NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

5 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

I had a little look at the thing and took photos but didn’t see anything about rewards. 

You get some heart thingies that you can trade for the 4 wedding items you can use for the photos. Talk to the groom and you should have the option.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

@Sméagol you must be loving the extra shop space to buy stuff !

It depends on if there's any interesting stuff amongst the seasonal stuff. For now I bought a surfboard and displayed it on the beach.

@Glen-i, Yeah I got a few shells from my own beach. They seem to be uncommon, but I should find enough shells for my DIY recipe 9tropical vista) without much effort.

I love the wedding photography stuff by the way.

Edited by Sméagol

A great Meteor Shower viewing on Eternia tonight! Thanks to all who came! 

Celeste wanted in on the group photo :heart:.

avljFbk_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

And then @drahkon attacked her. :shakehead

mkHApBx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Spectators :D 

4VX84sz_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Weird 1

26 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

And then @drahkon attacked her. :shakehead

That wasn't me. I'm the one with the halo in the first picture.

Whoever the top-hat-mustache-man is, is the culprit. A very well-dressed culprit.

• Haha 2

I ended up playing this for a whole two hours yesterday, for the first time in two weeks.

Seeing as it was one of the island residents, Reneigh's birthday yesterday, I thought... why not.

Loading up, I collected my mail, I got an 'A' rating from the Happy Home Academy, despite the house being full of clutter? (what's that all about?) :p Oh well, wall plaque get!

Then, I set about clearing out a load of stuff I didn't want/need and stuff that I don't think anyone else would really want, mostly all that Bunny Day stuff ::shrug: though I did keep a few bits of clothing and other items which I don't want which might be useful to anyone on here, so there's that... it'd mad though, I have enough stuff to sort out in reality and now I'm collecting digital items which I don't need. :rolleyes:

Paid off the second bridge construction, and some of the loan (second one I think? the one where the house is one floor and only slightly bigger) and checked out the shop, again... second upgraded shop I think? Picked up a table, fan and... everything including a kitchen sink, it would seem. :p

I celebrated Reneigh's birthday for about all of five minutes, I was asked if I'd brought a present... so I said yes and there was a Giant Clam that I'd just picked up off the beach, that seemed to be appreciated, so that's good and then I set about moving a load of fruit trees because I realised a while ago that I had too many of them packed together, which is why they haven't grown; now there are different fruit trees around most of the residents houses because... I don't even know why, it just seemed like something which needed doing.

Maybe I'll start playing it regularly again, at least for half an hour a day... or, so long Gal Da Val Island, see you again in two weeks! :heh:

• Like 3

Celeste is here, no meteor shower though. Should I open gates?

edit: Gate's open. Might be afk.

Edited by Tales

I realised today that those furniture items that you had to place to lure in new villagers are movable!

I just assumed that once they moved in, the furniture became theirs and immovable, but i was trying to pick something nearby up and accidentally scooped up someone's washing line.

So anyway, i hoovered up all the others and sold them.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, bob said:

I realised today that those furniture items that you had to place to lure in new villagers are movable!

I just assumed that once they moved in, the furniture became theirs and immovable, but i was trying to pick something nearby up and accidentally scooped up someone's washing line.

You'll make a great landlord one day. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bob said:

Did exactly the same thing.

It didn't fit my vision for my Island, so I sold it without telling them. That'll teach them.

Pretty sure all three have moved out since...

Edited by Glen-i

I am now 90% certain that Cranston ran over a kid with his car and that's why he's on my Island...

• Haha 2

I have just managed to convince a bunny called Ruby to stay who is visiting the camp site. She will be replacing Yuka, so if anyone wants Yuka the koala she is up for grabs! 

Edited by Aneres11

Yesterday I dug up my 2nd to last fossil (I'm adamant at digging the last up myself). So one to go..

33 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Yesterday I dug up my 2nd to last fossil (I'm adamant at digging the last up myself). So one to go..

How do you know how many more you've got? Other than looking in the museum for gaps. 

23 minutes ago, Ashley said:

How do you know how many more you've got? Other than looking in the museum for gaps. 

I looked in my museum for gaps..

But I suppose I could check my catalogue and compare it with online lists. 

