NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

23 hours ago, darksnowman said:

If you keep following Nook's guidance for island development they will come.

I'm really struggling to find more Iron Nuggets to create this "campsite"...which is basically a stage. At the moment, I have another bridge on the go ready for the middle island so I can create a campsite for it. At this moment in time, I have Poncho (a bear who loves working out), Drago (a dragon who loves to snack- can't relate, haha), Plucky (a chicken obsessed with saying "chicky-poo"), Bubbles (a hippo who loves bright colours) and Nana (a pink monkey that is constantly crafting).

I've turned the Residential Tent into a building and Isabelle has joined. She's a weird one. I done my island flag and tune (I made When You Wish Upon a Star...obviously. I did Beauty and the Beast but couldn't finish the tune and it done my head in). Right now, I've planted LOADS of flowers, made my own pumpkin patch, done my back garden up, planted coconut palm trees all around the beach, made a seashell rest spot...I just need iron nuggets! Can I buy them? I hit rocks all the time and they pop out now and again. Is there a technique to get them more frequently?

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

I just need iron nuggets! Can I buy them? I hit rocks all the time and they pop out now and again. Is there a technique to get them more frequently?

You can get a maximum of eight things from the rocks per day if you can hit them quick enough. Try digging some holes behind you to reduce/eliminate knockback to help you get eight things before time runs out.

Don't forget you can use your Nookmile Tickets to fly to random islands where you will find rocks too. And like @BowserBasher said, don't worry about rushing it! Enjoy the campsite portion of the game. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I'm really struggling to find more Iron Nuggets to create this "campsite"...which is basically a stage. At the moment, I have another bridge on the go ready for the middle island so I can create a campsite for it. At this moment in time, I have Poncho (a bear who loves working out), Drago (a dragon who loves to snack- can't relate, haha), Plucky (a chicken obsessed with saying "chicky-poo"), Bubbles (a hippo who loves bright colours) and Nana (a pink monkey that is constantly crafting).

I've turned the Residential Tent into a building and Isabelle has joined. She's a weird one. I done my island flag and tune (I made When You Wish Upon a Star...obviously. I did Beauty and the Beast but couldn't finish the tune and it done my head in). Right now, I've planted LOADS of flowers, made my own pumpkin patch, done my back garden up, planted coconut palm trees all around the beach, made a seashell rest spot...I just need iron nuggets! Can I buy them? I hit rocks all the time and they pop out now and again. Is there a technique to get them more frequently?

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

don't worry about rushing it!

Exactly this. But if you really do want the iron nuggets, I’m gonna be open tonight as I have a meteor shower so I can leave you a bunch on the ground if you want. 

• Like 1

Exactly this. But if you really do want the iron nuggets, I’m gonna be open tonight as I have a meteor shower so I can leave you a bunch on the ground if you want. 
Thank you! That would be great!

Honestly, I'd be playing this for a long time because I want to get all of the stamps and complete my museum. Only then, I'll be satisfied with the game, haha.

What time will you be opening?

You can get a maximum of eight things from the rocks per day if you can hit them quick enough. Try digging some holes behind you to reduce/eliminate knockback to help you get eight things before time runs out.
Don't forget you can use your Nookmile Tickets to fly to random islands where you will find rocks too. And like [mention=2412]BowserBasher[/mention] said, don't worry about rushing it! Enjoy the campsite portion of the game.
That's a really good tip! I didn't think of that! I thought it was me going crazy! I thought I was being knocked back.

51 minutes ago, Beast said:

Thank you! That would be great!

Honestly, I'd be playing this for a long time because I want to get all of the stamps and complete my museum. Only then, I'll be satisfied with the game, haha.

What time will you be opening?

I’ll post on here but probably from 8pm onwards. How much iron do you need?

I’ll post on here but probably from 8pm onwards. How much iron do you need?
I think it was 15 for the stage. I'll have to check how much I have after my Tetris 99 event and I'll get back to you. Thanks!
  • Like 1

Okay so I need 15 Iron Nuggets for the campsite. If you have even 1 spare, that'd help me loads!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Okay so I need 15 Iron Nuggets for the campsite. If you have even 1 spare, that'd help me loads!

Cool. I’ll open at 8 and have them ready for you. Look for Kyoshi. 

Cool. I’ll open at 8 and have them ready for you. Look for Kyoshi. 
Will do! Thanks again!

Gates open,  Celeste is here too so come get your DIY from her. I must have them all (apart from constellation ones) as she gave me a large star fragment. 

Gates open,  Celeste is here too so come get your DIY from her. I must have them all (apart from constellation ones) as she gave me a large star fragment. 
Okay, I'm just selling some stuff real quick and I'll hop on over!

@BowserBasher Sorry, I didn't realise the time and had to go. I got the app sorted so it'll be smoother next time. But about your island...

HOLY SHIT! I was like saying "what the fuck?!" the entire time! The cinema room is insane!! Also, I thought the tarantula was real and was gonna try and catch it, haha. Seriously, awesome island!!

• Like 1

@Beast No worries about leaving. And thanks. I’ve put a lot into my island and love what I have. 

