I already have a few spare fossils so I guess it’s time for fossil trading. Are we using the fruit trading thread?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I already have a few spare fossils so I guess it’s time for fossil trading. Are we using the fruit trading thread?

Yeah, may as well.

• Like 1

I wasn't particularly planning on getting this, but I'm getting real FOMO and it seems a perfect time waster seeing we're all housebound right now... 

Might download tonight. 

• Like 3

I wasn't particularly planning on getting this, but I'm getting real FOMO and it seems a perfect time waster seeing we're all housebound right now... 
Might download tonight. 
Tell me about it. Would everyone just stop enjoying themselves?!

3 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Apparently there is also a trash island.

I think its officially known as United Kingdom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I've caved. It's downloading. 

Will be sure to share my friend code and my fruit later. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok who else is amazed by the designs people are creating and clothing too? I’ve seen some amazing stuff already. So much potential for an endless way to design your island. 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I’d be curious to see your island @Hero-of-Time if you’re ever having people round. Expecting a metropolis.

Its pretty pants. I've not really done anything with it. I'm too busy unlocking Nook Miles and getting the insects and fish.

14 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Ok who else is amazed by the designs people are creating and clothing too? I’ve seen some amazing stuff already. So much potential for an endless way to design your island. 

The pro design feature has really been improved compared to the 3DS one. I'm messing around with a jumper with a Toxtricity design and the features it has are really great.

Can someone explain the significance of Nook Miles + ? They're one and done Miles, that are constantly refreshing and sometimes have multipliers added? Is that it?

@Sheikah

Also Sheikah, my villager Reneé thinks your title is really cool, and she wants to use "total lad" for herself.

Did a bit of busy work this morning, was still up again, and prepared for a Nook tour later in the day, by emptying my inventory as much as possible, and get some fish bait.

So this afternoon I took a tour, and I accomplished my goal of getting the rest of the iron required for the shop. Didn't spend a lot of time there, it's a small island after all, and I can't even access all of it without a ladder. I suspect the chance for rare fish is higher here, because I caught the Coelacanth above even though I spent hours in the rain yesterday. It's not even raining as you can see. Also caught a Sturgeon, and a butterfly I hadn't seen before, and several football fish. I also invited Ellie to the island.

So went back to upgrade the store.. <sigh> You get a tent just like the museum. I aligned the museum with the shop.. But you can't put the tent on the current shop. Argh. So I haven't placed it yet, I'll figure it out later this evening. Speaking of the museum, why is it making me wait 2 days? Haha. Got some stuff to donate.

I also saw a bug I don't think I've seen before, but couldn't catch it. Looked like a green beetle, but it wasn't on a tree, but freely roaming around. Flew away before I could catch it.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Can someone explain the significance of Nook Miles + ? They're one and done Miles, that are constantly refreshing and sometimes have multipliers added? Is that it?

You need miles for a ticket, even if you redeemed everything else (and I suspect there will be more to redeem later).

The Nook+ achievements keep repeating, but they're an easy source of miles if you keep doing them and clearing them "off the board" once they're done. If you don't need miles you can ignore them.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yes, you're almost right, but you only get 5 multiplier ones every day.

• Thanks 1

I've had horrible luck with the random islands today. First was the island that only had bass fish on it. I then went to a shoddy little island with nothing interesting on it at all. I've then used another ticket and the game sent me back to the same island! :( 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've had horrible luck with the random islands today. First was the island that only had bass fish on it. I then went to a shoddy little island with nothing interesting on it at all. I've then used another ticket and the game sent me back to the same island! :( 

It's the game telling you to stop the grind. :p

I've paid off the 300somethingthousand Bells of debt. THE GRIND IS REAL. 

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I’m waiting till tonight hoping I get the tarantula island. £££££££££

13 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’m waiting till tonight hoping I get the tarantula island. £££££££££

DescriptiveGentleCardinal-size_restricte

• Haha 5
  • Weird 1

I'm on and my gate is open it anyone fancies a visit. Shop is open for another hour.

• Like 1

Can recommend @Sheikah's island! 

Great shop selection, picked myself up an amp from there along with a load of seeds (better flowers than my island) and some pears. :D

The only pic I've taken from my two visits there...

Cbyq1BK.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

20 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Guys I have shooting stars. How do you pray again?

I guess it’s too late but in the previous games you just pressed A whilst not holding any items.