NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

48 minutes ago, Ike said:

Aw yeah, beetle season has officially started. 

Are they racing adventurously?

• Thanks 1

None of you happened to plant a lily of the valley yesterday? I noticed one today, it wasn't there before. But I do not have a 5 star rating.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sméagol said:

None of you happened to plant a lily of the valley yesterday? I noticed one today, it wasn't there before. But I do not have a 5 star rating.

Exactly the same happened to me a week or so ago. Still 4 stars... 1 Lily of the Valley and that’s it...

Either some one did plant or maybe you had a 5 star rating for a moment when you didn’t have all those clothes and diys scatters around. Maybe that still triggers a Lily of the Valley

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Either some one did plant or maybe you had a 5 star rating for a moment when you didn’t have all those clothes and diys scatters around. Maybe that still triggers a Lily of the Valley

I doubt it was one of the strangers visiting last night.. And I ALWAYS have stuff on the ground. I've been moving them around the last few days, but there wasn't a moment where there wasn't anything on the ground. But I'll probably do an experiment.. I'll just sell all the clothes that are still on the market after tonight, then check the rating tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

But I'll probably do an experiment.. I'll just sell all the clothes that are still on the market after tonight, then check the rating tomorrow.

You wouldn’t need to wait until tomorrow as the island rating is constantly being updated, so you can check with Isabelle right away, any time you make changes.

As I said earlier on when visiting your island though, I think there’s a good chance you will be on 5 stars (once you clean up) as you have lots of flowers around, and they definitely seem to be one of the most influential factors for a perfect rating.

The first time I reached 5 stars I used A LOT of furniture to do so, but now I have very few outdoor decorations and instead have loads of flowers (all over the highest level of my island) keeping the 5 star rating in place.

But hang on a second!...

47 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Exactly the same happened to me a week or so ago. Still 4 stars... 1 Lily of the Valley and that’s it...

I’d completely forgotten about this, but a while back I read about how it’s possible (but also very rare) to get a lily of the valley on your island while still at a 4 star rating. In which case that’s almost certainly what has happened on your island too, Sméagol!

I didn't have the space to try to clear most of my clothes, luckily I had some visitors helping me out, getting rid of the clothes. I sold the remaining DIY cards, and picked up most of the clothes.. Checked, and I now have a golden watering can recipe. But at no point in the last few days (or even since almost the start of the game probably) was there a time when the island was clear of stuff as it was right at that moment. So I still find it curious.

10 hours ago, RedShell said:

You wouldn’t need to wait until tomorrow as the island rating is constantly being updated, so you can check with Isabelle right away, any time you make changes.

As I said earlier on when visiting your island though, I think there’s a good chance you will be on 5 stars (once you clean up) as you have lots of flowers around, and they definitely seem to be one of the most influential factors for a perfect rating.

The first time I reached 5 stars I used A LOT of furniture to do so, but now I have very few outdoor decorations and instead have loads of flowers (all over the highest level of my island) keeping the 5 star rating in place.

But hang on a second!...

I’d completely forgotten about this, but a while back I read about how it’s possible (but also very rare) to get a lily of the valley on your island while still at a 4 star rating. In which case that’s almost certainly what has happened on your island too, Sméagol!

And just as we’re discussing this I find my second LotV this morning. No visitors yesterday, no lay out changes and no 5-star rating... :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Slightly better conditions on my island: :heh: 

So happy they added this feature back. :love:

I also have Gulliver today! And not in pirate form, which is interesting. 
Perhaps it’s random as to which version shows up. Anyway, I’m glad, as it’s another chance to get a Lucky cat! :hehe: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So how does the pirate version work? Is he one of those visitors that fight for the two weekly spots, or does he work like Celeste and Wisp?

Heads-up fellow Villagers, be sure to check out the seasonal section of Nook Shopping as there are some additional items to obtain there.

The Summer-solstice crown and Winter-solstice sweater, available until next Monday. And an otherwise exclusive item for Japan, Bamboo grass, available until the 31st. :) 

57 minutes ago, RedShell said:

The Summer-solstice crown and Winter-solstice sweater, available until next Monday. And an otherwise exclusive item for Japan, Bamboo grass, available until the 31st. :) 

Was just going to mention the bamboo grass yeah, looks cool.The other 2 items have been available for some time.