Everyone is here!

animal-crossing-smash-roster.original.jp

Yeah, that's someone recreating (almost) every current Smash Ultimate Fighter. (Minus any alternate costume fighters like Alph)

They didn't bother with Isabelle though...

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just wanted to point out to those who don't do the wedding event, you need to do it several days at least to have all the options available. After several sessions, they opened up the option to have a party where you can invite other villagers, like you can normally do at harv's. It's basically an introduction both to interior decorating in general, and Harv in particular, for those who haven't gotten into that (but why are you playing AC if you aren't)?

The next session after the first time the party session opened up, I got 2 DIY recipes, one from Harv, and 1 from Reese. Obviously you get heart crystals each time, but the selection of rewards you can trade for it increases each time, as Cyrus makes more furniture available. Also they mix things up more after that, I got a request for the garden theme after that point, and the starting set-up mixes more other (non-wedding) stuff in.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Just wanted to point out to those who don't do the wedding event, you need to do it several days at least to have all the options available. After several sessions, they opened up the option to have a party where you can invite other villagers, like you can normally do at harv's. It's basically an introduction both to interior decorating in general, and Harv in particular, for those who haven't gotten into that (but why are you playing AC if you aren't)?

The next session after the first time the party session opened up, I got 2 DIY recipes, one from Harv, and 1 from Reese. Obviously you get heart crystals each time, but the selection of rewards you can trade for it increases each time, as Cyrus makes more furniture available. Also they mix things up more after that, I got a request for the garden theme after that point, and the starting set-up mixes more other (non-wedding) stuff in.

I had the party one today, so great to hear they’re mixing up the themes after today as I way starting to get a bit bored with it...!

46 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I had the party one today, so great to hear they’re mixing up the themes after today as I way starting to get a bit bored with it...!

The last one I had they wanted a chic themed style reception, so that's where finally the chic variants came in, as I never had to use them before. But the wallpaper used was the popular ehh, cafe.. wall, the one from sahara. Floor was an argyle tile floor. Actually, let me just show you:

Harv, and this event, reward players who have collected a bunch of stuff. Which I did, as some of you may know.

• Like 1

I've been really enjoying June in Animal Crossing.  Flick visited and it didn't take me long to decide which model to ask for.  I'm really interested in the giant models, so it was between Atlas Moth and Queen Alexandra's Birdwing.  I went for the latter, and it's great:

As for fish, the sharks are here!  It's just not Animal Crossing until you've got the sharks.  I didn't know whether to ask C.J. for the Great White Shark, Whale Shark, Arapaima, Gar or Saddled Bichir, but I'm particularly fond of the pier fish so I went for Mahi-Mahi:

• Like 3

I went fishing for a Char because it'll be gone next month and spent 4 hours with no success despite following a guide telling me to look in Rivers.

I finally got one, only to notice it said it's location was River (Cliffside). Useless guide...

I'm just glad I did that while C.J. was in town.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Finally getting around to actually doing some work on my island. I went for the layout in the bottom right of the below image and I'm slowly moving all the houses onto the main part and once that's done I'll focus on other sections. Pretty much finished building paths and distributing trees and flowers in that part.

Currently the Nooklings and Ables are on the bottom corners and museum is on the main part but think I'm going to move them to the top. 

Moved my house to the little island in the middle and now shaped it so it lives up to to the island's name; Tartaruga. An island needs it's lore after all. 

2020022820534400_02CB906EA538A35643C1E14

This “game” that you have to play with camp site visitors to get them to move to your island is absolutely painful. Not only do they offer you awful clothing (:D) but when they eventually say they could move here it is almost impossible to get the bloody card suite correct! 

I just need them to replace a resident I don’t like but I’ve been chatting to Blaire the squirrel now for 15 minutes!!!!

9 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I just need them to replace a resident I don’t like but I’ve been chatting to Blaire the squirrel now for 15 minutes!!!!

I hope you keep dashboarding out of the game, because unless it has been changed in patches, the villager that gets recommended to leave always remains the same. The only way around that is to immediately close the game via the dashboard once the visitor tells you who wants to leave so the autosave doesn't kick in. Load up the game again and it's highly likely that the visitor suggests a different villager.

Edited by drahkon