NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

My wife has now several times asked for me to get this. I'm a bit relunctant because if she doesn't play it, the money is lost. But if she plays it, I'll lose both my Switch and my wife. So it's a bit of a non-win-situation for me!

Though I guess I would get time to read Witcher 5 and watch some of those Netflix shows that I want to watch...

• Like 1
  • Weird 2

2 hours ago, Tales said:

@Hero-of-Time Not surprisingly the very next day after I get it from you, I pick up a golden flooring DIY on the beach :p

Speaking of which, one of my islanders (Marshal) is giving away this recipe this morning. I'll open the gates up now and leave the game on for those wanting to visit and pick it up.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Speaking of which, one of my islanders (Marshal) is giving away this recipie this morning. I'll open the gates up now and leave the game on for those wanting to visit and pick it up.

:( Of course, the only day of the week I'm at work...

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

:( Of course, the only day of the week I'm at work...

I've got a spare. I'll send it in the mail for you.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've got a spare. I'll send it in the mail for you.

You, Sir, are a good man :)  Thank you very much. :peace: 

Edited by drahkon

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Speaking of which, one of my islanders (Marshal) is giving away this recipie this morning. I'll open the gates up now and leave the game on for those wanting to visit and pick it up.

Cool, thank you!

Can't wait to see the first post saying that a villager is giving away golden showers.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Can't wait to see the first post saying that a villager is giving away golden showers.

There's a golden toilet :D. I got the recipe for it. Needs a whopping 6 gold nuggets...

• Weird 1

Excellent, was waiting on shrubs coming

Beaten to it

Edited by Jimbob

Love it!

Surprised they're teasing each monthly event so far in advance.

Was this what was in the datamine or different?

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Love it!

Surprised they're teasing each monthly event so far in advance.

Was this what was in the datamine or different?

Some, not all of it.

I haven't checked the datamine info too elaborately, but I don't believe Nature day was in it, and the museum stamp, Leif, new Nook Tour island.. On the other hand, there's other stuff not in this video.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

Will be interesting to see if the next patch will remove access to the Bunny Day for good and let us know if Nintendo truly time gates content.

Now that I know some of the datamined stuff is real I won't deal with terraforming for now. Can't plan in advance if you don't know how much space you need for new stuff. ::shrug:

My mountain of glory will be the only thing I'll be creative with for the time being. Shrubbery will definitely be placed :D

The-Knights-Who-Say-Ni.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 2

16 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Will be interesting to see if the next patch will remove access to the Bunny Day for good and let us know if Nintendo truly time gates content.

The way you call it "time-gating content" like it's some awful, disgusting practise. They're seasonal events, the entire game is based on a real world cock. That's literally the entire point. 

Personally, I'm terra-forming AND leaving space for new stuff. Genius I know.

Edited by Ronnie

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

You talk about "time-gating content" like it's some awful, disgusting practise. They're seasonal events, the entire game is based on a real world cock. That's literally the entire point. 

The difference being that in the other games a person could time travel if they missed such events. The general feeling is that these events are still going to be available once they've been implemented via a patch. I believe what drahkon is asking is whether this is indeed going to be the case. If they do remain then everything is fine and dandy but if for some reason they do get removed then it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who miss them do to other obligations.

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

They're seasonal events, the entire game is based on a real world cock. That's literally the entire point. 

But whose....?

Edited by bob
  • Haha 3

Which kind soul left a Nook Miles ticket for me when they visited my island this morning for the Golden Flooring? I've just noticed it now. It wasn't necessary but I do appreciate it. :heart:

@darksnowman I see you returned my purple flower. :laughing:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

49 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The difference being that in the other games a person could time travel if they missed such events. The general feeling is that these events are still going to be available once they've been implemented via a patch. I believe what drahkon is asking is whether this is indeed going to be the case. If they do remain then everything is fine and dandy but if for some reason they do get removed then it's a bit of a kick in the teeth for those who miss them do to other obligations.

Just find it interesting how Nintendo release an update trailer and he chooses to talk about them potentially removing previous seasonal content for the tiny minority of gamers who choose to time travel AND couldn't play during the two weeks of Bunny Day or Earth Day, than you know, the actual new content in the trailer.

And his "I can't touch terra-forming until Nintendo give us the buildings to add in" is a tad over-dramatic. You can terraform, and leave extra space, simple.

Don't even bother.
You got what I meant and I assume most of the others did, too. No reason to further his cause. ::shrug:

Not surprising but still...

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Had The Third-Biggest US Launch Of Any Nintendo Game In History

Animal Crossing: New Horizons was the best-selling gaming the U.S. for March, according to The NPD Group. But that is just the start of its achievements.

New Horizons launched March 20 for Switch. In that month in the U.S., it has already become the best-selling entry in the franchise’s history. It’s also the country’s third-best launch for any Nintendo game ever, following Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (also for Switch) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (which came out for the Wii). New Horizons is also already the No. 2 best-selling in the U.S. for the year. It is only behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

This is an incredible achievement for the series, which propels it to Nintendo’s A-tier of franchises along with the likes of Smash Bros., Mario, and Zelda. The first Animal Crossing came out in Japan in 2001, with the U.S. having to wait for the GameCube port in 2002. Since then, the franchise has grown in popularity as Nintendo has brought entries to following consoles.

A lot of factors are playing a part in New Horizon’s meteoric success. First off, it’s on the Switch, which has become a hot system for Nintendo since its launch in 2017. Also, many gamers around the world are quarantined or social distancing, and a game about being a part of a community (and one where you can play with your real friends through the internet) sounds like a good escape during today’s troubles.

New Horizons is also building off of the success of the last main Animal Crossing, New Leaf, which came out for the 3DS in the U.S. in 2013. It sold over 12.45 million copies worldwide. After seven years, fans were hungry for a new entry.

Digital sales not counted in this report, as usual.

*insert It Prints Money gif*

24 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Just find it interesting how Nintendo release an update trailer and he chooses to talk about them potentially removing previous seasonal content for the tiny minority of gamers who choose to time travel AND couldn't play during the two weeks of Bunny Day or Earth Day, than you know, the actual new content in the trailer.

And his "I can't touch terra-forming until Nintendo give us the buildings to add in" is a tad over-dramatic. You can terraform, and leave extra space, simple.

I find it quite timely. It's a discussion that's been had on here before and with the new update fast approaching we will soon find out which way it's going to go.

I sympathise with his dilemma. From the start i've known exactly what I wanted to do with my island and even though I had to make adjustments here and there, I did manage to get it how I wanted. I've a little room left in certain areas but any new items that I do want to implement to my island mean changes will have to be made to my design/layout. For someone like drahkon, who is in the process of making their island, I can see why they would feel like holding off. We've no idea when things will drop or what else ( besides what has been datamined ) will be on the way. In that sense it does make it hard finalize a layout or design when everything is in a state of flux.

• Thanks 1

Which kind soul left a Nook Miles ticket for me when they visited my island this morning for the Golden Flooring? I've just noticed it now. It wasn't necessary but I do appreciate it. :heart:

@darksnowman I see you returned my purple flower. :laughing:

It is like a treasure hunt to find your replies to the treasure hunt I left on your island. I am guilty of both, but when will you find the third item...!

2 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

It is like a treasure hunt to find your replies to the treasure hunt I left on your island. I am guilty of both, but when will you find the third item...!

There's a third present? You didn't use my toilet, did you? :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I just booted up Let's go to the city.

I mean, i don't want to depress you people, but it's quite the experience. Unfortunately I have to charge my remote, so couldn't do much. Will get back to it later, and take some pictures.