NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Happy New Year, you guys! Spent it on this game with my friends in America. Ended up being a right laugh!

• Like 1

Happy New year to you all. Big shout out to @Glen-i, @Sméagol, @Tales, @Ugh first aid, and the rest of you that came over to celebrate. Sorry if I can’t remember who, AC names not always being the same as here. It was a lot of fun and I’m sure everyone enjoyed it. I loved the way the game did the last hour. 
At about 33 minutes to the hour no animals were in the plaza, we were just about to go in to hopefully spawn some when we saw them running to the plaza. Over time a few more turn up and it’s just so full and great. Then the 10 second countdown was just adorable. 
Thanks again to everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Did you get the pointy hats from @Sméagol or anyone, @BowserBasher? Let me know if you still want/ need red and blue!

I haven’t got any yet, I think @Sméagol may have them for me, but I’ll let you know if he’s being mean and doesn’t. 😆 

• Weird 1

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I haven’t got any yet, I think @Sméagol may have them for me, but I’ll let you know if he’s being mean and doesn’t. 😆 

Yeah, I'll visit tonight (or vice versa). Make sure to keep those silk hats ready because I still need those as well! 

• Thanks 1

I only have the blue one! I was a bit peeved because my friends had proper celebrations and my one was absolutely empty and yet we celebrate because I built a bloody bridge! ed365ed134a58210672374c3733d0477.jpg

• Weird 2

Guys, I've bought 100 turnips! I've never done this before but I got them for 9500 bells. What would I be aiming to get for them?

Also, I've started buying art (but I have to be careful in buying fake art) and I've got 5 people on my island with their own houses, a bridge (which I want to make another but I don't know how because the option isn't there anymore), I got an A grade on my house and I still wish I could kick Tom Nook in the face because he's mugging me off!

Also, I was wondering if there was any way in knowing what I have in the museum without going there?

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Guys, I've bought 100 turnips! emoji23.png I've never done this before but I got them for 9500 bells. What would I be aiming to get for them?

Also, I've started buying art (but I have to be careful in buying fake art) and I've got 5 people on my island with their own houses, a bridge (which I want to make another but I don't know how because the option isn't there anymore), I got an A grade on my house and I still wish I could kick Tom Nook in the face because he's mugging me off!

Also, I was wondering if there was any way in knowing what I have in the museum without going there?

Right. Turnips. Check nook store every AM and PM. The prices change at noon. There will be three types of pattern per week. Prices will either go down steadily all week, spike high or low, or you’ll have a roller coaster week. There are a few sites and apps that you can use to track the prices as it’s all set by the price you pay Sunday. it’s not used a lot now but a few of us still use the Turnip prices thread to say when we have a spike. As for selling, sell for more than you bought. Anything above 200 is going to be considered a spike. 

Art is fun and you can spot fakes if you know the original piece. Again look in the trading thread as we post when we have Redd as you can buy from other peoples island when he’s there. 
You should be able to get another bridge by going to your Resident Services and asking Nook. 

On your Nook Phone one of the “apps” is the Critipedia. You can see all the fish and bugs you’ve caught there. If you have donated them, then there will be a small owl stamp next to it too. 

• Like 1

Right. Turnips. Check nook store every AM and PM. The prices change at noon. There will be three types of pattern per week. Prices will either go down steadily all week, spike high or low, or you’ll have a roller coaster week. There are a few sites and apps that you can use to track the prices as it’s all set by the price you pay Sunday. it’s not used a lot now but a few of us still use the Turnip prices thread to say when we have a spike. As for selling, sell for more than you bought. Anything above 200 is going to be considered a spike. 

Art is fun and you can spot fakes if you know the original piece. Again look in the trading thread as we post when we have Redd as you can buy from other peoples island when he’s there. 
You should be able to get another bridge by going to your Resident Services and asking Nook. 

On your Nook Phone one of the “apps” is the Critipedia. You can see all the fish and bugs you’ve caught there. If you have donated them, then there will be a small owl stamp next to it too. 

That was very informative! Thank you!

I bought the turnips for 95 bells each so bought 100 because my American friends were like "be sure to buy them on Sunday". They turned theirs down because they got about 110 bells each on theirs, I think they said. So I'm aiming for about 200 each and I risk whether I sell them for more or less depending on what I get offered?

The art side is pretty funny. I risked a picture of an ocean with waves and Japanese writing on the left of it. Only because the Mona Lisa and the Pearl Earring ones were obvious fakes. Mona Lisa had funky eyebrows and the Pearl Earring one had a square earring. Hopefully I got a real one! Guess I'll find out tomorrow!!

