NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Lol @Ronnie thanks for my consolation prize! Only just been on Eternia now as had a busy ol’ day! 

Thanks! :D

Edited by Aneres11
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Well yeah, like I said. Just use the available paths.

Yeah I kind of focused on the first part of your response and not the second *anime awkward/embarrassed back of head scratch*

woohoo. 
Also, this may help people. I’ve found a handy technique that may help you get rid of unwanted diy without selling them. If you wrap them up in wrapping paper you can bury them. I’m going to assume that you are also then going to be able to gift them to residents.  

• Like 4

Urgh. Decided to create a two-tier shopping area for my shop and tailors. First issue was the stairs for one part was too close to a bridge but was going to destroy that and move it. But now that I've set up stairs on the lower level for one side and upper for the other side I tried to add stairs to the second level (in other words, be able to ascend the stairs from ground to shop on one side) and it won't let me build them. Too close to the other stairs. Took off a bit of the upper platform and still nothing and now I can't take off any more so I'm going to have to scrap it all. 

I might make it one level but then that means having to move the shop to a random location for a day, destroy the top tier and move it back again. 

The lack of a proper planning mechanism makes it all a pain. 

I was trying to making accessing Redd a bit easier, he appears at the back of the island behind the 2 tier cliffs, which means I would need 2 inclines but because of various restrictions that would mean I need to clear out a load of the cliffs to room for both.

Graham’s birthday today. I’ll be open for a good few hours this evening for people to come and shower him with gifts. 
also would love flowers watered too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Graham’s birthday today. I’ll be open for a good few hours this evening for people to come and shower him with gifts. 
also would love flowers watered too. 

I don't even water my own flowers and you want me to water yours!?
The cheek of it all!

What time are you opening?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I don't even water my own flowers and you want me to water yours!?
The cheek of it all!

What time are you opening?

Opening up within the next few minutes. 

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

Opening up within the next few minutes. 

Will be there in around 10 minutes.

Oh no, I've got the Moody and Proper paintings on offer today!  Don't know which one to buy.

Probably the same as fishing contest from earlier, just for bugs this time.

Yeah seems so after a few more villagers explained more. One just randomly asked me about it and it took me by surprise. 

I've dropped off the game a fair bit now, still go on every day but just for the daily routine. I've put 300+ hours in according to my Switch clock though so I've most definitely gotten my money's worth (and then some!) but if they want to keep me, and I suspect others on here, around Nintendo really need some kind of content drop, and soon. Not just monthly events but new functionality and things to collect/do. The summer season has helped a bit but it's not quite enough really. Villagers could do with a major personality injection too, they had far more to say and do in New Leaf. I get that Covid is a thing obviously but hopefully they have something lined up for release asap.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 2

I do wish they would balance new villagers a bit. I know you can hop around to try and find one but I'm lazy and now I've ended up with two rhinos and two foals.

I've got two issues with the longevity of this game at the moment.  The first is that, by any fair standard, it's still not as complete as previous games.  There's a real lack of variety to the furniture sets, and every time a villager teaches me a recipe nowadays it's one I know.  I know I've said it before, but where are the sets like Sleek?

The 2nd issue, which is also not something I haven't said before, is the pacing.  I pretty much am content with the activities in the game, but only seeing Flick, C.J. or Redd every 2+ weeks is too slow.  It's actually stopped me making sure I have three of every fish/bug, because the reward for doing so doesn't come often enough.  Like I say, it would be much better if the plaza guests didn't prevent the non-plaza guests.

54 minutes ago, Grazza said:

I've got two issues with the longevity of this game at the moment.  The first is that, by any fair standard, it's still not as complete as previous games.  There's a real lack of variety to the furniture sets, and every time a villager teaches me a recipe nowadays it's one I know.  I know I've said it before, but where are the sets like Sleek?

The 2nd issue, which is also not something I haven't said before, is the pacing.  I pretty much am content with the activities in the game, but only seeing Flick, C.J. or Redd every 2+ weeks is too slow.  It's actually stopped me making sure I have three of every fish/bug, because the reward for doing so doesn't come often enough.  Like I say, it would be much better if the plaza guests didn't prevent the non-plaza guests.

Totally agree with this, especially the balancing of the visiting villagers. Redd, CJ and Flick (and to a lesser extend Saharah, Celeste, Gulliver and Wisp) add legs to the game, something to complete/collect. But as it stands now, the progress is too slow. Whereas Leif, Kicks and especially Label could just as well have a few fixed days a week where they open up a stall in Able’s or Nook’s. 
I don’t like how KK and Daisy-Mae prevent the others from visiting.

I think @RedShell suggested something along those lines too. 

And lastly what would really add to the longevity is new visitors that add something to the island. Maybe a farmer or grocerer to add crops/vegetables, a fruit trader with new/hybrid fruit breeding. Deep sea diving with Kapp’n, The Roost with Brewster, fortunetelling, more villager questst, dream suite, Dr. Shrunk, Postal Office, etc. 
Do something more with crafting, maybe missions with Cyrus and Reese for customization. There’s a lot of opportunities to get the game to the next level compared to the older titles.

oh, and don’t get me started on actual NEW gameplay ideas ;)

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with all of this. I stopped playing about a week ago and feel all the better for it. I'd played every day up to that point.

I got to the stage where I was logging on and hitting rocks, checking the two shops and having a quick scout for fossils, even though I have them all now. And visiting the Nook terminal. I was really just wasting half an hour each day doing some stuff which to be honest, wasn't really even enjoyable anymore and was just going through the motions. Redd is really the only worthwhile thing left to me and he comes just too infrequently. That, and the new bugs and fish that come each month.

I agree that this game needed more content like furniture sets, and I'd also say it needed new shops (e.g. 24 hour ones) and the like. The content drops have all been very poor so far in my opinion. The absolute worst was the pointless stamp collecting mission in the museum, which bizarrely you could complete each day. Weirder is the fact you can do Reese and Cyrus's wedding photos every single day for a month - while it's not a terrible idea it gets tarnished through repetition, needed to get all the unique items. And bunny day, that was truly hot garbage. An event that actually got in the way of playing the game.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being negative but after the dust has settled, I've got to say that New Leaf was a much more enjoyable experience for me. This time around the biggest new feature - landscaping - just didn't appeal to me at all.

• Like 2

On 23/06/2020 at 6:57 PM, Grazza said:

Flick is on my island today if you want to pop over. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Flick is on my island today if you want to pop over. 

Thanks, I really appreciate that.  I don't subscribe to the online scheme, but if I did I'd definitely be over.

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

Thanks, I really appreciate that.  I don't subscribe to the online scheme, but if I did I'd definitely be over.

No worries. Ended up having to rush to my mom's home anyway so wouldn't have been able to!

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

No worries. Ended up having to rush to my mom's home anyway so wouldn't have been able to!

CJ doesn’t do anything for visitors though , so no buying fish for an inflated price or building statues. I imagine Flick works the same; only serving the island resident representative. 
Add this to the list of adjustments I would like to see in a future update...

2 hours ago, markderoos said:

CJ doesn’t do anything for visitors though , so no buying fish for an inflated price or building statues. I imagine Flick works the same; only serving the island resident representative. 
Add this to the list of adjustments I would like to see in a future update...

I thought that may be the case but I figured if so Grazza could give me the bugs, I'd ask for the art and then just mail it when I get it.

There's ways and means ;)

You can't give bugs and fish. It's designed so that you have to catch them yourself over the course of a year, rather than trade them.