NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I don’t believe you need to go to that crazy an extent. Mines still 5* and I haven’t really don’t too much. 

No, don’t humour him on his murderous ways of flower killing. Lol

Honestly, the biggest shock would be if yours WASN'T 5* . When she told me my island was 1*, I was like "nobody's forcing you to stay...I like my shithole", lmao.

I've just been recreating movie and TV scenes with my island. I've done Aladdin, BatB (which surrounds my house), Harry Potter, Ghostbusters, Little Mermaid, Avengers and Sleeping Beauty.

I want to go for some horror ones eventually but just did the others for now for fun. I've also planted so many flowers that I'm sure Alan Titchmarsh and Charlie Dimmock would orgasm on the spot. I've got another villager called Kidd and I'm going to a random island tonight for the first time ever, I think, so I hope to find some stuff there too.

Okay so I've done a lot of stuff and managed to get a 2* rating. I rearranged/planted more flowers, gave all the islanders gifts (basically a flower since they all seem to like that and give me stuff in return...the reason I do that now is because I gave Poncho a wrestling mask and he didn't like it to which he was like "thanks anyway"...I wished I sold it now, the ungrateful git! ).

I've made a load of scenes from films using people's custom designs and put their costumes as mannequins and surrounded them with props or floor fittings where possible. I've also created an island where my campsite is and I'm putting a few horror themed stuff on there.

• Like 2

After planting more flowers than a florist and designing a couple of scenes, after having a couple of residents move in and finally paying off my bridge, I got 3* AND KK Slider is playing on my island!

Can't wait to get my pavements!

• Like 2

I have Crazy Redd visiting!! I got the worthy painting, deal of the winter.

I know you guys like to collect these things for display purposes, so I'll keep an eye for a while and if anyone is interested I can open up. The following fakes are available:
- academic painting
- informative statue
- scary painting

Opening my gates for a while as I have a meteor shower going on. Anyone is welcome to come over and wish on some stars. 

There's a birthday on my island today. Does anyone want to visit for that? I'm just doing the rounds quickly at the moment but I can open up later in the day if you want.

3 hours ago, darksnowman said:

There's a birthday on my island today. Does anyone want to visit for that? I'm just doing the rounds quickly at the moment but I can open up later in the day if you want.

I probably wouldn't mind a visit tonight after checking on KK.

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

I probably wouldn't mind a visit tonight after checking on KK.

No worries! I'll check back this evening and let you know when the gates are open.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

No worries! I'll check back this evening and let you know when the gates are open.

Me too. Think I still need a few more for that nook mile task

4 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Me too. Think I still need a few more for that nook mile task

Yeah, mentioning it as you put me onto birthdays counting towards a stamp!

Gates are flung open at the moment if you and @Sméagol or anyone want to come? The house to visit is the one in the very bottom right corner. Gwen, if you are navigating by map.

12 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Yeah, mentioning it as you put me onto birthdays counting towards a stamp!

Gates are flung open at the moment if you and @Sméagol or anyone want to come? The house to visit is the one in the very bottom right corner. Gwen, if you are navigating by map.

I'll be there in a few minutes. What's the interior like of the birthday animal? What colours should I go for etc.

17 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I'll be there in a few minutes. What's the interior like of the birthday animal? What colours should I go for etc.

It's a penguin. The interior is all the ice stuff that we are getting recipes for at the moment. I just gave her a doll that another animal sent me in the post today. :laughing: 

13 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

It's a penguin. The interior is all the ice stuff that we are getting recipes for at the moment. I just gave her a doll that another animal sent me in the post today. :laughing: 

Ah crap, I sold all the ice stuff I had, though I could make some more, or get something else. Hmm. 

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Ah crap, I sold all the ice stuff I had, though I could make some more, or get something else. Hmm. 

When you said you had the present wrapped, does it endear you more to the animal if wrapping paper is used? And did you find Celeste before you left? I wished on some stars too but didn't come across her.

6 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

When you said you had the present wrapped, does it endear you more to the animal if wrapping paper is used? And did you find Celeste before you left? I wished on some stars too but didn't come across her.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter if it's on someone else's island, as you don't have a friendship level with villagers from another island (I think?). But yeah, certainly do wrap gifts for villagers on your own island, it gives more points. I wrapped it anyway out of habit / roleplaying.

And no, didn't find Celeste. Didn't search elaborately, but I assume she isn't there. I was simply wondering if she might be, as you had a light meteor shower.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the present wrapping tip, @Sméagol. I'll be doing that from now on! And no hard feelings @BowserBasher--life happens! Since I now know birthdays contribute towards a stamp, I will post about more as they come up. I checked the stamps requirements and I'm a long way off completing a lot of them, and there are some gaps for stamps I haven't discovered yet! I'm going to start to actively try to tick some of them off from now on... starting with getting items from deep sea diving for which I need one thousand for the next milestone. :o  Well, at least the shop has an expensive item I need so I'll grind deep sea creatures for bells, and then use any left over bells to send letters to animals...!

I have Hippeux out already (just saying, @Katie) with a blue cat from the campsite incoming. What luck! Also, Tutu (a big white bear, one of the first to come to my island) asked if she could leave and I said yes. :grin: I don't have photos for these islanders but I enjoy the rotation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice. What I’m getting from that is new dancing emotes and might be looking too much into it but are we gonna get some Mario  themed items/update in March with the two Mario icons on that announcement. 

content-4-36426-animalcrossingfestivaleupdatebanner.jpg

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Free Update arrives this week

Now up on the main page.

Full press release and video embed. :peace:

• Like 2

Not sure what the point of it is, since you can just catalogue them from other people I think. Sort of cool though.

Edited by Sméagol

5 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Nice. What I’m getting from that is new dancing emotes and might be looking too much into it but are we gonna get some Mario  themed items/update in March with the two Mario icons on that announcement. 

Yeah I think Nintendo said as much as part of Mario's 35th celebration

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Yeah I think Nintendo said as much as part of Mario's 35th celebration

But it's Mario's 36th Anniversary this year.

2 hours ago, Londragon said:

But it's Mario's 36th Anniversary this year.

Nintendo always does things by financial years.

• Like 1