NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, @Aneres11, I have 200,000+ as well.

I think you might be the weird one here.

Wow. So many show offs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 2

19 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Wow. So many show offs!

You can't complain, you were the one who asked!

I'm in the process of trying to collect all the models that are bigger than 1x1.  I believe it's just these eleven, but of course I'd welcome more:

Bugs

• 2x2 - Queen Alexandra's Birdwing
  • 2x2 - Atlas Moth
  • 2x2 - Banded Dragonfly
  • 2x1 - Horned Hercules
  • 2x1 - Giraffe Stag
  • 2x1 - Goliath Beetle

Fish

• 2x1 - Great White Shark
  • 2x1 - Whale Shark
  • 2x1 - Ocean Sunfish
  • 2x1 - Oarfish
  • 2x1 - Arapaima

The first July beetle I was ready to request a model for was the Giraffe Stag:

I was really keen, however, to get the Whale Shark model, and yesterday I had a visit from C.J.  This and the Great White Shark are my two favourites so far.  What a great model!

• Like 4

Love the Whale Shark too. I requested the Goliath Beetle last time Flick was here. It’s an awesome model. 

• Like 1

I have the Atlas Moth, Queen Alexandra and Goliath from that list of larger model bugs and the ocean sunfish, oarfish, great white and whale shark from the fish list. Also a bunch of the smaller ones like the snapping turtle, mole cricket, peacock butterfly, golden trout, loach.

I’m a bit disappointed that there’s no way to get sea creature collectibles (from Pascal for instance)

11 minutes ago, viceview51 said:

Just joined the fray... Are there any tips on how to go about this?

There's no right way to play this. And, contrary to what others might tell you, there's also no wrong way to play it.

Just do what you feel like doing :)

And in case you want to "minmax" (i.e. make lots of money in a week) get into the turnip market. It's quite easy to sell these things for an insane amount on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, viceview51 said:

Just joined the fray... Are there any tips on how to go about this?

If you dig up 1,000 bells, rebury it in the same shining spot and you'll get a money tree within days which will get you at least three times the amount of bells each day.

Burying larger amounts of up to around 10,000 bells should get you more, I've not tried anything beyond this but it seems to work quite well.

Try not to place trees too close together, or they won't grow.

Tools break frequently, gather plenty of materials and be prepared for your tools to break as you were just about finished (but not quite) with using them, so long as you have enough materials though, you'll always be able to make more easily enough.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Burying larger amounts of up to around 10,000 bells should get you more, I've not tried anything beyond this but it seems to work quite well.

To add to this, yes burying more than 10,000 does work but the odds go down on your return. You can bury 99,000 and get three bags of 99,000 back but it’s not guaranteed. 

other than that, play how you want, fish, bugs, shells and sea creatures are going to be you source of income until you get a good return on the stalk market (turnips) so catch and sell a lot (just remember the first one always goes to Blathers). You’ll have to get your town to 3* before you can use terraforming, but that isn’t the hardest to do. 

• Thanks 1

Fish for sharks, they make great money. Early game is all about the money (if you want to progress fast). Or you can take your sweet time discovering all the small stuff and hidden mechanics and quirks this game has to offer.

If you want to enjoy this for let’s say a month/max 100 hours, focus on progress and speed by earning money as fast as possible (sharks, turnips, rare bugs, money trees)

If you’re in it for the long run: just experience it how it comes your way and don’t follow any of the tips ;)

• Thanks 1

Also remember this plays in real time and bugs and fish are seasonal. So to complete the museum exhibits for those you will need to play for at least a whole year. That’s if you don’t time travel. There’s so much to do that if you don’t burn out within a month you should be able to put a lot of time into it. Nintendo have also said they will be adding updates for at least a year or two. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for the tips. @markderoos what's "fish for sharks"... Oh, you mean fishing - for a moment I thought it was using small fish as bait. 😅

I've just got the house upgrade and managed to donate all that's needed to open the museum. Next step is to find 30 iron nuggets for the shop - I'm guessing the ticket may be of help since I can only collect a very small amount every day. My island is located in the Southern Hemisphere so it's Winter and the main fruit are cherries.

Now that I think of it, all of these mechanics could've been in Breath of the Wild.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, viceview51 said:

Next step is to find 30 iron nuggets for the shop - I'm guessing the ticket may be of help since I can only collect a very small amount every day.

Yeah give it a couple of weeks and you’ll be swimming in iron nuggets that you’ll just start selling them. If you really don’t want to wait I have an abundance of them I can give you. 

• Thanks 1

@Tales Thanks for the painting! I didn't go to @BowserBasher as I was open myself at the time, and watching something on Netflix.

@Glen-i I need to check, but I think I have spare cancer fragments for you (doesn't that sound ominous). I actually didn't get any at all with last heavy shower, but I still had a few in storage, but not sure if I have enough. This is because, and I believe I mentioned this theory to @RedShell, star fragments stop spawning past a certain time in my experience. Somewhere in the evening, I assume 18:00, apart from a few default ones. This can screw me over of I start the game late the day after a meteor shower, and it's not the first time.

