NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I wish this is how item placement worked in Animal Crossing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, this has been bugging me for ages. What with a second wolf moving in to my town today, (Kyle, in case you're wondering) I have to ask...

Has anyone even seen a Crocodilian Villager in this game?

Edited by Glen-i

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

OK, this has been bugging me for ages. What with a second wolf moving in to my town today, (Kyle, in case you're wondering) I have to ask...

Yes, I have one on my second island.

• Thanks 1

Got a Grand Piano from Nook's Cranny today. Very happy.

Then I had to find out that you can't customize it. Did some research and found out that shop items aren't customizable.

Nintendo and dumb design choices, name a more iconic duo :nono:

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Thankfully no. I've only seen screenshots and they're all ugly :p

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Nintendo and dialogue boxes.

That go on and on and on.

And repeat themselves every day.

And the best you can do is speed them up a bit but have to read them.

And if you accidentally click one option you have to read all of them again.

The museum promotion is annoying me because of the 5 additional dialogue screens before you can ask Blathers something, and that's on top of the 3 standard ones (or 2 if you're playing during the 10 minutes a day the bugger is awake).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Eddage said:

Yes, I have one on my second island.

Neat, hopefully I get one soon.

Also, I'm telling the police about you escaping to your second island while this pandemic is going on.

450?cb=20130823055303

That said, he's been strangely absent since the great island migration...

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Also have one on my second island. Drago. He’s cool. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Not many, no. :hmm: 

Would definitely like to get Alfonso on my island at some point. :hehe: 

7 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yes, I've got a cranky one called Del.

EDIT - Ah, that's good, I've just completed my fossil collection.  Took 277 assessments, for the record, and about 9 weeks I guess.  I'm still keeping my spare fossils though as I'm hoping they will introduce dinosaur models at some point.  I'm hoping some of them will be 2x1 or 2x2 as well, like some of the bugs and fish, not just the tiny ones.

Edited by Grazza
  • Thanks 1

I now have a better chance of decreasing than large spike. Curse you Nooklings! 😔

Meteor shower tonight on my island. All welcome, fancy dress. Just water a few flowers. Especially the blue roses and lilies. 
I’ll open up around 8 for a few hours. 

• Like 3

Sorry dumb question but I can't check because I've destroyed all my rocks. You can place things right next to a rock right?

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Sorry dumb question but I can't check because I've destroyed all my rocks. You can place things right next to a rock right?

Yeah you can. But if you’ve destroyed them all then they won’t respawn witching a 3x3 square of something. And if there is something placed by them the items that pop out of the rock won’t land around the rock. 

14 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Yeah you can. But if you’ve destroyed them all then they won’t respawn witching a 3x3 square of something. And if there is something placed by them the items that pop out of the rock won’t land around the rock. 

Thanks very much, yeah I plan to leave a 3x3 gap, make it spawn, then move something closer. Don't really mind if i miss a couple items popping out.

Will pop over later

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, drahkon said:

Got a Grand Piano from Nook's Cranny today. Very happy.

Then I had to find out that you can't customize it. Did some research and found out that shop items aren't customizable.

No, this particular aspect is not a dumb decion, it's a good one. it's there to stimulate trading and the community aspect in general, and it's obviously working. If, instead of complaining here for the wrong reasons, you asked in the trading thread if someone had a white piano for you (I assume you wanted the white one), you'd probably have gotten one by now. I happen to have one in storage, and I'll trade it for something else expensive. So let me know if you're interested.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

No, this particular aspect is not a dumb decion, it's a good one. it's there to stimulate trading and the community aspect in general, and it's obviously working. If, instead of complaining here for the wrong reasons, you asked in the trading thread if someone had a white piano for you (I assume you wanted the white one), you'd probably have gotten one by now. I happen to have one in storage, and I'll trade it for something else expensive. So let me know if you're interested.

Well said. 

They know what they're doing.

Dunno if you have a green train set or white office desk but they're in my shop if you want them.

Edited by Ronnie

11 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Same reason Pokémon trading works so well.

If there wasn't the chance of finding something you really want, there's be a lot less people visiting other islands.

It's the same way Nintendo designed it so that the Nook Miles items are different colours. But you expect great design like that with Nintendo. I was after a white pool so visited RedShell to get one of his.

Now I'm just looking for a red and white lighthouse to replace my boring all white one :blank:

Edited by Ronnie

Gates are open, meteor shower, wear fancy dress, water flowers around Resident Services please. 

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

Gates are open, meteor shower, wear fancy dress, water flowers around Resident Services please. 

How fancy? I'm always fancy.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

How fancy? I'm always fancy.

The sillier the better

1 minute ago, BowserBasher said:

The sillier the better

I can do that.

• Weird 1

Thanks to everyone that came over. I’ll go through the photos I took and post some of the best. Had a blast and so glad I said come in fancy dress. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Thanks to everyone that came over. I’ll go through the photos I took and post some of the best. Had a blast and so glad I said come in fancy dress. 

That was a GREAT idea, loved it and thanks for hosting! Hope you have some nice new hybrids tomorrow :)