Diving is fun! Though I wish there were some clear marked areas in the sea, with specific creatures being located in specific places, like a reef, or the pier and airport that are already there.

Swam around my island, caught 11 thingies so far. Diving is not going to make you rich, most stuff I found was sub-1000. The most expensive creature so farwas the mussel, at 1500. Everything was also available at all times, with the exception of the spotted garden eel, which doesn't come out at night. I'm heading to a Nook tour island right now, and I'll try diving at night as well.

Met Pascal in the water. I think Sahara was scheduled for today.I wonder if Pascal kicked her out, and if it was a scripted one-off, or if they changed the schedules. Anyway, I got a recipe for a mermaid chair. Now to find those pearls..

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure what his deal his.. But Pascal mentioned something about trading scallops for pearls. I found a few more scallops after the initial one.. And I even found a pearl on my own. But Pascal is not where I found him..?

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Met Pascal in the water. I think Sahara was scheduled for today.I wonder if Pascal kicked her out, and if it was a scripted one-off, or if they changed the schedules. Anyway, I got a recipe for a mermaid chair. Now to find those pearls..

I had the shoe seller today and also met Pascal.

11 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I'm not sure what his deal his.. But Pascal mentioned something about trading scallops for pearls. I found a few more scallops after the initial one.. And I even found a pearl on my own. But Pascal is not where I found him..?

From what I've read elsewhere he show up once a day.

And although I'm not 100% sure on this, Pirate Gulliver fights for one of the two spots. So that's six visitors fighting for the two spots a week. One of them is Label.

Edited by Tales

1 minute ago, Tales said:

I had the shoe seller today and also met Pascal.

Yeah, I just found Sahara. Didn't see her earlier, because she's a bit in a weird place. A small hill with no inclines towards it.

1 minute ago, Tales said:

And although I'm not 100% sure on this, Pirate Gulliver fights for one of the two spots. So that's six visitors fighting for the two spots a week. One of them is Label.

Ugh, that would be bad haha. Though I was thinking about it yesterday, and I haven't seen Label all that much actually. I think 4 times max since start of the game. They jusyt mneed to make all visitors random. And include the weekend.

I have Saharah and haven’t seen Pascal yet. Is he in the ocean?

also Cannonball!! Best thing in the game now. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Hard to disagree there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weird 1

8 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I have Saharah and haven’t seen Pascal yet. Is he in the ocean?

He is, you need to find a scallop.

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Hard to disagree there!

I’m actually in tears right now. :laughing::laughing::laughing: 

Anyway, have ordered the Godzilla statue for you and @BowserBasher, will post ‘em tomorrow. :) 

• Thanks 1

Looks like all visitors are no longer guaranteed. There are now 9 visitors fighting for 5 spots each week. You will see the ones you missed one week in the next week plus Wisp.

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, RedShell said:

I’m actually in tears right now. :laughing::laughing::laughing: 

Anyway, have ordered the Godzilla statue for you and @BowserBasher, will post ‘em tomorrow. :) 

You and me both! It was too much for me to take. I needed a moment to compose myself!

Did you not use the "Send as Gift" option? Cuts out the second step.

8 minutes ago, Tales said:

Looks like all visitors are no longer guaranteed. There are now 9 visitors fighting for 5 spots each week. You will see the ones you missed one week in the next week plus Wisp.

Much better.

Does that mean visitors on a Sunday now?

They could still get some to double up, but this is better than the three guaranteed ones I think.

Edited by Ronnie

31 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh poo, no I didn't. Hang on, can you still do that with Nook Miles stuff? :hmm:

38 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Doesn't work for Nook miles items.

Anyway, we were discussing on the discord about having a little Nook mile item catalogue party.. A few of us would order a bunch of stuff, then place it on (I suggest) my market place for catalogueing. I was thinking Sunday, so we would need to order stuff Saturday. We would need to make a list lof things.

@markderoos @BowserBasher @Vileplume2000

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 2