Edited by BowserBasher
  • Like 1

[mention=3591]Beast[/mention] No worries about leaving. And thanks. I’ve put a lot into my island and love what I have. 
I thought my island was scrubbing up well and when I took the plane back, I was like "this is bare af"

But thanks to you, I have a campsite ready which I'm going to put on the middle island as soon as I figure out how to smash rocks completely!
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Beast said:

I thought my island was scrubbing up well and when I took the plane back, I was like "this is bare af" emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

But thanks to you, I have a campsite ready which I'm going to put on the middle island as soon as I figure out how to smash rocks completely! emoji23.png

You can smash rocks by eating a piece of fruit before hand. The same way you can dig up a whole tree. Rocks will resplendent the next day. 

• Like 1

You can smash rocks by eating a piece of fruit before hand. The same way you can dig up a whole tree. Rocks will resplendent the next day. 
The place of where I wanted my campsite is exactly where the bloody rock is!

Thanks for that! I have so many apples so I'll get to that!
  • Haha 1

I've just got Able Sisters to open and found out about custom designs. Someone created this AMAZING Beast costume and I love it! 8137784187bce62cd121f7424f730ae3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I've just got Able Sisters to open and found out about custom designs. Someone created this AMAZING Beast costume and I love it! 8137784187bce62cd121f7424f730ae3.jpg

The other option is to get the Noble coat and Noble pants. They work great too. I’ll se did I have them and send them over. 

• Like 1

Umm, guys? I was doing the rounds on my island yesterday evening and before saving and quitting, I thought I'd talk to Isabelle because it had been a while. In recent weeks (since the Christmas break) I'd chopped down a bunch of native pear trees and moved non-natives to make more space for snowballs to spawn because, as you'll know, my island is covered with trees, out of control flowers and weeds. I did a bit of weeding in the newly cleared space, too. So, last night I remembered the island evals bemoaned the tree count (islanders getting lost in the woods, lol) so I thought why not check if there's a different message now. There was! Clutter. Quick and easy to rectify as I had heaps of items dropped all over the place for future decorating or crafting. :blush: Also sold off the remaining recipes, then back to Isabelle to see if she'd reverted to complaining about trees or something new... and... FIVE STAR ISLAND!! :eek::bouncy:

It's kind of embarrassing. My island is such an undeveloped work-in-progress; the worst five-star island I've seen! :laughing:  Found the lily-of-the-valley this morning so that's it confirmed.

• Like 5

Umm, guys? I was doing the rounds on my island yesterday evening and before saving and quitting, I thought I'd talk to Isabelle because it had been a while. In recent weeks (since the Christmas break) I'd chopped down a bunch of native pear trees and moved non-natives to make more space for snowballs to spawn because, as you'll know, my island is covered with trees, out of control flowers and weeds. I did a bit of weeding in the newly cleared space, too. So, last night I remembered the island evals bemoaned the tree count (islanders getting lost in the woods, lol) so I thought why not check if there's a different message now. There was! Clutter. Quick and easy to rectify as I had heaps of items dropped all over the place for future decorating or crafting. :blush: Also sold off the remaining recipes, then back to Isabelle to see if she'd reverted to complaining about trees or something new... and... FIVE STAR ISLAND!! :eek::bouncy:
It's kind of embarrassing. My island is such an undeveloped work-in-progress; the worst five-star island I've seen! :laughing:  Found the lily-of-the-valley this morning so that's it confirmed.
Well done, dude! That's awesome!

I have 1* and I wanted to kick Isabelle in her stupid face!

She's like "plant some flowers and do stuff"...bitch, think of hayfever sufferers!
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, darksnowman said:

You should have seen mine, I lost patience with it all and just dumped furniture and fences everywhere. It was an unholy mess.

Once I got that recipe, I killed all the flowers and reverted back to how it was before the Furniture Armageddon hit and now I live in the best island I've ever seen. Because there's actual space!

Apparently, it's 2-star, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yesterday I managed to get my 6th crocodile villager, Alli. Only one left to go!

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

You should have seen mine, I lost patience with it all and just dumped furniture and fences everywhere. It was an unholy mess.

Yeah going by what I read shortly after launch, it was my understanding that you have to go to crazy lengths to attain the five-star rating. I was keeping in the back of my head to pave out some plots and move houses onto them to see if it would be a good way to sneak in extra paths when I would eventually decide to go for the five-star rating. :laughing: 

How did you kill the flowers? I need to know. 

Yeah going by what I read shortly after launch, it was my understanding that you have to go to crazy lengths to attain the five-star rating. I was keeping in the back of my head to pave out some plots and move houses onto them to see if it would be a good way to sneak in extra paths when I would eventually decide to go for the five-star rating. :laughing: 

I don’t believe you need to go to that crazy an extent. Mines still 5* and I haven’t really don’t too much. 

No, don’t humour him on his murderous ways of flower killing. Lol

Ran them all over until they exploded, then dug them up and chucked them in the bin.

I never felt such catharsis!

Edited by Glen-i