NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

The fishing tourney is fucking shit.

Can't believe they didn't change anything at all in any of the updates and patches, and after the complaints.

38 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

The fishing tourney is fucking shit.

Can't believe they didn't change anything at all in any of the updates and patches, and after the complaints.

I don’t like it either. It takes way too long to get all the different prices let alone going for the gold medal. Bug tournament is balanced out far better.

Edited by markderoos

Some suggestions":

• Remove the 3 minute time limits. Let us fish all day and check the total at the end.
  • Have all the options available within one dialogue. Checking points and swapping, selling fish etc.
  • Set the limit for the fish container to something large, like 500.
  • (Have a pricier entry fee to compensate)
  • (Plus, now he's here anyway, allow us to sell fish not caught in the tourney)
  • (Plus, have bait at the fucking shop, I do not want to craft it)
  • (18:00 is a shit end time. Give us until 22:00 or something)

I'm not even really bothered by the number of fish you have to catch.. I've done all nighters where I probably fished that many anyway.. it's the fucking 3 minute time limit, having to keep going back to him after those 3 minutes, than having to initiate 3 LENGTHY conversations just to continue the tournement.

At the very least they had the decency to remove trash from the equation,and not have your fishing rod break down in the middle of those 3 minutes.

I've finally hit the 200 points, after 2 hours.. I need a break. Can't believe this is taking most of the afternoon.

Also, some points did carry over from last time.. though I suspect they don't count for the actualy tournement, but they did count for getting items.

• Like 1

You can sell him fish not caught in the tournament.

Also the points tally carried over from the last one so don't push yourself unless you really want to do it in one day.

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

You can sell him fish not caught in the tournament.

Also the points tally carried over from the last one so don't push yourself unless you really want to do it in one day.

Are you sure this counts for the prizes as well? I forgot how many had last time, but I'm pretty sure it didn't add up for the 100 I needed for bronze earlier.. I should have have achieved that in no time, especially as I used up all the bait I had in storage. Didn't get to bronze last time, but I still had a bunch of points.

Also, not sure if I want to do this ever again, so I think I do want to do this in one day.. Do you get all 3 prizes in one go?

And does he buy them after 18:00? I forgot. He doesn't give me the option right now in any case.

1 minute ago, Sméagol said:

Are you sure this counts for the prizes as well? I forgot how many had last time, but I'm pretty sure it didn't add up for the 100 I needed for bronze earlier.. I should have have achieved that in no time, especially as I used up all the bait I had in storage. Didn't get to bronze last time, but I still had a bunch of points.

Also, not sure if I want to do this ever again, so I think I do want to do this in one day.. Do you get all 3 prizes in one go?

And does he buy them after 18:00? I forgot. He doesn't give me the option right now in any case.

The prizes are randomised I think. You can get all 3 trophies as long as you get the points.

He told he I had 200 points and I didn't have that many last time.

I'm not sure after 6, Flick didn't if I recall correctly. To sell fish it's under the something else option, I've already sold him random fish I caught today.

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

The prizes are randomised I think. You can get all 3 trophies as long as you get the points.

He told he I had 200 points and I didn't have that many last time.

I'm not sure after 6, Flick didn't if I recall correctly. To sell fish it's under the something else option, I've already sold him random fish I caught today.

Yeah but I assume you already caught some fish then?

I had 5 points carry over, but I used some points to get a few items last time. So I should have hit that 100 point goal a lot quicker if all points from last time counted, but it still took almost an hour I think.. Pretty sure they don't count for the trophies.

They were extra fish I caught after the timer ended.

I only had 61 points to cash for prizes but he told me I had over 200 points and was going to send the trophy in the post.

It goes a lot quicker if you have friends helping out as well. Unlike the Bug-off. The fish spawn rate isn't lowered by friends visiting.

I finished it last time. Only played one game to complete the Nook miles thing. Not doing more than that for the next ones as well.

Few weeks ago my nan broke her arm so I went to hers for a few days to help and that broke my streak but since then I've only played a few days. In fairness I had pretty much finished and was just rearranging the island but it still feels good to have broken the habit a bit.

