NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I only played Lets Go to the City on Wii before. But I have the game installed and ready to play on Friday, maybe this time I'll play the game for more than a week without the monotony of constantly changing game carts which I think was a big part of the Wii game not holding my attention.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 9:26 PM, Hero-of-Time said:

Welcome back, Katie. It's been a while since I seen you visit these parts of the internet.

I'm sure they'll be plenty of N-E Animal Crossing islands for you to pay a visit to. :peace:

Thanks! I know, it's funny coming back and seeing how much everything has changed, still lots of familiar faces though. 

• Thanks 2

My copy has been dispatched, hopefully it arrives on launch day.

Glad to see it's been very well received by critics, only makes me more excited to get my hands on it

I'm still unsure of this. On the one hand it feels like it may be a welcome distraction right now, on the other I've not touched my Switch in a month... I just don't fit gaming into my schedule. 

10 hours ago, killthenet said:

My copy has been dispatched, hopefully it arrives on launch day.

Who did you end up pre-ordering with? 

I pre-ordered with Simply Games, no confirmation email about dispatch yet but the transaction is pending from my bank account... :blank:

Would love for this to arrive tomorrow, but not too fussed either way if it ends up arriving on Saturday or even Monday. In no real rush, because I'm loving the game that I'm playing through at the moment :p

Edited by Julius

We have 3 switches in the house but four people who want to play this. Is there any way to get separate islands with only 3 consoles? Change of memory or anything? Or would I need to buy another switch?

We have 3 switches in the house but four people who want to play this. Is there any way to get separate islands with only 3 consoles? Change of memory or anything? Or would I need to buy another switch?
You could get rid of one of the people instead?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Julius said:

Who did you end up pre-ordering with? 

I pre-ordered with Simply Games, no confirmation email about dispatch yet but the transaction is pending from my bank account... :blank:

Would love for this to arrive tomorrow, but not too fussed either way if it ends up arriving on Saturday or even Monday. In no real rush, because I'm loving the game that I'm playing through at the moment :p

So I got the despatch text literally five minutes after this, which is par for the course with how this week is playing out :laughing:

Unfortunately, no. 3 Switches, 3 islands.
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, londragon said:

Unfortunately, no. 3 Switches, 3 islands.

Well that sucks. I love Nintendo’s games but they really need to sort themselves out with stuff like this...

20 minutes ago, bob said:
33 minutes ago, Esequiel said:

You could get rid of one of the people instead?

Hmmm which kid is my favourite...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Esequiel said:

Well that sucks. I love Nintendo’s games but they really need to sort themselves out with stuff like this...

Ha, yeah, discussion about this got quite heated earlier in this topic...

Let's just say that I agree with you.

1 hour ago, Esequiel said:

Hmmm which kid is my favourite...

In the spirit of Tom Nook; which kid is the most indebted? That's your answer. 

@Julius I ordered from the official Nintendo store, they usually dispatch quite late but still tend to arrive on launch day.

Hell has officially frozen over. I've went with a digital version of a game over a physical copy of it. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hell has officially frozen over. I've went with a digital version of a game over a physical copy of it.

Welcome to the club!  I never download retail games but I got some free money and just thought "What the heck".  Bought loads of eShop credit and downloaded it a few weeks ago.  It's the sort of game that you might want to play at any moment.

Looking forward to midnight! (We do get to play it at midnight, right?)

• Like 1

Could be worse@Hero-of-Time I have genuinely considered picking up the digital version on top of the physical release. Nintendo UK gave me the option to switch my physical to a digital pre order but I wanted a boxed copy too much. Considering it might not turn up on launch picking up a digital copy is getting more and more tempting by the hour.

• Haha 1

Even ignoring the whole COVID 19 thingy, if there's any game you'd want a digital version of in particular? It's Animal Crossing.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You'll appreciate the saved 30-ish seconds of not swapping games for something that's designed to be booted up once a day all year.

Edited by Glen-i

Yeah, I get smaller eShop games digitally, and retail ones physical... except Animal Crossing, that's one I'll want on the console at all times. 

36 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Even ignoring the whole COVID 19 thingy, if there's any game you'd want a digital version of in particular? It's Animal Crossing.

Yep, it's a no brainer in this case. Especially because unlike what is usually the case, the digital version is actually cheaper!

Pack your shit boys and girls, it's time to depart on an adventure tomorrow.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Decided to not get it for at least one or two months.
Too many roguelites I want to play first.

Wish all of you an awesome launch :peace: 

I've also made peace with the fact that I won't hear from my mom for a while... :D 

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned but there's a free item to download for the game on the eShop for NSO subscribers.

• Like 2