Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

@Ronnie, sorry, I accidentally shook your cherry tree

I noticed :mad: ...

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

while watering your flowers!

...awww forgiven :bowdown:

• Weird 1

Crafted well over 100 pieces of fish bait and still no tuna...i only have 1 day left!

In other news, i spent several hours pressing A while crafting well over 100 pieces of fish bait. Please do something about this, Nintendo.

Edit: wow, complaints on here, really do work. First fish i caught after i posted this, was a tuna!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Weird 2

Thank you to @Vileplume2000 @Nicktendo and @LazyBoy for letting me visit their islands in Animal Crossing: New Horizons as it was eye-opening to see what can be done in this game with a little bit of imagination, a few (hundred?thousand?hundred-thousand?) bells and clearly a lot of hours and effort. :D

I've only really dabbled in the game so far but after witnessing your islands first-hand and trying out visiting new islands for the first time, I'm starting to see why it's such a great game once again; as I've always been a fan of the games but I've just never really invested that much time in the series as a whole.

Indeed, looking through this very thread has been interesting to me as well, it's nice to see the N-Europe community getting together to enjoy Animal Crossing and really make the most of it, more than I ever would have thought possible but again, this is clearly a series which defies expectations every time for the most-part and although it has some elements which aren't always going to be that popular, overall it would seem to me, to be the very best the series has ever been even if some of the earlier games have more going for them on the nostalgia front. :peace:

I'll definitely try to make more out of my island than I have been so far, especially now that I should be able to use the ladder as well :p It's funny to me that as I was showing you all around my island, that was the first time that I'd even seen all of it as well, though it made for a great shared moment and I'm glad that there were some items in my newly opened shop that you were interested in, so at least you were able to take something away from my island, especially as you all helped me out with various gifts which I'm grateful for. :smile:

Hopefully, I'll be able to show you all around my island again at some point later on down the line, when I will have probably invested some more time into making it a bit more of an interesting land mass, hopefully with a few more things so see and do.

• Like 9

I was pretty shocked to find out I've played this 160 hours in a little over a month. Now I'm sure others are higher than that, but my point is I adored New Leaf and it was the first game I'd ever put 100+ hours into but even that game I played every day for a year only reached 140ish hours. I think it's because there's so much more to do in this New Horizons. In the 3DS one I'd feel content with playing 20 mins a day but this game is much more of a time investment. Just thought it was interesting.

Also, does anyone feel like they're missing out on stuff with their villagers? I keep seeing people talk about villagers asking you to run errands for them, or them playing timed games with you etc but I've seen none of that. It's mostly just them teaching me reactions, giving me clothes or asking if they can call me a nickname. Anyone else?

One of mine played a game with me the other day but that's it. Other than that just chatting and that kind of thing. 

The gates are currently open at mine for a bit, if anyone wants somewhere to visit. :) 

31 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Also, does anyone feel like they're missing out on stuff with their villagers? I keep seeing people talk about villagers asking you to run errands for them, or them playing timed games with you etc but I've seen none of that. It's mostly just them teaching me reactions, giving me clothes or asking if they can call me a nickname. Anyone else?

I think I’ve played two games of hide and seek (they bury the item) and I had one islander ask me to take something to another. 

Just now, BowserBasher said:

I think I’ve played two games of hide and seek (they bury the item) and I had one islander ask me to take something to another. 

Weird I've not seen any of that

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Weird I've not seen any of that

You often need to speak to them multiple times before they request something.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone come across anyone white ceramic mugs? That can be customised? 

Thanks for having your gate open @RedShell finally got that darn tuna. I spent ages at mine throwing about 50 fish bait off the pier and nothing. I come to yours and second fish bait did it. I think it was your serenading. 😂 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Thanks for having your gate open @RedShell finally got that darn tuna. I spent ages at mine throwing about 50 fish bait off the pier and nothing. I come to yours and second fish bait did it. I think it was your serenading. 😂 

Now just 3 more to give to CJ!

• Haha 2

I FINALLY GOT A TURTLE!

It's quite ugly though. What's that about Nintendo. 

Blathers isn't getting it though. It's now roaming around my house. 

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

I completed the May Day event this morning.

