NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

11 minutes ago, Grazza said:

I managed to get some really good models this month.  Earlier on I got the Giraffe Stag and Whale Shark, but for the 2nd half of the month, I chose my favourite, the Horned Hercules.    

C.J. visited yesterday and I decided it was time to get my first river fish, the Arapaima.

What a coincidence, those are also my most recent additions! :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daftada said:

Completed my first batch of 20/21 footy shirts if anyone is interested?

Very cool, they look great! Can’t wait for you to make one for Ajax! ;)

• Like 1

Game updated to 1.4.1 this morning. I’m guessing bug fixes. Haven’t seen any news in what’s been done. 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Game updated to 1.4.1 this morning. I’m guessing bug fixes. Haven’t seen any news in what’s been done. 

There were some issues with the dream island mechanic and some hacking shenanigans which made it possible to grow anything (like star fragments) on money trees by using external software

• Thanks 1

Unless it's raining when I start the game up I water my flowers every day. I was almost done with my watering earlier when it started to rain so I thought 'Fuck it' and decided to do the rest anyway - my watering can was about worn out so I thought I would just carry on until it broke. Weirdly though it didn't break, I watered for a solid five minutes before giving up and shutting the game down. Just now I thought I'd try and wear it out again but after ages of constant use it still hasn't broken! Have I figured out some weird glitch, where using a watering can while it's raining imbues the can with immortality? Anyone else encountered this? I usually end up using 4 or 5 watering cans a day so if it is unbreakable then it'll definitely save me some time and resources, will see how long it lasts me tomorrow.

Unless it's raining when I start the game up I water my flowers every day. I was almost done with my watering earlier when it started to rain so I thought 'Fuck it' and decided to do the rest anyway - my watering can was about worn out so I thought I would just carry on until it broke. Weirdly though it didn't break, I watered for a solid five minutes before giving up and shutting the game down. Just now I thought I'd try and wear it out again but after ages of constant use it still hasn't broken! Have I figured out some weird glitch, where using a watering can while it's raining imbues the can with immortality? Anyone else encountered this? I usually end up using 4 or 5 watering cans a day so if it is unbreakable then it'll definitely save me some time and resources, will see how long it lasts me tomorrow.

All tools have a certain amount of durability, and there are certain actions that will make them lose durability and some that don't. As for the watering can, you don't spend a durability point if what you're watering is already watered.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/248082-animal-crossing-new-horizons/78541133

Edited by Tales
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tales said:

As for the watering can, you don't spend a durability point if what you're watering is already watered.

Interesting! Didn't know that

Thanks @Tales. I assumed it was something like that but I don't know much about the specifics of durability, just knew roughly how long a single can lasts me. 

My flowers are completely wild, it takes me so long to water them every day but I keep putting off digging them up and replanting them in more manageable groups. I really should look into germination of rare flowers too, start doing more than just letting them run amok.

On 06/05/2020 at 7:28 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Animal Crossing fans doing what Nintendo won't and have created a Nintendo Direct showing off QoL improvements.

Everyone of those QoL updates is something I've wanted in the game. :( 

They made new update video

• Like 1

4 hours ago, killthenet said:

Thanks @Tales. I assumed it was something like that but I don't know much about the specifics of durability, just knew roughly how long a single can lasts me. 

My flowers are completely wild, it takes me so long to water them every day but I keep putting off digging them up and replanting them in more manageable groups. I really should look into germination of rare flowers too, start doing more than just letting them run amok.

Just making sure, you're only watering flowers with at least one empty space around them right? There's no point in watering a meadow.

Edited by Tales

2 hours ago, Helmsly said:

They made new update video

First I do enjoy these. Some of the stuff in them would be nice to have but then some of the ideas seem redundant or not feasible. One I know is silly was the changing airport colour as this is set on what your island is. It determines the colour of your nook miles items and things like that. So I don’t see that ever happening. The transitions from room to room would be nice but again I’m sure if Nintendo could make them faster they would, there must be a reason it’s how it is. 
Not sure I like the whole terraforming and placing of items when people are over, I can see that just becoming messy. it seemed with the shop they were suggesting you could open your gates then close your game, it’s a nice idea but the way the game works it wouldn’t happen. Same with the visitors entering and the whole cutscene. It’s how the game works. 
Picking up items whilst holding Y. Well how is that quicker then what we do now? Just seems redundant. I know I’m nitpicking and I do love the detail they put in the videos but some of the ideas just don’t seem needed to me. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

