NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Nah, everyone knows it's secretly the hardcore DOOM fanbase getting curious about why AC is in so many memes with their favourite series.

They'll probably end up preferring this.  Animal Crossing will become an eSport.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Grazza said:

They'll probably end up preferring this.  Animal Crossing will become an eSport.

Glen has set the standard with the games he hosted on his island yesterday evening. :D 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Glen has set the standard with the games he hosted on his island yesterday evening. :D 

Remember, hide and seek is better than orgies.

None of you tried to deny it on the night!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Remember, hide and seek is better than orgies.

None of you tried to deny it on the night!

I would have but it takes too long to type anything out. :p 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I would have but it takes too long to type anything out. :p 

Not my fault you can't use the app.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Not my fault you can't use the app.

Oh, but it is. I've no idea how or why but it certainly is your fault.

Can you use the Nook Miles Ticket in multi player? Are there any multiplayer games like in New Leaf?

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Are there any multiplayer games like in New Leaf?

Ask @Nicktendo. Pretty sure he's on the verge of starting a "Fishing Net Deathmatch".

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Ask @Nicktendo. Pretty sure he's on the verge of starting a "Fishing Net Deathmatch".

Fish net hide-and-seek ninja deathmatch? 

I'm IN.

• Haha 1

Paid off my first debt too Nook. Decided To go tarantula hunting and not one appeared. Why is it always the way. 

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Paid off my first debt too Nook. Decided To go tarantula hunting and not one appeared. Why is it always the way. 

You've complained on the internet. One will now show up soon enough...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Can you use the Nook Miles Ticket in multi player? Are there any multiplayer games like in New Leaf?

Despite the N-E party games being well received, I do find it strange that there's nothing of this sort to be seen.

There's not even anything like the Timer from Let's Go to the City to help time things.

Improvisation is fun and all, but some kind of preset mode for competition would go a long way to help multiplayer sessions.

I'm just thankful that the minimap doesn't show where your friends are, hide and seek and "find the buried thing" (I've trademarked that name now) wouldn't work if you could see people. Silver linings and all.

There's something to be said about using your imagination to come up with your own games.

Just off the top of my head, the shop I made sells wrapping paper, so I could use that to make a game of chance where one person gets a prize and then opens the present and states what they got, the next person can then choose to either take a present left behind or take the revealed present the first person got, forcing the first player to pick a new present and maybe get something better (or worse).

Or maybe some kind of quiz. Thanks to the "Best Friend chat" People can easily say their answers in secret to me.

Or hell, take @Nicktendo's obsession with whacking people with the bug net, turn that into a game where the host gets a headstart and has to try and avoid being whacked by everyone else. First person to nail his bonnet wins.

Later on, when towns start getting more landmarks in them, you can use these to do treasure hunts using a clue of some kind.

Of course, it all hinges on everyone playing along. But a bit of imagination goes a long way. Kinda like being a kid again.

• Like 2

Museum's open and all the things are donated :D Finally.

Time to get some moneeeeyyyyy. 
Edit: Hoooo boy, it's a lot. I think I'm going to start taking it slow with paying off the loans. There's only so much grinding even I can do :laughing: 

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

I also unlocked the museum today and donated all the fish and bugs that I'd been hoarding since Blathers stopped taking donations.

I have to say, the Museum looks amazing this time. Each section is so well made designed with stuff like being able to walk through a tunnel in the aquarium area or compare your characters height next to the larger Dinosaur fossils. However I noticed there isn't an Art gallery section this time around like there was in New Leaf. Hopefully that gets added later or maybe Nintendo add something extra sections in the future. I remember in New Leaf  you could unlock four empty rooms at the top where you could basically create your own exhibits. I created a little Zelda themed one on that game which I would love to remake in this one, if there are any Nintendo items this time around:

ERPEJASWAAMEP_O.jpg

^Old picture from AC New Leaf

I really like the changes they've made to the series with New Horizons. Its different enough for it to feel like a fresh experience but also familiar enough that it still feels like an AC game, which is the perfect mix for me. I also really like the QoL features I've seen so far. They are mostly simple things that truthfully should have been in the series years ago, but its good that they are finally here and I think they work well.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 4

How do I send letters to you fellow N-Eers? Post office has opened, and I have friends added on the Switch. But I only have the option to send to the animals on the island and my future self. Confused. 

8 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

How do I send letters to you fellow N-Eers? Post office has opened, and I have friends added on the Switch. But I only have the option to send to the animals on the island and my future self. Confused. 

Pretty sure you need to become friends in the game first by visiting / receiving people. Open your town and see if anyone stops by. Alternatively, go to the airport and see if anyone has their town open. 

10 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Alright, will try that in a bit. Thanks Nick 

I'm working, but I'm going to open my gates if you want to have a wander.

Edit: was about to express my disappointment at the same song being repeated regardless of the time of day. The other games had different tunes for each hour. Seems like it's intentional at the beginning of the game. So tired of that song now :indeed:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/640078-animal-crossing-new-horizons-music-not-changing-fix-same-song 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

How do I send letters to you fellow N-Eers? Post office has opened, and I have friends added on the Switch. 

Yeah, it's a bit rubbish that you have to visit someone's island first in order to send a letter/gift. I was going to send @Ike and nice birthday present (Happy Birthday!) but wasn't able to. :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Edit: was about to express my disappointment at the same song being repeated regardless of the time of day. The other games had different tunes for each hour. Seems like it's intentional at the beginning of the game. So tired of that song now :indeed:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/640078-animal-crossing-new-horizons-music-not-changing-fix-same-song 

That explains it! I was wondering that myself

I just spent 2000 Nook Miles to go to a random island. When I got there I found it was raining and figured I would get some good fishing done. Wrong. Every fish on the island was a large shadow and either a Sea Bass or Black Bass. I have read about the islands having only tarantulas on them so this must have been a fish variation of those. I'm not impressed. I want my 2000 Nook Miles back! :( 

I'm in the process of scraping together 550k to pay off my next loan. I'll be very surprised if I manage to get it done before Nook's Cranny closes tonight. It's getting tougher and tougher to pay back the loans in a single day.

My island is open of anyone wants to visit. Bugger all to see right now though.

SW-3368-4671-3023

Bring gifts

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

My island is open of anyone wants to visit. Bugger all to see right now though.

SW-3368-4671-3023

Bring gifts

Sent a friend request.

You need any specific fruit?

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I just spent 2000 Nook Miles to go to a random island. When I got there I found it was raining and figured I would get some good fishing done. Wrong. Every fish on the island was a large shadow and either a Sea Bass or Black Bass. I have read about the islands having only tarantulas on them so this must have been a fish variation of those. I'm not impressed. I want my 2000 Nook Miles back! :( 

I'm in the process of scraping together 550k to pay off my next loan. I'll be very surprised if I manage to get it done before Nook's Cranny closes tonight. It's getting tougher and tougher to pay back the loans in a single day.

Apparently there is also a trash island, where every fish turns out to be trash when you catch it lol

In other news, I only just found out you can run in this game by holding B

• Haha 2