NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Just a reminder that the N-E party is on tonight.

There's 4 spaces left.

First proper day on the island and I've kind of run out of things to do while I wait for some tree branches to reappear. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

First proper day on the island and I've kind of run out of things to do while I wait for some tree branches to reappear. 

Just shake the same tree over and over again.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'm running a car boot sale of Nook's Cranny/balloon present stuff that I don't want at the party tonight if anyone has any similar sort of stuff to trade.

I can bring my spare fossils I have laying around for trade too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I can bring my spare fossils I have laying around for trade too. 

Great! I only have one spare fossil... Stego torso I think, plus lots of other stuff I don't need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Just shake the same tree over and over again.

I found that out just after posting. 

3 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1

Yeah, I'm actually surprised how Nintendo implemented censoring here.

You can see what you type, but others playing online see the word replaced by a single asterisk.

Except @Dcubed's town of Craphole, that doesn't get censored.

• Weird 1

Put me in a reserve spot. On the one hand, I'd like to visit, on the other hand, I also like to get some other stuff done like Mario maker or other stuff in Animal Crossing itself. I mainly want to sell my stuff, check a shop, and trade with / give away stuff to people.

Haven't posted my updates..

Yesterday I finally upgraded my house, and today I payed it off. Not in a hurry, and that's why I'm almost a millionaire.

Oh I forgot if I mentioned this in the thread, but USB keyboards work, and they area godsend. Apart from the fact they don't do deadkeys.

So far, in one week, I've seen Gulliver twice, Wisp twice, Mabel twice, Sahara once, hmm I think that's it. I got Harv but he's a special case. Daisy Mae sent en e-mail that's she's coming, so tomorrow I'll be able to buy Turnips. Watch how my prices will turn out terrible all week, unlike this week.

Need to do some more Nook tours, because I'd like to visit the fabled Tarantula island, but also Trash island, and Bamboo island.

I just found out you can actually sell your DIY recipes to the store. I was giving them away to people who didn't have them, but some you can't get rid of. So it's good they're actually worth money!

My last of the 3 new villagers moved in. I now have Dom, Reneé, Stu, Ellie, and Pinky. The Resident Center will upgrade tomorrow.

I was also up all night last night, to try to catch a Stringfish, I didn't have any luck for a long time with that one, even usedup all my bait, but finally caught one. So I think I have all the ones I need from that list.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Put me in a reserve spot. On the one hand, I'd like to visit, on the other hand, I also like to get some other stuff done like Mario maker or other stuff in Animal Crossing itself. I mainly want to sell my stuff, check a shop, and trade with / give away stuff to people.

The games lasted about 45 minutes last time, plus the 15 minutes grace time we gave everyone to arrive.

For the sake of the new page:

Party begins Saturday 28th at 8pm on the Island of Daybreak

Party Game Host - Glen-i (Glen)

Island Venue Provider - Ronnie (Patrick) (FC: 2093-6613-0337)

Party Guests

RedShell (Manolito)

Mr-Paul (Paul)

Party Guests who attended last week

BowserBasher (Simon)

Nicktendo (Nick)

The maybes

Sméagol

Edited by Glen-i

Thanks @Glen-i and @Ronnie (and everyone else that was present), that was a lot of fun. :) 

Such a shame the online in this is basically still the same as previous versions, with the exact same load breaks and interruptions though. :hmm:  Hopefully we’ll get a truly seamless online Animal Crossing game at some point in the future...

• Like 1

Yeah that was great fun! 

Have to echo @RedShell on the online comments though - why does there have to be such a big load/ceremony for someone arriving/leaving. So cumbersome! Just let people come and go! 

The games were great @Glen-i, and thanks for having us over @Ronnie! Happy to be a host another week if I'm free!

• Like 1

I've got no idea where to post things anymore. We have pics/twitter stuff in here and pics and updates in the thread Julius created. Screw it. I'm just going to plonk everything in here. 

I had some great sessions on this today and made some cracking progress. I managed to get a couple of new villagers to move on to my island. The first one appeared in the newly created campsite. He looked pretty cool and I liked his phrases so I invited him to join the island. The second one I came across when I was visiting a mystery island. I had already set up a bit of land to be bought before setting off and I just so happen to love the little character I came across on the island. Once again, I invited him to join me.

EUOl2vTUEAAUVor?format=jpg&name=large

EUOl2veU4AA5CoV?format=jpg&name=large

EUOl2v3UwAUM6lF?format=jpg&name=large

When on the same island as Marshal there were a load of rare flowers kicking about. I emptied my pockets and took lots of them back with me. I've planted them near my house and it has paid off very well.

EUOmDVZUUAApXG9?format=jpg&name=large

These flowers seem to attract the rare butterflies and they sell for quite a bit. I spent a couple of hours grinding, just catching and selling them, back and forth I went. This netted me a fantastic amount of cash and I made just enough to pay off another loan from Nook. I've now got the final house upgrade being made and it should be ready in the morning. The last loan I paid off was around 1.2 million bells. This next one...

EUOmDU_UEAYV9Uu?format=jpg&name=large

Paying off the loan left me completely broke and I needed to get some cash for tomorrow's turnip sale. I done a bit more bug grinding but wanted to shake things up a bit. I decided to visit a mystery island and this proved VERY profitable.

EUOmDVCUYAwJQMY?format=jpg&name=large

EUOmDU3UMAAmvgq?format=jpg&name=large

source.gif

That should be more than enough for turnips in the morning. :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Loads of fun, great work @Glen-i, I couldn't have thought up and implemented those games haha. Looking forward to the next one at @Mr-Paul's or someone else, if we have a new host every time it should keep things fresh.

The interruptions are really annoying, mostly because of how LONG the animations are, the arrival one especially. Didn't notice any lag after that though

All my villagers look weird, if they're not a caffeinated weirdo like Deli, they're a goat with his eyes closed like Billy. Ken looks cool!

Thanks to my flower set up I made an easy 200k in the space of an hour this morning. Who needs the turnip market? :p Saying that, i'm hoping that the next shop upgrade that happens allows me to change the opening times. I had to pile everything up as i refused to sell it at a loss in the little drop in box thingy.

The Able Sisters building is still not finished yet. The construction started yesterday and I figured it would be done today but it seems it's like the museum in that it will take a couple of days. I was also disappoint to see that Marshal hasn't moved in yet. I guess you can only get one villager per day to move in. Hopefully he will arrive tomorrow.

I've now unlocked the ability to scan amiibo in and have them visit the island and possibly stay as a resident. Having not collected the cards then I think this feature won't be getting used by me. Out of the AC amiibo figures that I do have I don't want any of them on the island. I'll just keep waiting for random ones to appear at the campsite and the mystery islands.

Finally, Isabelle will now rate my island for me. I think this is the last step of Project K and I need to improve my rating as it's only 1 star a the moment. Makes sense as I haven't really done anything with it. Problem for me is that I don't really want to faff about with planting trees and building bridges until I can shape the island how I want it but it looks like i'm going to have to do this anyway and then just clean up/move stuff once the terraforming does get unlocked.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Thanks to my flower set up

Does cross breeding require newly planted flowers or can you get rare colours with grown up plants, as well?

Just now, drahkon said:

Does cross breeding require newly planted flowers or can you get rare colours with grown up plants, as well?

It happens with the grown up plants once they have been watered. Place them in a checker board formation so there is room for a new flower to sprout. If you are lucky you will get a new flower and a new colour. The new colour depends on what colour the two flowers are being bred are.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of flowers: I'm looking for seeds:

• mums
  • lilies
  • cosmos
  • roses

If anyone's store has any of these available, let me know :peace: