NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

This has now become the fastest-selling Nintendo game in Europe in all time. In less than a year, it has sold about 7 million copies meaning that a little more than 1/3 of Switch owners in Europe own hte game.

From NintendoEverything:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons has set the sales charts on fire since its launch a year ago, and the game has now set another record. In an announcement today, it’s revealed that the title is the fastest-selling Nintendo game ever launched in Europe.

Nintendo of Europe president Stephan Bole noted in a statement today:

“We’re truly grateful that Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been embraced by so many players across Europe. Animal Crossing has long been a popular franchise in Europe, and its continued growth is due to the love of our fans for this unique series.”

Nintendo says that over seven million copies of Animal Crossing: New Horizons have been sold in Europe since launch. More than one-third of the twenty million-plus Switch owners in the continent own a copy.

I must admit that I don't fully understand why this is so popular - were the older entries in the games also this popular in Europe, or has the pandemic got anything to do with it? 

I bought the game for my wife because she enjoyed playing it on my DS but she hasn't really touched it after starting the island.

Edited by MindFreak

I think it's fully deserved, fantastic game. Not quite the disaster that some predicted.

48 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

were the older entries in the games also this popular in Europe

The series has always been pretty popular, I think New Leaf sold like 14 million worldwide or something like that.

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

were the older entries in the games also this popular in Europe, or has the pandemic got anything to do with it? 

It’s a little of column A and a little of column B. The games have always been popular, especially with the true fans of it. The pandemic just numbers. It came out at that perfect time when the people who would have got it got it, then all those stuck at home jumped on the bandwagon because of word of mouth. 

Just a heads up that the Nook Points feature has been added to the Animal Crossing section of the Switch online mobile app!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Just a heads up that the Nook Points feature has been added to the Animal Crossing section of the Switch online mobile app!

And there some nice items you can trade the coins for too. 

On 28/03/2021 at 7:05 PM, darksnowman said:

"Look! I dug up an earth egg!"

Here we go again! :shakehead 

At this point, why are you even digging up fossils?

24 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I could say this about any aspect of this game at this point to most people here. :p

Props to everyone for sticking to this game for so long, I found the content and truly new things dried up yonks back.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It’s an easy 15-40,000 bells a day to pay for my turnips on a Sunday. 😂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Grinding the nook miles+ rewards. I usually save them until it pop ups, or if it doesn't I'll just dig 'm up at the end of my session anyway.

Edited by Sméagol

23 hours ago, Glen-i said:

For the daily bells, of course.

29 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

For the daily bells, of course.

I have 19 million bells and nothing to spend them on. The money rock is more than enough to sustain any spending.

I caught the final deep sea-creature i needed for the museum just now:

Ex_VPJ8U4AgDOMk?format=jpg&name=large

Ex_VPJ-VIAAlqtq?format=jpg&name=large

The only stuff left to find is artwork, which is going to take a while lol

• Like 5

On 31/03/2021 at 3:17 PM, Glen-i said:

I have 19 million bells and nothing to spend them on. The money rock is more than enough to sustain any spending.

Sure, I don't doubt it. I remember last year reading that people were making decent bells off selling insects which wasn't something I'd been doing--for me it was shells and fish. It's cool that there are different approaches to how to tackle Animal Crossing. :peace: 

@Helmsly Well done, indeed. That's a nice milestone to accomplish! :cool: 

• Thanks 1

Any E3 hope or expectations for this? Who's holding out for Brewster, Pelly, Phyllis?

I say let's have an expanded island with more levels and more steps and bridges (designs and placeable), the ability to build out to sea off the pier, an expanded perimeter for swimming with some other little islands sprinkled around. And rollercoasters. 

Edited by darksnowman
QoL!

Zero expectations from me. In fact I doubt they are gonna add anything else to the game. 

Well @BowserBasher, your uncle Doug at Nintendo says even though New Horizons was absent from E3, it still remains a big part of Nintendo's future. 

“While we didn’t talk about it [during the E3 Nintendo Direct], we absolutely have plans going forward to ensure the 33 million people who have islands out there have new and fun activities to engage with. Look for more to come.”

Doug Bowser speaking to The Verge.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/17/22537584/nintendo-switch-interview-doug-bowser-e3-2021

:yay: Animal Crossing Direct when?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Well @BowserBasher, your uncle Doug at Nintendo says even though New Horizons was absent from E3, it still remains a big part of Nintendo's future. 

Doug Bowser speaking to The Verge.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/17/22537584/nintendo-switch-interview-doug-bowser-e3-2021

:yay: Animal Crossing Direct when?

Well if we can’t trust Bowser, who can we trust?

This is great news though. I’m guessing the pandemic stopped work on all the additional features. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

I was just coming here to post this too. Good to hear this. 
The replies in that tweet are horrible as always though. People complaining about it and saying it’s only going to be a couple of new items. This is probably the updates that were planned for the second year of the fame but had to be postponed due to COVID and the teams not being able to do as much work on the  game. I’ll be interested to see what we get. 

I've made another collection of footy kits if anyone would like one to wear on their island? 

• Like 1

Any tips on getting Walking Sticks to spawn? I need two more to get the model made but I haven't even spotted one for ages

20 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Any tips on getting Walking Sticks to spawn? I need two more to get the model made but I haven't even spotted one for ages

Not really, no. Just boot up the game at 5pm and carefully check trees, because they're easy to miss.

They're only avalible at 5pm-7pm and at 4am-8am. So the window is quite small.

25 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Not really, no. Just boot up the game at 5pm and carefully check trees, because they're easy to miss.

They're only avalible at 5pm-7pm and at 4am-8am. So the window is quite small.

Thanks Glen, just wondered if I needed to adapt my island to encourage them out more - guess I'll just have to stay patient.

I swear I saw them all the time when I wasn't actively seeking them out...