NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

29 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Just finished a session by checking the shop section of the Nook ATM to squander some of the fishing money I'd just made (C.J. was skulking round my island) and noticed there is a "seasonal" section. What seasonal items have I missed since launch! :cry:

If you mean the mother's day mug, that's the first item.

As for your catalogue, I dunnno how long you've been playing, but it's only the cherry blossom and bunny stuff so far, although as Ashley points out, the bamboo stuff is also included in that section, which also made me wonder if bamboo islands will go away at some point.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sméagol said:

If you mean the mother's day mug, that's the first item.

As for your catalogue, I dunnno how long you've been playing, but it's only the cherry blossom and bunny stuff so far, although as Ashley points out, the bamboo stuff is also included in that section, which also made me wonder if bamboo islands will go away at some point.

I don’t believe bamboo will go away, but the ability to harvest young bamboo (which is required for the seasonal bamboo DIY) will stop at some point for islands in the Northern Hemisphere, probably when summer kicks in.

Any idea why these trees aren’t growing? They were planted a week ago and the ones around it have grown no problem but the middle ones haven’t. 

I didn’t think they were too close together? 

q9vdDXF_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

20 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Any idea why these trees aren’t growing? They were planted a week ago and the ones around it have grown no problem but the middle ones haven’t. 

Looking around the web, it seems to be a common problem for trees surrounded by other trees. Grow them elsewhere then move them back.

• Like 1

Trees need to have a 2 space gap between it and another tree to grow

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

I noticed this in my orchard this morning too.

Exact same setup, I just dug up the saplings that weren't growing and planted them elsewhere.

Gotta think about something to put in the middle of those trees now, maybe a pond or something...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, martinist said:

I noticed this in my orchard this morning too.

Exact same setup, I just dug up the saplings that weren't growing and planted them elsewhere.

Gotta think about something to put in the middle of those trees now, maybe a pond or something...

Picnic blanket might be a cool idea too! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

14 minutes ago, martinist said:

Providing that they fit, why not just dig up some tress that are already fully grown and plonk them there. Doing it that way you can place them pretty close together.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Now I got my 5 star rating, I think I'm actually becoming depressed with not having any island design to do. 

I honestly would love to start the whole experience over again but I don't want to lose my island / save file. 

Loved playing this game so much! 

10 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Now I got my 5 star rating, I think I'm actually becoming depressed with not having any island design to do. 

I honestly would love to start the whole experience over again but I don't want to lose my island / save file. 

Loved playing this game so much! 

Destroy everything and then start again?

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Destroy everything and then start again?

I don't think I could. I love my island as it is. I just want a second one to work on now with a totally different feel / vibe haha. 

On 18/04/2020 at 6:38 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

I picked up Drivin'. It's one of the 3 known songs that you can only get if you ask for them. The other two are Animal City and Farewell.

Just finished collecting all three of these. Thanks for the heads up or I would never have known! :) 

• Like 2

Fauna on my island is building some pretty cool log decorative shelves if anyone wants the DIY. I am prattling round tidying up and have opened the gates if anyone wants a late night visit. 

17 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Fauna on my island is building some pretty cool log decorative shelves if anyone wants the DIY. I am prattling round tidying up and have opened the gates if anyone wants a late night visit. 

I had switched off for the night but I might pop round if you don't mind? Just a running visit this time though if that's ok

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I had switched off for the night but I might pop round if you don't mind? Just a running visit this time though if that's ok

Two others here at the mo :) 

Thank the lord for that. My least favourite islander is on his way out. We just never really clicked me an ol Vic. 

5JAFM1f_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Weird 1

I let my first villager leave earlier. I didn't mind him (I like all my villagers really) but I already had a gym bro that I preferred so I thought we'd roll the die and see what happens.

I've imported 4 of mine from amiibo cards- Beardo, Marshall, Peanut and Gaston- I'm very particular!! 

3 minutes ago, punio75 said:

I've imported 4 of mine from amiibo cards- Beardo, Marshall, Peanut and Gaston- I'm very particular!! 

I have Marshal, and know he’s a bit of a favourite... but I don’t really know why?! One of my least favourites... 

Accidentally buried 9999 (or whatever it is) in the money hole earlier as I was speaking to my nan on the phone and trying to find Daisy before midday 🤦‍♂️

• Weird 1

3 minutes ago, martinist said:

Thats going to be a nice return in a few days.

Doesn't it max out at 10,000 bells regardless?

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

I keyed in a quick search and apparently people have got decent returns out of burying a max stack of bells in the game. :)

It's not always guaranteed and the tree will supposedly take longer to grow but there's a good chance that you'll get a lot of your bells back or more.

There is also the chance that it'll be capped at something like 30K bells per bag but at least all is not lost. :peace:

Disclaimer - I don't know that much about it, I just found this out and I've only buried a maximum of 1,000 bells per tree so far, though I might start burying more bells now. :D

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'd been burying 99k (and harvesting the three money bags with little to no problems) until someone on here said about the 10k maximum so I dialled it back. :blush:

• Haha 1