NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

After restarting a few times, I've finally got my blue plane/airport. I can actually start playing now. :D 

The fruit on my island is oranges.

Important question. Do they refer to the island as ___ island after you name it?

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Important question. Do they refer to the island as ___ island after you name it?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing this as well. 

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

Someone just mentioned this on Era and apparently they don't.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Why do I always get apples as my local fruit?

I got apples as well.

Just spent the last half an hour getting rid of all the weeds in my little patch of land that I can't escape from.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I got apples as well.

Just spent the last half an hour getting rid of all the weeds in my little patch of land that I can't escape from.

I've just done the same thing. Gotta earn those Nook points. :D 

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've just done the same thing. Gotta earn those Nook points. :D 

Screw the Nook Miles! I can't have people visiting my Island when there's disgusting weeds on it!

• Haha 1

Nope, Tarantulas are still terrifying. Managed to catch the first one that jumped me though.

I've only been here 2 hours and I almost get killed! Island life sucks!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Weird 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nope, Tarantulas are still terrifying. Managed to catch the first one that jumped me though.

I've been here 2 hours! Island life sucks!

I just got taken out by one. Still, it was worth it as I was awarded some Nook Miles for fainting. :p 

Because I don't have any form of storage, I've been leaving all of my materials around my neighbour's tents. Right in the bottom corner of the opening section of land where they belong while I lord it up at the northernmost section all for myself, with a whole bunch of flowers in front of my tent.

That's what they get for forcing me to be the Island Representative without even asking whether I was cool with it.

I've now finished my first session on the game. Time for some sleep. I did make some great progress though. I've paid off my tent, unlocked the museum (it's on getting built), my house is on getting built, nearly got enough cash together to pay it off when it's finished, earned enough Nook Miles to unlock both the upgraded tools and the tool wheel and then got attacked by spiders multiple times. :D 

As stated earlier, my island's fruit is oranges and I named my island Risa. I imagine only @Happenstance will get this reference. I placed my home near the beach, that way it easy to go shell picking and fishing first thing in the morning and then straight to Nook's to sell them all.

When doing a spot of fishing I was worried that once my rod broke I would have to wait until the next day to build a new one. I was happy to find that the branches on the trees do respawn by entering and exiting a building. Phew!

Speaking of crafting, I quite like how you can repurpose all the junk you find lying around. I fished out a tyre from the river and was able to make an item for my house out of the thing.

The Nook Miles thing is great. It really incentivizes you to do things, which is exactly what I needed in this series. Doing the random tasks that Nook sets out is very satisfying and some of the rewards look to be well worth it. I'm now saving up for some new hairstyles because the default ones are pretty rubbish.

• Like 4

Ok then, the Island of Krakoa is up and running and we have peaches!

Not much else to say other than god I love Animal Crossing. Had to pull myself away otherwise the cats wouldn’t be fed this morning.

7 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Someone just mentioned this on Era and apparently they don't.

Guessing you can confirm? I've left Nook hanging all night.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, Island isn't shoved on the end.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ok then, the Island of Krakoa is up and running and we have peaches!

*gives thumbs up*

I unlocked the proper museum this morning. I had to donate 15 items before it would be upgraded, which is now done. It looks like I won't be able to upgrade the store today though as I've not got enough iron and I think I've exhausted all of the supplies on the island for the day.

I ended up skipping on buying the new hairstyles and instead snapped up the inventory upgrade. It cost 5,000 Nook Miles but it's already paying off for me. I'm no longer having to run back and forth as much as I was.

I also unlocked access to some other sections of the island thanks to the little pole that you get. I spent a good chunk of time just clearing out the weeds and chopping some wood.

With that all sorted I better get some real work done. I'm working from home and need to pull myself away from this in order to do my job. :laughing:

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah, you if you want Island or Isle then you have to enter it yourself. It's a bit harsh giving the character limit. 

• Thanks 1

The Switch Online App has now been updated to include the NookLink features.

Keep in mind that you need to activate it in the settings menu on the title screen first.

It implies that the "Best Friends" feature might let you send people messages even if they're not in your town.

Once 10 o'clock rolls around, I'm so sending all my clothes I designed over to the Island.

Well I can't wait! 

New animal crossing switch 'should' be delivered today. 

1 minute ago, punio75 said:

What other airport colours are there?

Edited by punio75

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The Nook Miles thing is great. It really incentivizes you to do things, which is exactly what I needed in this series. Doing the random tasks that Nook sets out is very satisfying and some of the rewards look to be well worth it. I'm now saving up for some new hairstyles because the default ones are pretty rubbish.

giphy.gif

Still, I don't need it.

Oh look, it's downloading.

Well...now I can't say no..

I HATE YOU @Hero-of-Time

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, punio75 said:

What other airport colours are there?

Red, blue, green and yellow.

Anyone who played this at midnight should be able to visit other players now.

So I'm gonna leave my crappy Island open for any of those who want to visit.

So what is this talk about airport colours and fruit?

This will be my first time playing an Animal Crossing game so WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

So what is this talk about airport colours and fruit?

This will be my first time playing an Animal Crossing game so WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Your airport colour and native fruit get designated when you start a new island.

The airport colour is just a matter of taste while the native fruit can be sold for more money if you go to a friend's town where their native fruit is different.

• Thanks 1

I wasn't intending to pick this up as the direct on it didn't exactly spark much interest in me. Move to today and I've ended buying it. Really shouldn't have for money reasons and because, if anyone has seen me posting in the What Have You Bought thread, I already have a tonne of stuff to play.

But there we go. I've got it now and no doubt I'll be suckered into the gameplay loop alongside Stardew Valley. If a lockdown happens, you'll find me knee deep in island life, farming and Final Fantasy X. Not a bad way to spend time.

• Haha 1