NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

12 hours ago, Helmsly said:

It seems I only have one of those, the Rock-Head Statue. you should get it in the mail any time from now.

Thanks, I got it this morning. Two to go.

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Like 1

On 11/02/2022 at 6:55 PM, Helmsly said:

It took me over a year but I finally completed the art section of the Museum, which means all sections (Bugs,Fish, Fossils and Art) are all complete :)

No mean feat! Well done! :bowdown: 

On 11/02/2022 at 10:13 PM, Helmsly said:

yeah, I would not have been able to complete the art collection had they not added Harvs Island, because before that you were at the mercy of a random appearance of Crazy redd and hoping he had the art I needed. Once they added that island I went every day and bought something which makes him replace it the next day.

By the way, do you know which statues you need? I kept all the legit spare artwork that showed up so I could post them to you if I happen to have them.

Does the addition of Harvs Island help with bugs at all? I need one of those things off the trees from summer.

When I get back into AC I'll hit you up with the art I'm needing. ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, darksnowman said:

No mean feat! Well done! :bowdown: 

Does the addition of Harvs Island help with bugs at all? I need one of those things off the trees from summer.

When I get back into AC I'll hit you up with the art I'm needing. ;)

Sadly not, you can't even use net once you are there. The Island is basically like a daily car boot sale, with all the characters that sometimes visit your main island, (like Crazy redd and his art) set up shop all day. There are also few of extra characters you can't meet otherwise there.

However, Nintendo also added a little boat on your main island that that takes you to a random island, which should help with catching any bugs you need. I think those islands are not effected by the current season so you'll find bugs there that you can't normally catch this time of the year. Outside of that you can use a Nook Miles Tour to a island. I had to do that for a few bugs when they simply were not showing up for me lol

Also, Yeah let me know what art you need and I can mail it out to you :)

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Helmsly said:

However, Nintendo also added a little boat on your main island that that takes you to a random island, which should help with catching any bugs you need. I think those islands are not effected by the current season so you'll find bugs there that you can't normally catch this time of the year. Outside of that you can use a Nook Miles Tour to a island. I had to do that for a few bugs when they simply were not showing up for me lol

This is true, Kapp'n's boat trips can take you to an island that is not set to the season your island is in. However it's random so you may have to take a few trips and I think it may only be one a day (or that's just for the Nook Miles achievement) either way you could possibly get to a summer island, and if you go at the right time of day you may see the one you need.

• Like 2

So the games been updated to 2.0.5 no big news but this has to be one of the best and funniest bug fixes ever.

• Fixed an issue where the player could not progress past the loading screen when trying to revisit a vacation home if the player previously released an ant or fly in the yard of that vacation home while the conditions for ants or flies to appear were not met.

It's literally a bug fix.

Here's the full patch notes.

• Haha 4
  • Weird 2

Deliberate Surplus, The Bulk Begins

The island will call those back who belong there.

uc?export=view&id=1WZHU-_jFFcxtH311CmO72

A slumber that has endured since the end of August has come to an end.

The winds of change have been blowing strongly in the interim because immediately Isabelle was telling me about how we got ordinances, and we got boat tours. I was called for an urgent meeting with Lottie down at the airport where I learned the biggest change of all. Old Tom is now President Nook. (That wasn't always the case, was it? :wtf:)

uc?export=view&id=1WaZ1aQ5ngdVgm3IsByS5S

I have to get scrubbed up to do some work for Lottie now. All of a sudden, that amazing string of reveals in the Direct seems to be of zero importance. In fact... pretty much everything is paling in comparison to the prospect of being sucked back into this.

Send help.

And by help, I mean art. At a quick check, it looks like I'm lacking these:

Amazing painting
Detailed painting
Proper painting
Warm painting
Wild painting left half
Wild painting right half
Familiar statue
Informative statue
Robust statue

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darksnowman said:

And by help, I mean art. At a quick check, it looks like I'm lacking these:

Amazing painting
Detailed painting
Proper painting
Warm painting
Wild painting left half
Wild painting right half
Familiar statue
Informative statue
Robust statue

Ill look at my spares for you when I go on later, I'm sure to have one or two, however I call dibs o the Robust Statue, I've been asking for that for ages now, one of the two I need to complete my Art Wing

@darksnowman I have the following fof you:

Amazing Painting

Wild Left Half

(Really thought I had a few more, I have three fake Detailed Paintings though)

I can send them to you unless you are on one evening and wanna come get them? If you want them sent, just remind me of who you are in the game.