I tried looking in Residential Services but it was taken off as soon as I built it and I can't buy it anywhere else either. It's really weird!

The Critterpedia hint was VERY helpful! I didn't know what I submitted in the museum at all! I love the game but its not very clear sometimes. Is there any way in knowing the art?

@Beast

As you can see we had a thread where people were posting their prices, but at this point it's practically not used anymore. I think @BowserBasher & @Glen-i are the only ones still regularly checking their prices. In the early days it was easy to sell your turnips for over 400 every week. Now you're mostly on your own, and you should sell if you see a price of around 200 in general.

https://forum.n-europe.com/topic/38062-turnip-prices-thread-playing-the-market-in-new-horizons/?page=52

But you can check what trend is happening on your own island here:

https://turnipprophet.io/index.html?

It needs some data first, but can then predict when you get a good price.

If you don't use that link, as a general rule of thumb, sell everything on Friday if you haven't already.

The art you can just google. Google the in-game name, and you'll get a result which shows you what the painting should look like, and what the fakes are.

You can check the pictures and trading thread, unlike turnips, there are still a few of us regularly posting when Redd is in town amongst other things. Redd is one of the few visitors which is useful to other players. That dynamic painting is real by the way, it has no fake. If you also collect fakes, I have some spares if you want. I don't think I have spare real art.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Yeah, you can check your catalogue (on your phone). Art is also listed there. Though it doesn't specify whether it's real or fake. Assuming you actually donate all the real art you get, this will be a complete list of art you have collected.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Beast said:

The art side is pretty funny. I risked a picture of an ocean with waves and Japanese writing on the left of it. Only because the Mona Lisa and the Pearl Earring ones were obvious fakes. Mona Lisa had funky eyebrows and the Pearl Earring one had a square earring. Hopefully I got a real one! Guess I'll find out tomorrow!!

Yup those two are fakes. Just remember sometimes Redd does bring all fakes. I’ve used This Redd guide for best results  if you are on iOS device there’s actually a shortcut that someone made where you just look up the art and it’ll show you pictures using that site. 

It’s Diana’s birthday today. If anyone still needs to come and celebrate for Nook Miles I can open up this evening. 

• Like 1

It’s Diana’s birthday today. If anyone still needs to come and celebrate for Nook Miles I can open up this evening. 
What time around?

Oh and my turnip prices are crap. 54 bells?! Apple definitely don't fall far from the tree. They're exactly like Nook the Crook!

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

What time around?

Oh and my turnip prices are crap. 54 bells?! Apple definitely don't fall far from the tree. They're exactly like Nook the Crook! emoji23.png

Anytime from 6pm onwards usually (UK time). 

That is low. Keep checking though, starting that low you may get a spike. Surely they can’t keep going down all week. 

@Beast and any one else that wants to. I’m opening for around an hour for anyone that wants to come to Diana’s birthday. Bring a present for her. 

[mention=3591]Beast[/mention] and any one else that wants to. I’m opening for around an hour for anyone that wants to come to Diana’s birthday. Bring a present for her. 
Sorry I missed it! Only just opened this!

2 minutes ago, Beast said:
3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:
[mention=3591]Beast[/mention] and any one else that wants to. I’m opening for around an hour for anyone that wants to come to Diana’s birthday. Bring a present for her. 

Sorry I missed it! Only just opened this!

No worries. 

15 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

@Beast and any one else that wants to. I’m opening for around an hour for anyone that wants to come to Diana’s birthday. Bring a present for her. 

Is there a stamp for attending a birthday on another island?

Just now, darksnowman said:

Is there a stamp for attending a birthday on another island?

Yes, well it adds to the attend birthday parties one. 

8 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Yes, well it adds to the attend birthday parties one. 

Ah, gotcha. Forgot about that!

On 1/3/2021 at 1:05 PM, darksnowman said:

@KatieHippeux has moved to my island. Seems like a weirdo. Can you come collect? :idea:

Sorry he's all yours now. Was glad to get rid of him, hoping for our heavily made up frog, Jambette, to go next!

• Sad 1
  • Weird 1

How do you attract more islanders?

I've tarted up my island with coconut trees on the beach and planted flowers, made some cool features and stuff...do they just randomly appear?

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

How do you attract more islanders?

I've tarted up my island with coconut trees on the beach and planted flowers, made some cool features and stuff...do they just randomly appear?

If you keep following Nook's guidance for island development they will come.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darksnowman said:

If you keep following Nook's guidance for island development they will come.

Yup. Just play the game normally and you’ll have a full 10 in no time. Remember this game is supposed to be played over a long period of time. You won’t be “completing” this in a few days. 

• Like 1