NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Not enough to pull me back in.

Still hoping for some much needed QoL improvements. Not holding my breath, though :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Not enough to pull me back in.

You literally just showed up on my friend notification as booting up AC...

Shenanigans!

• Haha 2

Not enough!!!11 Cool update :smile:

On 23/06/2020 at 6:10 PM, Ronnie said:

I've dropped off the game a fair bit now, still go on every day but just for the daily routine. I've put 300+ hours in according to my Switch clock though so I've most definitely gotten my money's worth (and then some!) but if they want to keep me, and I suspect others on here, around Nintendo really need some kind of content drop, and soon. 

Oh and I'd also like a million quid... :grin:

Edited by Ronnie

I got excited and then... I was disappointed. I want new shops damnit!! 

37 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

You literally just showed up on my friend notification as booting up AC...

Shenanigans!

My sister's boyfriend wanted to know turnip prices :p

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

My sister's boyfriend wanted to know turnip prices :p

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

• Haha 3

That'll be enough to get me through July. Would like to see gyroids in August though..

But I don't want to see a new Gulliver variant if I haven't even seen the normal Gulliver enough..

Anyway, didn't I tell you, @RedShell & @BowserBasher?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

But I don't want to see a new Gulliver variant if I haven't even seen the normal Gulliver enough..

Yeah, it had better not interfere with regular Gulliver and my (already painfully slow) quest to obtain a Lucky cat! :shakehead

Anyway, great to see swimming/diving back. :) 

Glad to see swimming return, always thought it was weird that they cut that ability out. 

I just wish they would give Isabelle and Tom Nook a bit more to do, they should bring Pelly and Nelly back to work in the town hall and give Nook and Isabelle some time off. One dream I've always had for Animal Crossing is for Nook, Blathers et al to be active outdoors more and have their own houses - it would go a long way to making it feel more like a living world.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Glad to see swimming return, always thought it was weird that they cut that ability out. 

I just wish they would give Isabelle and Tom Nook a bit more to do, they should bring Pelly and Nelly back to work in the town hall and give Nook and Isabelle some time off. One dream I've always had for Animal Crossing is for Nook, Blathers et al to be active outdoors more and have their own houses - it would go a long way to making it feel more like a living world.

I love that idea. I'd love more buildings to place so them having their own houses would be so cool. Christ knows they need a break from being behind that counter 24/7! 

39 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Do you mean Pelly and Phylis? 

I like the update, I see many people complaining that this is just stuff that we should have had from the get go, and yes previous games had it,but this new age of DLC and Dragging games out means this is what we get. I actually don’t mind if this is how they introduce things we are still missing. The way I see it is we all moved to a desolated island and have been building it up. We didn’t move to a fully inhabited town where all this is already in place. So getting these things a little later is like we are just expanding our island more. As word gets out more special NPC’s find our island. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Animal Crossing needs less Gulliver, not more. 

He's the only thing in New Horizons that even references Nintendo stuff!

I just want my Ninty room like I've had in every AC game to date...

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Do you mean Pelly and Phylis? 

Phyllis! Of course, I thought I'd got it wrong but Nelly was the only other name I can think of. 

In a way I think I prefer then rolling out content this way, means there should always be something different to look forward to. They just need to keep them coming regularly, with the game selling the way it is there's no reason why they can't continually invest in its development and let the game grow over time. Nintendo's trend for cutting off updates after a while definitely has me worried though, the way they advertised the final Mario Maker update and the final Splatfast and ARMS party crash leads me to believe they'll do similar with New Horizons. 

I suppose the lack of microtransactions in those games meant that profitability falls off a cliff after a while but neither of them have been as big of a hit as Animal Crossing so I think it's possible that they support it beyond the first 12 months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

He's the only thing in New Horizons that even references Nintendo stuff!

I just want my Ninty room like I've had in every AC game to date...

He never shuts up. He's worse than Blathers. 

3 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Animal Crossing needs less Leif.

No, it needs more sloths. I've been robbed of sloths this year, I deserve virtual ones. 

Leif is the equivalent of having no visitors at all. It's the worst day in the week.

11 hours ago, Helmsly said:

So, is it true Isabelle doesn’t inform us if Crazy/Jolly Redd is around? I’ve been assuming she does and not manually checking to see if he’s there all these past weeks. I’m asking because he showed up last week and I happened to see his boat and I could have sworn she didn’t mention it In her intro report thing

Isabelle doesn't mention anything of note. The only thing she'll mention is if there'sa camp visitor. Oh the one exception is that she'll also mention meteor showers, but no idea if she always does, I forgot.

You need to manually check each day what visitor you have.. It's really simple. Redd you can immediately see by checking of your map. Then you head to the plaza to see if the least interesting visitors are visiting, Leif, Label, or Kicks. If not, you got a better visitor. Sahara comes every week, she might be wandering about. Flick or CJ, or Gulliver may be visiting, but they're unlikely to show up if you've had them last week. In fact, on average it usually takes several weeks before they show up again.

Celeste and Wisp are different, in that they are the only visitors who ignore all the general rules. They can show up whenever they feel like it (but to be clear, only at night). Wisp will just be random (though I feel like he shows up once a week, but you need to find him obviously). Celeste can show up whene there's a meteor shower, which can be mentioned by Isabelle. Villagers will also mention if there's likely to be a meteor shower that night. However, Celeste can also show up when there's no meteor shower. There's just a clear night, and you'll have more shooting stars than normal, but not a full on meteor shower. In my experience she shows up a couple times a month.

Then of course there's also the forum. Any visitors who are useful to other players will usually get mentioned here, so that's a good way to Celeste and Redd more often for example. They both get announced a lot here.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Leif is the equivalent of having no visitors at all. It's the worst day in the week.

The bushes don't flower for me, am I missing something.

I'd say he's tied with the shoe salesman, (salesskunk?).

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

The different types are for different seasons. Some will flower now, others later.

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Kicks at least sells stuff that's occasionally interesting. I don't get excited, but at the very least I always check his wares. Leif is the only one I practically completely ignore. I sold my weeds yesterday.. I just had one full slot of 99, got 2000 bells for it. Yippee.

Outside of the three guaranteed visitors, I've only had Label visiting this week. Because tomorrow's Bug-off, K.K. visits today pushing out my last visitor for the week, which would have been C.J., Flickers, Gulliver or Redd :(

The clothing hedgehog is the worst for me. I've yet to buy anything from her, and still she keeps showing up expectantly each week. Take a hint you stupid hog!