8 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Amazing painting

Detailed painting
Proper painting
Warm painting
Wild painting left half
Wild painting right half
Familiar statue
Informative statue
Robust statue

I have a 'Proper painting' I can send to you, but I am not sure what the name of your character or your island to post it to. I am pretty sure I have sent stuff to you in the past but if not I'll have to fly to yours to drop it off sometime

Edited by Helmsly

That'd be great to get three knocked off the list so quickly, @BowserBasher and @Helmsly, if you's don't mind parting with them! :bowdown: I'll visit, I'll fling the gates open, I'll accept post. Whatever works. I thought @Hero-of-Time had been painstakingly maintaining the player list but it appears he dropped the ball! Mine is Stevo @ New Gilead (Pears).

Got any vegetable starts or am I pushing my luck now? :p I forked out for a storage expansion (and to get Redd on Harv's Island) so at least I've been able to stash the surplus fish I caught last summer while finishing that part of the museum. Hope the model maker shows up frequently. 

Can the new items in the Nook ATM be customised or do I need to mooch additional colours off you?

• Like 1

That's cool @darksnowman, I think the list is still there, but some have in game names and some don't.

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Got any vegetable starts or am I pushing my luck now?

If you are on later this evening, I'll doing my evening fishing and I can open my gates for you, I should have loads of veg laying around (wait, maybe I picked it this morning though.) I could leave a few of each out for you though. If you don't get over, I'll mail you the art.

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

That's cool @darksnowman, I think the list is still there, but some have in game names and some don't.

If you are on later this evening, I'll doing my evening fishing and I can open my gates for you, I should have loads of veg laying around (wait, maybe I picked it this morning though.) I could leave a few of each out for you though. If you don't get over, I'll mail you the art.

I'll see you on court first. 

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

I'll see you on court first. 

Don't know if it's too late for you, I was gonna play after but seems we all got carried away on MK after. I'll open up tomorrow evening for you. Probably around 9pm, I'll post here before I do, the fruit and veg should be grown by then.

15 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Don't know if it's too late for you, I was gonna play after but seems we all got carried away on MK after. I'll open up tomorrow evening for you. Probably around 9pm, I'll post here before I do, the fruit and veg should be grown by then.

That's hardly fair as my museum will be closed tomorrow for an upgrade. :weep: 

3 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

That's hardly fair as my museum will be closed tomorrow for an upgrade. :weep: 

hey if you open your gates now I can visit and drop off some art

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

If I get any more stuff I should be able to post it to you in the future, now that I've visited your island once I believe it unlocks the feature for me to send you mail with a present

• Like 1

Wow, @Helmsly, thanks for leaving so many goodies! :o:) That'll get me started with some vegetables too. :yay: 

uc?export=view&id=1WrVEFuif-gIbOQGdEgJgn

Think that's me down to needing:
Detailed painting
Warm painting
Wild painting right half

I'll do a proper check when the museum reopens at the weekend to see if there's more than three empty spots. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Think that's me down to needing:
Detailed painting
Warm painting
Wild painting right half

So you still need my offerings or not now? I'll be on tonight and will let you know when I open up.

Edited by BowserBasher

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

So you still need my offerings or not now? I'll be on tonight and will let you know when I open up.

I would like a few pieces of veg for sure. Think Helmsley covered the art. I'm good before or after 8pm (not at) but let's co-ordinate if it lines up!

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

I would like a few pieces of veg for sure. Think Helmsley covered the art. I'm good before or after 8pm (not at) but let's co-ordinate if it lines up!

That's OK, I usually play around 9pm time onwards in the evening. Veg is all grown back so you can take what you like from the farm.

Wait did you get a Robust Statue from @Helmsly then? Damn been looking for that for ages. If anyone sees another please give me a shout. Also after the Great Statue Please anyone  

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

That's OK, I usually play around 9pm time onwards in the evening. Veg is all grown back so you can take what you like from the farm.

Wait did you get a Robust Statue from @Helmsly then? Damn been looking for that for ages. If anyone sees another please give me a shout. Also after the Great Statue Please anyone  

Around then'll be good for me.

No, not at all. Helmsly wasn't holding out on you with that. :p I got it and another in the post from some other players. If I see it with Redd you'll be the first to know. Speaking of the post, @Helmsly, strange that we weren't already synchronised for mail as I'm sure we've done visitations before for turnips. 

• Thanks 1

@darksnowman I'm on the game now, let us know when you are on and I'll open my gates, Just going fishing. Try send an intake message if you can (or discord if you are on there)

58 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

@darksnowman I'm on the game now, let us know when you are on and I'll open my gates, Just going fishing. Try send an intake message if you can (or discord if you are on there)

Ready for departure.

4 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Ready for departure.

OK just opening up. Octavian is also making a Knights Helmet