Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

On 1/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, BowserBasher said:

I just won Animal Crossing. 

I hate them bloody snowmen!! 😂 

• Weird 2

2 hours ago, Beast said:

You'll have to put up with them for a couple more days.

4 hours ago, Beast said:

I’ve pretty much stopped trying with them. I either leave the snowballs where they are or just push them into the river. 

• Like 1

I love my villagers, second week in a row they sent me a real statue I didn't already have  :D

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Couple more birthdays coming up on my island, one on the 25th and another on the 27th. I will open if anyone's up for it! 
(@BowserBasher has his twenty so I'm undecided if he's invited...! :p)

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Couple more birthdays coming up on my island, one on the 25th and another on the 27th. I will open if anyone's up for it! 
(@BowserBasher has his twenty so I'm undecided if he's invited...! :p)

Party crashed then. Lol

also I’m opening gates for a bit. Redd is here. Fake informative statue left and flowery painting. 

• Haha 1

Just got around to checking what insects, fish and sea creatures won't be available once the new month comes, and... I need two sea creatures--a pig and a venus thing. I'll chase some sea shadows later during the footy and hopefully get what I need for the museum! I'm moving some buildings at the moment so the bells from selling already-museumed sea creatures will be appreciated.

Young bamboo came back into season this week; we're getting back to where we started. I'm surprised to discover that it feels kind of sad in a way*. Hard to believe it's been a year--seems like I'm still only getting started with island life.  Well, here's to another! And honestly, what would I do with my time without this daily charade:

Me: Hi Blathers.
Blathers: How may I assist you?
Me: Assess fossils, if you please.
Blathers: Hoo! What would you like me to assess?
Me: THE FOSSILS BLATHERS THE FOSSILS!!

Ahem. Anyway, as I'm getting stuck into the next phase of island "work"--spurred on somewhat by the realisation that I've played the game for so long and done so little--I've noticed for the first time just how flower infested the place has become. :o  I've been running around without really seeing the flowers and now that I'm moving stuff, well, they're a pain to deal with! :laughing: I haven't been going for hybrids; they've just taken over. I can totally sympathise with @Glen-i's struggles a few months ago when he was committing flower genocide. Digging up and selling flowers barely covers the cost of a replacement shovel. LOL. I'm just going to keep some of each type and colour for eventual breeding and stick a fence around them to keep them in check.

Anyone know if you can grow pumpkins from pumpkins? I'm consolidating all my pumpkin patches, and have noticed my whites are all two's. I want three's! If the only way to grow more is from pumpkin starts, I think Leif still carries them, doesn't he? Can't remember if they're seasonal or not.

(*Maybe it feels sad to be drawing close to Bunny Day again...)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Digging up and selling flowers barely covers the cost of a replacement shovel.

Just carry a bin around with you and Chuck them, diy a new shovel. Much better. 

17 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Anyone know if you can grow pumpkins from pumpkins? I'm consolidating all my pumpkin patches, and have noticed my whites are all two's. I want three's! If the only way to grow more is from pumpkin starts, I think Leif still carries them, doesn't he? Can't remember if they're seasonal or not.

Yes you can cause that bloody pain @Sméagol keeps burying them on my island. Also to make sure you get them in batches of three, you need to water them each day they are growing. 

• Thanks 2
  • Weird 1

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Just carry a bin around with you and Chuck them

What is this black magic?

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

4 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Just carry a bin around with you and Chuck them

This has blown my mind lol

4 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Yes you can cause that bloody pain @Sméagol keeps burying them on my island. Also to make sure you get them in batches of three, you need to water them each day they are growing. 

So what you're saying is... if I give you boys best friend status you'll bury free stuff around my island? :idea: 

Haha, love the reactions, @Nicktendo and @Helmsly! Don't you try interacting with every item to see what they do? Give it a go--there are some nice little touches in this game.

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

6 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Just carry a bin around with you and Chuck them, diy a new shovel. Much better. 

Holy crap! How long have you been keeping that life hack to yourself!?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

What is this black magic?

4 hours ago, Helmsly said:

This has blown my mind lol

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Holy crap! How long have you been keeping that life hack to yourself!?

Did people really not know this? Did you even know you could use the bins to throw stuff away? 

3 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Did people really not know this? Did you even know you could use the bins to throw stuff away? 

I knew you can use the dustbins for trash, but taking one with me so I can dump all the flowers I pick up (as I am in the same situation as @darksnowman, my island is overgrown with flowers) has blown my mind because of how smart it is. Before hand I would have been plucking as many of them as I could before running back to the store or nearest bin to get rid of them. It's going to save me a lot of time :)

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

As far as I'm concerned, it's likely due to the fact that I'm just not used to being able to plonk furniture down wherever I like. It still feels foreign to me.

• Weird 1

I have never thought of it either. Then again, I have never attempted to clean my island.

43 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I have never thought of it either. Then again, I have never attempted to clean my island.

The day you clean your island I think you’ll need more than a bin. Maybe a dump truck. 

22 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

The day you clean your island I think you’ll need more than a bin. Maybe a dump truck. 

I don't have one in my catalogue. Can I get one from someone?

• Weird 1

On 01/03/2021 at 7:19 PM, Sméagol said:

I don't have one in my catalogue. Can I get one from someone?

Bins or dump trucks?

I have a ram called Frita at the campsite today. It is dressed as a burger. If anyone wants to try befriending this weirdo I can open up--BYOL... that's bring your own ladder!

5 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Bins or dump trucks?

dump trucks. :laughing:

Maybe I can make one from technics lego.

• Haha 1

Bunny Day was the pandemic of the animal crossing world.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Bunny Day was the pandemic of the animal crossing world.

Well, that can't be true, because it never happened where I was.

Boy, do I wish that was the case in real life.

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Well, that can't be true, because it never happened where I was.

Boy, do I wish that was the case in real life.

You were without WiFi so you were basically Tom Hanks in Castaway and I don't believe it affected that Island either. 

• Haha 1