Some data:

The heavy meteor shower from last week: I was up for a few hours, doing something else, but with the Switch ion tabletop mode, and me just pressing 'A' whenever I saw something shiny on screen. The day after I started the game around 17:00, did my routines, but didn't wait for them to respawn.

Result: 16 regular star fragments, and 3 large ones.

Yesterday I had a light shower.Stayed up a bit as well, while I was open for my market, trying to catch some stars as well. Got several before I went to bed. Not anywhere close to the number from last week. However, I got up early today.

Result: 18 regular star fragments, 2 large ones, and 2 new zodiac ones.

Conclusion: don't wait to collect your star fragments.

Also I mentioned "default" star fragments, I think the game will still generate star fragments on start-up even if you start in the evening, those will be lying on the beach already when you start, but no more will respawn after that, even if normally they would have (i.e. you made enough wishes). There's also the lone default star fragment you get if you had shooting stars, but didn't make any wishes at all. You still get one. At least I had one appear one day, the day after I saw a few shooting stars but certainly didn't make any wishes.

And another thing, I find it useful to stop whatever I'm doing for exactly one minute, whenever I notice a shooting star. There will always be several, and they all happen in the same minute. In a heavy meteor shower you may get several minutes in succession that will spawn shooting stars, but in a light shower (any clear night), it will be just one minute once in a while. So once the minute has passed, you can continue.

There's a max number of fragments that will spawn however, so they stop spawning at some point regardless of how many wishes you made.

Finally a note about Label.. Yesterday was the first time I "messed up" the outfit. She wasn't totally convinced, and I didn't get any Label clothing item, and therefore no new unlock. I'm pretty sure I haven't unlocked everything yet, so I guess this mean that if you fail her challenge, you get a lesser reward. I also only got one tailor ticket today, and I usually got 2 I believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Sméagol said:

@Tales Thanks for the painting! I didn't go to @BowserBasher as I was open myself at the time, and watching something on Netflix.

@RedShell

And another thing, I find it useful to stop whatever I'm doing for exactly one minute, whenever I notice a shooting star. There will always be several, and they all happen in the same minute. In a heavy meteor shower you may get several minutes in succession that will spawn shooting stars, but in a light shower (any clear night), it will be just one minute once in a while. So once the minute has passed, you can continue.

There's a max number of fragments that will spawn however, so they stop spawning at some point regardless of how many wishes you made.

Finally a note about Label.. Yesterday was the first time I "messed up" the outfit. She wasn't totally convinced, and I didn't get any Label clothing item, and therefore no new unlock. I'm pretty sure I haven't unlocked everything yet, so I guess this mean that if you fail her challenge, you get a lesser reward. I also only got one tailor ticket today, and I usually got 2 I believe.

During light showers there should be exactly five stars in a given minute.

I used this site below to predict my weather pattern. If you navigate to coming Monday(click on July or the tab Monthly) you'll see exactly when and how many shooting stars there will be. I f anyone wants to grind leo or star fragments let me now.

https://wuffs.org/acnh/weather/?v1&Anyisle&1684711809&N

• Thanks 1

Dream feature is nice, especially now that islands can look significantly different. 

Fireworks using your own custom patterns is cool too. 

Was any of that in the leak? First I’ve heard of either feature. 

6 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Yeah that looks awesome.

EeA909xUMAIhrIb?format=png&name=small

Good news. Not much information on the site right now though: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/How-to-Back-Up-and-Restore-Island-Save-Data-Animal-Crossing-New-Horizons--1818137.html

Awesome. Had a big scare this morning. Game was loading for 40+ minutes. Eventually I gave up shut down the game. Thankfully nothing was lost.

But reading the link you posted, it says console failure, loss or theft. Simple corrupted data doesn't count?

On 28/07/2020 at 3:38 PM, Glen-i said:

Awww... @RedShell. You got me all excited for a feature that was already in New Leaf...

Actually, it turns out we got excited for a feature that was better in New Leaf! :( 
Yep, looks like Nintendo dropped the ball with dream suite this time... you can’t do random dreams anymore. :hmm: 

On a positive note to the new update, they’ve patched in a way to hide the info display when using photo mode by clicking in the control stick. :cool: 

Edited by RedShell

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

you can’t do random dreams anymore. :hmm: 

As expected.

362177.jpg?b64lines=IE9oLCB3b24ndCBzb21lYm9keSBwbGVhc2UKIHRoaW5rIG9mIHRoZSBjaGlsZHJlbj8g

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

On a positive note to the new update, they’ve patched in a way to hide the info display when using photo mode by clicking in the control stick

Me likey. Very simple too. 

Im sure people will miss this but the backup feature can be found on the settings when you are on the title screen. Just press - and you can have Nook set it up for you. 

I managed to get some really good models this month.  Earlier on I got the Giraffe Stag and Whale Shark, but for the 2nd half of the month, I chose my favourite, the Horned Hercules.    

C.J. visited yesterday and I decided it was time to get my first river fish, the Arapaima.

• Like 2