NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Hah ok here is one when we went to see her a few weeks ago. 

She's a sprocker.

That's the weirdest dog I've ever seen on Animal Crossing.

5cab804196762.jpeg

• Haha 4

I'm afraid Sunday is no good for me, @Katie. I'll be offline by then.

OK, reminder for the new page and anyone who would be interested in a N-Europe PARTAY!

Time: Tonight 8pm (That's London Time, adjust accordingly)
Island Venue: Kyoshi
Dress Code: Retro Game Show Contestants

Participants

Glen-i (Partay host)
@BowserBasher (Island Provider)
@RedShell
@Ronnie
@Tales

@Katie

Back-up "maybes"

Aneres11
markderoos

Still two spaces available for anyone who is certain they can make it. If you're not sure, feel free to put yourself down as a "Maybe"
A few things to keep in mind:

1. Access to the island will be behind a Dodo Code, I need time to prepare after all. I will send a PM to everyone when it's ready to go.
  2. Expect said PM to be around 7:30, try and arrive a bit before 8, got to account for all the arriving animations that will go on.
  3. To elaborate on the dress code, it's the kind of clothing you'd see contestants wearing on Game Shows in the 80's/90's. "Smart Casual", I believe it's called. Flowery shirts/Dresses are highly encouraged. No Face Coverings. You're on camera.
  4. Once you arrive on the island, don't change your clothes. I use your look as a reference for who is who in certain games, and if you change, I'll get confused.
  5. I recommend bringing two shovels, nets, and fishing rods. Wouldn't want you running out when you really need them.
  6. If you haven't already, I highly recommend downloading the Switch Online App and linking your Animal Crossing file to it. You'll be able to type using your phone, which is way faster than using the keyboard on TV.
Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

If you haven't already, I highly recommend downloading the Switch Online App and linking your Animal Crossing file to it. You'll be able to type using your phone, which is way faster than using the keyboard on TV.

Or you know, turn on voice chat!

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Or you know, turn on voice chat!

That would also be helpful, but some games I play may need people to send me a private message with the Best Friends section.

No voice chat for me I'm afraid, but it's fine I won't say much!

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

To elaborate on the dress code, it's the kind of clothing you'd see contestants wearing on Game Shows in the 80's/90's.

Phew, I'm not the only one who'd been watching Wheel of Fortune while in lockdown

• Haha 1

Just spent the last 5 mins or so in hysterics at my fancy dress for the party!! :laughing: Great choice for the theme. It helps that I happen to genuinely love cheesy game shows from the 80’s/90’s. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

That would also be helpful, but some games I play may need people to send me a private message with the Best Friends section.

You can still use the best friends section to send messages when voice chat is on. 
im going to turn it on for anyone that wants to use it. 

24 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Anyone have moustaches in their Ables? :D

Afraid not...

EDIT: As luck would have it, I managed to pick one up at a friends island. Do you want to come pick it up?

DOUBLE EDIT: Wait, I can just mail it to you. Duhhhh!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I totally forgot to check in with KK in the evening, so I missed that.. And today I scored a whopping 10 points! :laughing:

Well, I sent the Private Message for the N-E Partay, but I couldn't send one to @Tales. Didn't realise you could turn PM's off. I'll have to send it to you through the game itself.

Edited by Glen-i

9 minutes ago, bob said:

What's everyone's record for the bug comp?

I got 16 once.

I got 16 once.
Is that 16 bugs, or 16 points?

1 minute ago, bob said:
5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:
I got 16 once.

Is that 16 bugs, or 16 points?

Bugs, so 18 points.

Edited by Glen-i

2 hours ago, bob said:

What's everyone's record for the bug comp?

Best I did was 12 bugs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

Proof that the bad guy AI in ACNH is better than in COD:

"paste as plain text instead"

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

Following on from the Queen Alexandra's Birdwing and Mahi-Mahi earlier in the month, I've now got a Rosalia Batesi beetle and Great White Shark as well.  C.J. appeared yesterday and I just knew I had to go for that symbol of summer fish in Animal Crossing.  It's an awesome 2x1 model that can be put on tabletops as well as the floor.

Also, I finally got my third arcade machine and have made a little arcade, which was a real goal of mine.  Suddenly I love this game again.

• Like 2

Week started good.. I had Flick visiting yesterday, and today Gulliver washed up in my shore again.

I also almost missed Isabelle's comment. She still had no news, but she did make a comment about being halfway through the year (..goddammit).

Today is the last day you can do the wedding photography! I'll be checking in withy Reese and Cyrus one last time, and I'll spend all the heart crystals I've saved up so far. I intended to do the photoshoot every day, but I missed a bunch, and I "failed" one deliberately out of curiosity. The earlier ones didn't get me a lot of crystals because of lack of experience and unlocks. But I should be good..I should have enough to buy everything I don't have.

My model room is coming along nicely.  When it starts to fill up, I'm going to keep insects in the basement and probably have fish in the bedroom.  I hope we get the chance to expand our side rooms at some point though.

• Like 4

For fuck's sake. Cyrus won't let you buy more than 5 items. Of course he doesn't, should've known. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of unused heart crystals.

Time to time travel.