Spoiler

EW6Y4HDUwAEnyz3?format=jpg&name=small

The maze was quite fun but pretty easy and I managed to nab all of the bell tickets. The ones at the bottom left took some figuring out though. I knew where they were but couldn't figure out straight away how to get to them.

I was expecting something a little more from it. Still, it was a nice 10 minute distraction from the main game and free bells are always welcome.

Time to start catching the new fish and insects. This morning I've already caught a couple that I needed. I came across a frog and one of the new butterflies quite fast. Plus, during my travels on other people's islands I ended up on the Southern Hemisphere a few times. While I was on these islands I nabbed a couple of the fish and insects that weren't in season up here in the Northern Hemisphere and some of them are now making an apperance.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

We've got a Smashing Cast episode devoted to Animal Crossing! Check it out and tell us what you think. We visit each others islands, and in the end come away very complimentary:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s the first of the month, that means it’s torment Blathers day. 

Got my Birdwing so far. 

also my Ables has a lot of nice stuff in, a lot of dress up stuff so I’ll be open this evening for browsing. 

What can I get you all? 
Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino? 
Espresso? 
Caramel Macchiato? 

Starbucks is open. :D

rs85QZX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

What can I get you all? 
Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino? 
Espresso? 
Caramel Macchiato? 

Starbucks is open.

rs85QZX_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Hello I am an officer from HM Revenue & Customs. May I check how much corporation tax you've been paying lately?
  • Haha 3

Just now, Sheikah said:

Hello I am an officer from HM Revenue & Customs. May I check how much corporation tax you've been paying lately? emoji14.png

Oh hi. Have a seat. How about I check what money I have in the cash register, I’ll make you a coffee up and then we can come to some sort of ... ‘arrangement’? 
😜

• Haha 1

Hello I am an officer from HM Revenue & Customs. May I check how much corporation tax you've been paying lately?
You'll need to visit head office. It's on a different island.
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

While I was on these islands I nabbed a couple of the fish and insects that weren't in season up here in the Northern Hemisphere and some of them are now making an apperance.

I might visit your island some time then :p

Only need two more fish, one of which can only appear from 4pm 'til morning.

And aside from a scorpion (which replaces the tarantula) and the Great Purple Emperor I have caught all bugs. I really hope the latter doesn't need a specific type/colour of flower to appear...haven't really dabbled with breeding flowers, yet, and in turn not all colours are found on my island.

47 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I might visit your island some time then :p

Eh? I meant that bugs that i've seen on southern islands have no reached northern shores. You have the same bugs on your island that I have. 

48 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Only need two more fish, one of which can only appear from 4pm 'til morning.

And aside from a scorpion (which replaces the tarantula) and the Great Purple Emperor I have caught all bugs. I really hope the latter doesn't need a specific type/colour of flower to appear...haven't really dabbled with breeding flowers, yet, and in turn not all colours are found on my island.

Which fish is that? I'm still missing the two that can be caught at a pier but i'm not bothering with those until I have farmed a lot of fish bait. I wish you could just buy the bait.

I'm just needing the scorpion for the final bug for May. The butterfly you mentioned seems to spawn on normal flowers. I had a couple spawn on my island and I seen one on a mystery island that just had normal flowers on it. The thing is massive.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Eh? I meant that bugs that i've seen on southern islands have no reached northern shores. You have the same bugs on your island that I have. 

Oh, I thought that you've caught bugs on southern islands and therefore they already appear on yours. Which in hindsight is pretty stupid of me. :D

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Which fish is that? I'm still missing the two that can be caught at a pier but i'm not bothering with those until I have farmed a lot of fish bait.

Catfish, which can only be found in ponds between 4pm and 9 am.
And I haven't caught the large fish at the pier (Giant Trevally), yet.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wish you could just buy the bait.

Here's what I do: Craft 10, save and quit.
Start again, use 'em all. Didn't catch the fish I wanted? Quit via the home button. Repeat.

Unless the auto-save doesn't kick in you can do that infinitely. And it takes a while for the game to automatically save.

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The butterfly you mentioned seems to spawn on normal flowers. I had a couple spawn on my island and I seen one on a mystery island that just had normal flowers on it.

Good to know. Haven't seen it once in 3 hours...

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The thing is massive.

I hear that a lot.

• Haha 1