NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Sorry @Glen-i, never make any concrete plans, so never signed up for this, which was good as I got online at 22:00 CET today (in fact, I was hoping to go to the cinema again, but even that didn't pan out). Looks like you were still busy at that moment, but I needed to do my own stuff too and didn't know how much time I'd need.

Anyway, Halloween event was fun. It was simply not tedious, unlike some other events.

ElvEM0_VMAEzCZi?format=jpg&name=large

Halloween Party was hectic. From left to right: @Nicktendo, @BowserBasher, me, one of my non N-E friends who crashed the party, @Dcubed and @RedShell

Anyway, at the start I asked the three people who weren't tardy to the Party to vote for their favourite costume.

ElvDw6GVMAAhNZj?format=jpg&name=large

Welp, that was a waste of time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Finally got the best one as well!

Thought Alfonso was already on your Island? ;)

Just now, RedShell said:

Thought Alfonso was already on your Island? ;)

He was, until they removed the Mario Shirt he used to have in New Horizons.

He still has "Itsa me" as his catchphrase though...

Nintendo listened. WE. CAN. SIT. DOWN. OUTSIDE!!!

This looks like some fun little additions to the game. Loving the look or Turkey Day and Toy Day. 

• Like 1

I love how many little things they add with each update as well as the events.

I also can’t wait for it to start snowing!

content-4-36378-animalcrossingnewhorizonswinterupdateandsavedatatransferbanner.jpg

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Winter Update and Save Data Transfer Details

Up on the main page. :D

- - - - -

It's nice to see Nintendo rolling out these seasonal updates, and about time on the Save Data Transfer capability.

• Like 1

Just a heads up for anyone that has to manually update their games, the new update is now live.

Patch notes:

General

• Seasonal events (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve) have been added.
    • At the information center, you can now request an extension work to increase the storage capacity of your home.
    • Added “Omakase” to randomly select a destination for the dream visit of “Yumemi”.
    • Added the function to move the save data to another main unit.
      • It is a function to move only the save data of “Animal Crossing: New Year’s Forest”. Separately, if necessary, please “move the user” of Nintendo Switch.
    • The following elements have been added.
      • Raccoon mileage exchange prize
      • Seasonal raccoon shopping items
      • DIY recipes for seasonal ingredients
      • Collaboration item with “Animal Crossing Pocket Camp

Bug Fixes

• We have made adjustments and fixed bugs so that you can play the game comfortably.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 3

Well sitting is my new favourite thing ever. I can see many many photos being taken using that. 
Well done Nintendo only you could make sitting down in a game the best. 

8 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Added “Omakase” to randomly select a destination for the dream visit of “Yumemi”.

Finally!!

My first random dream didn’t disappoint either, was a really nicely designed island and all of its villagers had hilariously inappropriate custom phrases. :laughing: 

Turkey Day today:

EnwVhGDVoAAT0-5?format=jpg&name=large

EnwVhGQUcAES6dU?format=jpg&name=large

EnwVhGVUYActS3V?format=jpg&name=large

And just a heads up, once you've helped prepared all 4 meals you can add stuff to them. If you talk to villagers they'll tell you what extra things Franklin can use, or in my case I just looked up a guide that listed them all lol

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Helmsly said:

If you talk to villagers they'll tell you what extra things Franklin can use, or in my case I just looked up a guide that listed them all lol

I think I lucked out on that part. Before I had done the first part, two of my villagers had told me two of the extra recipes (which I had the items for) and I had got the other two special items whilst diving for a muscle without knowing they were for it (glad I didn’t sell them). So Franklin just said give me those things, yum yum and I was done. Lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Wahey, another holiday I miss out on because of lockdown...

Usually it's the other way around (?)

Anyway, it was fun. Just like the Halloween holiday, nothing too tedious. Seems like they're learning somewhat from past events.. Apart from the plethora of autumn stuff to find and to build. I was thinking it would be a lot of inventory management, but it was fine. The villagers mostly asked for common stuff, or sometimes even stuff you already caught for a previous request. Dungeon crab took the most time, I had to circle a few times around my island for that one. But ther rest was easy. Think they upped the spawnrate too, and the chance rate for the stuff you need as well. Also found 3 pearls while diving for other stuff.

Anyway, I didn't want to give him my mushrooms (i'm way behind collecting mushrooms, I only started collecting them a few days ago..), so I took longer than I could have.. I traded a bunch of times, and caught some ofd the stuff I needed (and tried to look out for balloons in the meantime, another thing I'm behind on, and I only have a few days left..).

One of the recipes you get is excellent for displaying small museum statues or fish /bug models by the way.

• Like 2

The Nintendo switch app has been updated (as they mentioned in the Winter update video) allowing you to order stuff on it from Nook:

• Thanks 2

Now if I could only order more than 5 items per day. It really hampers redecorating a room when you can’t do it all in a day. 

• Like 1

Only had a very quick look at the app, but I don’t think you can place Nook orders on it, it’s just to see what items are already in your catalog.

For me this just makes the fact that there’s no quick visual indication for what you already own in-game all the more annoying. All of that data is being tracked so why the hell not present that useful information to the player in a straightforward way? ::shrug: We shouldn’t have to open up and scroll through an ever expanding item list (either in-game or on an app) just to check if something has already been purchased before. 

I hardly even bother to visit the shop anymore as a result of that design oversight. :hmm: