NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Probably. Animal Crossing isn't a game that is built around how I play games, which is why I'm not a huge fan of the series. The Nook Miles is a step in the right direction in keeping me involved.

That's why it's always been a game I play along with something else. I check-in with AC daily but not for that long and then play other stuff for my main gaming.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nah, I suck at fishing. Can't keep a good streak to save my life.

The trick that many of my friends used in previous games and I am using in this one is just to close your eyes when fishing and listen for the louder plop. The sound of the fish taking the bait is much easier to go by than watching it. If that doesn’t help then you really do suck at fishing. 😂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

That's why it's always been a game I play along with something else. I check-in with AC daily but not for that long and then play other stuff for my main gaming.

I image that's what I'll do once I can't unlock house upgrades and Nook Miles. For now, I need to get back to digging up/grinding 200 clams. Gotta tick those boxes. :D 

• Like 1

I almost never play two games concurrently, except with AC. I started Assassins Creed Origins last night for the 100 hour openworld content, and ACNH for just taking it easy.

Nice place @Glen-i, there's a gift by your front door. I'm way behind all of you I think island wise! 

Edited by Ronnie

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Nice place @Glen-i, there's a gift by your front door. I'm way behind all of you I think island wise! 

Cheers Ronnie!

16 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

The trick that many of my friends used in previous games and I am using in this one is just to close your eyes when fishing and listen for the louder plop. The sound of the fish taking the bait is much easier to go by than watching it. If that doesn’t help then you really do suck at fishing. 😂 

Yeah, I've been doing this too. It's honestly a massive help, and honestly a testament to the strength of the game's sound design. 

Going to have a weekend update for my island of Kyoshi later today/tomorrow morning, my main game at the moment is really starting to pick up and it's honestly been a hectic weekend with everything going on at the moment.

Would love to join some of you folks in a week or two once my island is tidied up a bit! Still having a lot of fun, just trying to take it slow and enjoying the Nook-endorsed ride :peace:

There’s a free Nook Inc Silk Rug for download on the eshop. Go to the AC page and scroll down. 

• Thanks 5

30 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

There’s a free Nook Inc Silk Rug for download on the eshop. Go to the AC page and scroll down. 

Worth noting that it's an NSO exclusive item.

• Thanks 1

Anyone needs apples my gates are open. Nighttime here too if you want to catch insects or go fishing.

I've noticed that eating fruit does some interesting things. Like you can dig an entire tree out, and plant it back somewhere else full size too (could be good for gifting or landscaping). Just don't go whacking any rocks after eating fruit!

Edited by Sheikah

198k paid off.

That's all I wanted to do for today. Might get back at night to catch some more bugs and fish, but other than that I'm good. 

If the museum doesn't open tomorrow I'll kill Blathers.

I don't have too much experience with the series... but as time goes by do you get to change the grass on the island?

Like could I lay some paving stones at some point or is it literally just grass and beach? 

2 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I don't have too much experience with the series... but as time goes by do you get to change the grass on the island?

Like could I lay some paving stones at some point or is it literally just grass and beach? 

I'm not sure when, but you'll be able to make paths and terraform your cliffs and rivers to get the island just how you want it.

Seems like it'll take a while before that happens though.

EDIT: Like this.

Switch_ACNH_ND0904_SCRN_21.0.jpeg

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

I'm not sure when, but you'll be able to make paths and terraform your cliffs and rivers to get the island just how you want it.

Seems like it'll take a while before that happens though.

Thanks - so long as it comes at some point! :)

WITHOUT DIGITAL!!! What I imagine most will have gone for (and if not the majority, then something pretty close)

c6e37289d6d2ba049be0170d786b40cc.jpg

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, Corona has its advantages. For some people.

I do not have the Turnip girl. Does she show up only with some requirements or something? Since I'm a day behind.

I also did break some stones yesterday, yeah, whoops! Though maybe it has an upside, as I have less stones to try out for bells and ore. I have most of the stuff donated for the shop, except the ore. Luckily I bought another ticket and the inventory upgrade, so I can visit another island to get supplies. Museum is on it's way.

Since I was still up this morning, I had a bunch of stuff done. Gulliver was my visitor. Visited another island, brought a whole coconut tree to my island, and some flowers, but I forgot I needed to dig 'm up and not pluck 'm. Whoops. But I had some extra flowers planted anyway. I invited another dude to my island. My starter islanderswere Reneé and Dom by the way.

Edit:

If someone still wants to visit my underdeveloped town (like if you still need peaches or something), I could open it up when I'm playing the game in a minute.

Edited by Sméagol

6 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I do not have the Turnip girl. Does she show up only with some requirements or something? Since I'm a day behind.

She only appears on Sunday Morning, and I'm not certain on this second bit, but you might need to have a shop built.

Edited by Glen-i

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

She only appears on Sunday Morning, and I'm not certain on this second bit, but you might need to have a shop built.

Yeah like I said, I was online most morning for a change (that's not going to happen often :p), so I figured I needed the shop, or they changed that it's Sunday by default for everyone.

Edit:

Town is open. It's raining here. Peaches and everything on the hills (I can't get there yet) is up for grabs. I'll be doing my own thing.

Edited by Sméagol

42 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

WITHOUT DIGITAL!!! What I imagine most will have gone for (and if not the majority, then something pretty close)

The game released in the perfect storm. Its on the Switch, a console which is known for boosting the sales of Nintendo IPs, people are stuck in their houses and this is an ideal distraction from the hell that is occurring worldwide. Sales are well deserved and we could be seeing one of the biggest selling games of the generation.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The game released in the perfect storm. Its on the Switch, a console which is known for boosting the sales of Nintendo IPs, people are stuck in their houses and this is an ideal distraction from the hell that is occurring worldwide. Sales are well deserved and we could be seeing one of the biggest selling games of the generation.

Nah, everyone knows it's secretly the hardcore DOOM fanbase getting curious about why AC is in so many memes with their favourite series.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Ike said:

I didn't get her either @Sméagol, and I haven't built the shop yet.

@Dcubed was in the same position. I guess the shop is the trigger for her appearing.

You guys don't want her visiting anyway. Coming to people's islands with her runny nose, sniffing all over the place. :nono:

• Haha 3