NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. It really drains your resources as well.

I've been on this since half 5 this morning and only now have I finished my morning routine. There's so much busy work to take care of. I love it.

One of the Able Sisters has made an appearance on my island, the museum is finally open, Daisy Mae has shown up to sell me turnips, Moe has moved to the island and my first bridge has been built. Yup, plenty going on today.

There's some very magical and relaxing playing this game so early in the morning. Seeing the sun rise as I sat on the beach, catching some fish and doing some island chores, is very special.

Daisy Mae? Have they sacked off Sow Joan for the turnips? 

I surprised my girlfriend by downloading this to her Switch on Thursday night ready for Friday morning, I had to pull all sorts of nonsense to get her to turn her Switch on when she came down stairs as she didn't see the point 🤦‍♂️

She's in love with it already! Her first time playing the series so everything is magical and cute. I'm not saying I won't buckle but she asked me if I'd water her plants (steady) while she was out in the day time yesterday and I flat out refused, I told her Tom Nook has done me over more times than I care to remember and I won't go anywhere near the man 😂 I feel like I don't want to go back through it all again at the moment but, as always, these things may change, especially hearing everyone's stories and how much they are enjoying it! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Daisy Mae? Have they sacked off Sow Joan for the turnips? 

Yeah. It's her grandkid who is now running the business.

Speaking of which, do people want a dedicated thread for turnips prices?

Edited by Hero-of-Time

11 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Speaking of which, do people want a dedicated thread for turnips prices?

Might be a good idea. 

Pretty pricey for me - 94 bells. Haven't bought any yet. 

Nooks Cranny built and museum on the way. So the area around it is a storage foe bug and fish. Still waiting on when and where to get ladder crafting and I now need log stakes for a bridge. 
Loving the game even though I broke my first shovel this morning. Saving resources for tools now. The music is so relaxing. 

Found this way to always catch the wasps from reddit. Just stand in that spot to shake a tree, so 45 degree angle (bottom corner of tree) make sure you have net out, shake tree, wait for shock to stop then mash A. You shouldn’t need to turn to face the wasps as you do that automatically. Works a charm. 

Edited by BowserBasher

Really...the museum is still not ready? :(  I hate Blathers already.

Anyways, bridge is under construction. So are the three houses Tom Nook wanted me to prepare. Very productive morning :D 

Will spend the rest of the day to collect the remaining 110k bells I need to pay off the loan.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Really...the museum is still not ready? :(  I hate Blathers already.

Anyways, bridge is under construction. So are the three houses Tom Nook wanted me to prepare. Very productive morning :D 

Will spend the rest of the day to collect the remaining 110k bells I need to pay off the loan.

Agreed. Seems I’m in the same spot as you. Found where to get the wooden stakes so have my bridge in place. Just need to find plots for the three houses. 

Hey guys! Thought I'd make a reappearance here again now this is out! Been playing since Friday evening and sunk tonnes of time into it already... Still looks like I'm a bit behind some of you (just got to decide where the shop would go this morning, Blathers' tent has just arrived and I donated the 15 critters, and there's no Daisy Mae on my island today), but I'm up for some multiplayer some time. My town has cherries (just like in my GameCube one!), in case anyone's still after them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

My town has cherries (just like in my GameCube one!), in case anyone's still after them.

Check out this thread.

I'm still looking for cherries so I might make an appearance on your island sometime :p 

I achieved this today. 

ETtZL5OU8AAUMVb?format=jpg&name=small

Easily the most stressful thing i've had to do in an Animal Crossing game. Trying to catch 100 fish without any of them getting away was a lot trickier than I thought. Twice I got into the 50s but both times I bottled it and ended up reeling the fish in too soon. Initially I thought it would be easiest to do this in the rain, what with fish being more plentiful when rainfall occurs. This caused problems though because the rare fish would appear and would also increase the likelihood that I would cock it up if I wasn't fast enough. I gave up trying to do it yesterday and started afresh this morning. I'm very happy that's out the way and I can now fish without the fear of missing one. :D 

• Like 1

Other than the daily nook mile stuff I'm not aiming for any other milestones. I'll just play at my own pace and get them when I get them.

• Like 1

I'm setting up some orchards on my island, so I'm looking for people with pears and peaches to spare. I can trade cherries! Anyone has an island open with some low hanging fruit?

1 minute ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I'm setting up some orchards on my island, so I'm looking for people with pears and peaches to spare. I can trade cherries! Anyone has an island open with some low hanging fruit?

Give me about 10 minutes and I can provide Peaches. Will take cherries and any other fruit going. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

You want to be careful about orchard planning. Who knows how many future buildings you'll need to place?

14 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Other than the daily nook mile stuff I'm not aiming for any other milestones. I'll just play at my own pace and get them when I get them.

This is me playing at my own pace. It's how I roll. It's why i'm enjoying this more than any other AC game. I finally have an achievement/trophy system to keep me busy. :D 

My island is open for the next 30 minutes GLS3C if anyone wants to trade for my cherries, it's the only fruit I have so will take anything haha

Edited by Ronnie

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

My island is open for the next 20 minutes GLS3C if anyone wants to trade for my cherries, it's the only fruit I have so will take anything haha

I’ll try to pop over with some Peaches for you. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I’ll try to pop over with some Peaches for you. 

Thanks for the gift and peaches, first visitor :hug:

• Like 1

Just now, Ronnie said:

Thanks for the gift and peaches, first visitor :hug:

If you need Apples, you can visit my Capim Town. It's open now.

And it's currently raining. Good Fishing here.

Just now, Glen-i said:

If you need Apples, you can visit my Capim Town. It's open now.

And it's currently raining. Good Fishing here.

Awesome thanks, I will do now but might need to add you as a friend first?

57 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I achieved this today. 

ETtZL5OU8AAUMVb?format=jpg&name=small

Easily the most stressful thing i've had to do in an Animal Crossing game. Trying to catch 100 fish without any of them getting away was a lot trickier than I thought. Twice I got into the 50s but both times I bottled it and ended up reeling the fish in too soon. Initially I thought it would be easiest to do this in the rain, what with fish being more plentiful when rainfall occurs. This caused problems though because the rare fish would appear and would also increase the likelihood that I would cock it up if I wasn't fast enough. I gave up trying to do it yesterday and started afresh this morning. I'm very happy that's out the way and I can now fish without the fear of missing one. :D 

Didn't even know about that challenge. Apparently I managed to do it on release day :D 

After watching some Westworld and eating lunch I'm ready to get back to Animal Crossing. Will probably just keep fishing and selling :laughing: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Didn't even know about that challenge. Apparently I managed to do it on release day :D 

I was waiting for someone to say that. I was half expecting Glen to be the one to say it.

39 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

This is me playing at my own pace. It's how I roll. It's why i'm enjoying this more than any other AC game. I finally have an achievement/trophy system to keep me busy. :D 

Unfortunately I think this is also why you will drop off a lot quicker than the rest of us 

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I was waiting for someone to say that. I was half expecting Glen to be the one to say it.

Nah, I suck at fishing. Can't keep a good streak to save my life.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Unfortunately I think this is also why you will drop off a lot quicker than the rest of us 

Probably. Animal Crossing isn't a game that is built around how I play games, which is why I'm not a huge fan of the series. The Nook Miles is a step in the right direction in keeping me involved.