SlightSleepyBunting-size_restricted.gif

I have to say, I'm still not benefiting from the improved visitor calculation for update 1.3.0.  Does the Fishing Tourney count as a visit from C.J., and the Bug-Off count as a visit from Flick?  They shouldn't do as they won't make you a model!  I'm not seeing them much otherwise.

Is anyone else racking up the Nook miles now? I have over 30,000 on each island as there is nothing I actually need from there anymore as I have the majority of items that are on offer. 

It is good to have a build up for NMT whenever an islander leaves and you want a replacement, but they could really do with adding in some more redeemable items now. 

Grumble grumble. 

1 minute ago, Aneres11 said:

Is anyone else racking up the Nook miles now? I have over 30,000 on each island as there is nothing I actually need from there anymore as I have the majority of items that are on offer. 

It is good to have a build up for NMT whenever an islander leaves and you want a replacement, but they could really do with adding in some more redeemable items now. 

Grumble grumble. 

I have 200000+

I didn't get all the items yet, since they were not going anywhere and I simply don't like some of them for display, like the Godzilla. I also don't actually have the storage for them. :p I'll get them eventually simply for the catalogue, but I'm not in a hurry. Haven't gone to a lot of islands recently either.

10 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

I have 200000+

I didn't get all the items yet, since they were not going anywhere and I simply don't like some of them for display, like the Godzilla. I also don't actually have the storage for them. :p I'll get them eventually simply for the catalogue, but I'm not in a hurry. Haven't gone to a lot of islands recently either.

Christ I thought I had a lot. You are a hoarder though. ;)

15 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Christ I thought I had a lot. You are a hoarder though. ;)

Well, yeah, but as I explained above, I got so many points because I did the opposite for the nook rewards. I haven't gotten most of them, I even still have some DIY recipes to collect. I don't want to build the robot, and I think I even can't build it anyway, so I didn't get it yet. The simple well was another one I didn't need, as I liked the other well better, and have no place for it on my island.

Have you actively played every day? Because that's what I did, haven't missed a single one yet.. So that's why I have that many points. Getting all those Nook(+) achievements. You get a lot for maxing out an achievement.

Edited by Sméagol

33 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Grumble grumble. 

As you can see from my last Nook Mile achievement I have a lot too. Got all the fences (we need more) but half the other stuff you get with NM I just haven’t bothered about for now. So I’m just sitting on them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Well, yeah, but as I explained above, I got so many points because I did the opposite for the nook rewards. I haven't gotten most of them, I even still have some DIY recipes to collect. I don't want to build the robot, and I think I even can't build it anyway, so I didn't get it yet. The simple well was another one I didn't need, as I liked the other well better, and have no place for it on my island.

Have you actively played every day? Because that's what I did, haven't missed a single one yet.. So that's why I have that many points. Getting all those Nook(+) achievements. You get a lot for maxing out an achievement.

Not every day no, what with having a second island. But close enough. 

I haven't even looked at getting the maxed out achievements. It's not an incentive for me really. 

I have 160.000+ NM’s, have ordered everything from the catalogue, do some trips sometimes, haven’t done all achievements. But yes, they do feel like they’re just sitting there doing nothing...

Redd is visiting today, even though I saw him more recently than C.J. or Flick.  He's offering:

• Basic Painting with fringe
  • Mystic Statue with earring
  • Wistful Painting with star-shaped earring
  • Ancient Statue with antennae

Completely pointless that they let him visit with four fakes.

19 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Redd is visiting today, even though I saw him more recently than C.J. or Flick.  He's offering:

• Basic Painting with fringe
  • Mystic Statue with earring
  • Wistful Painting with star-shaped earring
  • Ancient Statue with antennae

Completely pointless that they let him visit with four fakes.

Well, not completely pointless, as I'd love to visit!

31 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Well, not completely pointless, as I'd love to visit!

Haha, sorry, I don't subscribe to the online scheme, but you'd be welcome if I did.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Haha, sorry, I don't subscribe to the online scheme, but you'd be welcome if I did.

Just get the one you like to display in your house or outside.