First I do enjoy these. Some of the stuff in them would be nice to have but then some of the ideas seem redundant or not feasible. One I know is silly was the changing airport colour as this is set on what your island is. It determines the colour of your nook miles items and things like that. So I don’t see that ever happening. The transitions from room to room would be nice but again I’m sure if Nintendo could make them faster they would, there must be a reason it’s how it is. 
Not sure I like the whole terraforming and placing of items when people are over, I can see that just becoming messy. it seemed with the shop they were suggesting you could open your gates then close your game, it’s a nice idea but the way the game works it wouldn’t happen. Same with the visitors entering and the whole cutscene. It’s how the game works. 
Picking up items whilst holding Y. Well how is that quicker then what we do now? Just seems redundant. I know I’m nitpicking and I do love the detail they put in the videos but some of the ideas just don’t seem needed to me. 

Yeah I think you're right. I enjoy these ideas and there are a lot of them I really like but I think with this one I wouldn't actually want half of the implemented. Such and Terraforming when people are over. I do love how well made his videos are though. I noticed this during the video:

DVsJs1y.png

• Like 1

Oh lord, the Bug-Off is on today, but one of my residents has just moved out and I have to go island hopping to find my fourth crocodilian villager before Nook decides to replace that villager with Olivia...

Might as well nuke the island if she moves in...

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Oh lord, the Bug-Off is on today, but one of my residents has just moved out and I have to go island hopping to find my fourth crocodilian villager before Nook decides to replace that villager with Olivia...

Might as well nuke the island if she moves in...

I feel for you, i missed on day of AC which was the day I should’ve done island hopping.

Instead I got Pietro the abominable clown sheep as my new villager...

Did I literally get the same leopard villager two islands in a row!?

Wow...

In more horrifying news, Olivia was on one of the islands I visited.

She's closing in on me!

EDIT: Screw it! After 100 tickets, I settled for Sterling. Eagle Knight is way too cool to pass up.

There's only 7 crocodilians anyway, so I'm gonna have to have three non-reptiles anyway, I think I'll go with Cranston, Sterling and a Kangaroo.

Edited by Glen-i

.. For fuck's sake. Totally forgot about the bug-off.. <sigh>

Edit: Which means KK isn't here either. Nothing to do for me right now!

Edited by Sméagol

If KK isn’t here today cause of the Bug Off and tomorrow is the last Fireworks show, does that mean no KK this week?

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

If KK isn’t here today cause of the Bug Off and tomorrow is the last Fireworks show, does that mean no KK this week?

Huh you’re right. I can’t remember what caused  it to happen in the past but I’m sure KK slider showed up a day early the last time two things happened over the weekend, but it didn’t happen this time. I assume he shows up on Monday?

9 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Huh you’re right. I can’t remember what caused  it to happen in the past but I’m sure KK slider showed up a day early the last time two things happened over the weekend, but it didn’t happen this time. I assume he shows up on Monday?

They changed it as it meant people missed out on a weekday visitor, so I don’t think he’ll be here Monday. Guess we just completely miss him this week. 

@BowserBasher lightly nudged me to the fact that it's been a while since we've done this. So it's time for an N-Europe PARTAY!

Time: Friday 8pm

Island Venue: Capim Town

Party Goers: 

@Glen-i (Island provider and Party Host)

@BowserBasher

I haven't used my island to host a partay since I painstakingly terraformed everything, so I'm doing it this time.

I haven't actually thought of a dress code yet. So feel free to spitball some ideas and I'll pick one I like.

6 spaces open, first-come, first-served basis. If you're not certain you can make it, feel free to put yourself down as a maybe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

@BowserBasher lightly nudged me to the fact that it's been a while since we've done this. So it's time for an N-Europe PARTAY!

Time: Friday 8pm

Island Venue: Capim Town

Party Goers: 

@Glen-i (Island provider and Party Host)

@BowserBasher

I haven't used my island to host a partay since I painstakingly terraformed everything, so I'm doing it this time.

I haven't actually thought of a dress code yet. So feel free to spitball some ideas and I'll pick one I like.

6 spaces open, first-come, first-served basis. If you're not certain you can make it, feel free to put yourself down as a maybe.

Put me down as a maybe!

• Thanks 1