NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

10 hours ago, Grazza said:

Two weeks into May, I still have not even seen a scorpion!  Just hoping complaining on the internet works its magic again.

It worked for me, just caught one!

Well, I'm glad that part of the game is over, for now...

I just finished getting all the materials and making all the stuff so that three new residents can join the island.

I looked at the signs and it looks like the following residents will be moving in... AL, Norma and Sprinkle

Are these good residents? Or should I start drafting their leaving letters now? :p

38 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Well, I'm glad that part of the game is over, for now...

I just finished getting all the materials and making all the stuff so that three new residents can join the island.

I looked at the signs and it looks like the following residents will be moving in... AL, Norma and Sprinkle

Are these good residents? Or should I start drafting their leaving letters now? :p

@RedShell has Sprinkle! I had a chat to her tonight. Very cute! 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, Sprinkle is cute, she always seems to be involved in funny moments too:

:grin: 

I've had that damn hedgehog set up her stall again for the fifth day in a row. How do i tell her politely that i don't want her there? Can i ask to see her license?

12 hours ago, Ike said:

It worked for me, just caught one!

I saw one as well, but I followed it and it disappeared into thin air!  Appeared in my plaza as soon as K.K. Slider had left, so maybe it needs open spaces.  Perhaps I have too many flowers.

Do they keep growing randomly or is it just the one?
The keep appearing every so often on the edge of cliff tops, so long as you keep your island 5 stars.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s why I haven’t bought turnips this week. Putting them on my island drops my rating which was stopping the flower spawning. 
I could have dumped them in my house, but meh. 

Redd is visiting my other island today (Cinnabar) for the first time. I’ve just bought the first painting off him but he hasn’t told me to visit his boat?

When I try to access the boat the game won’t let me move onto the sand. Is this right for the first visit? 
I was sure that the first time he visited my first island he told me to go back to the boat? Or maybe I got it wrong? 

15 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

I’ve just bought the first painting off him but he hasn’t told me to visit his boat?

You can get onto his boat next time he visits.

• Like 1

The chances of getting certain visitors has been discovered:

• Sahara, Kicks and Leif guaranteed every week on weekdays
  • Other two weekday slots filled by either Gulliver, Flick, C.J., Label or Redd

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/05/animal_crossing_new_horizons_datamine_reveals_spawn_rates_of_special_characters

Now personally I feel there are too many characters since the update.  My favourites are C.J. and Flick and I'm not enjoying it as much since they don't appear so often.  Gulliver, Sahara and Redd are not favourites of mine, but do serve a purpose.  Kicks and Label, I feel, could easily become part of the existing clothes shop once you've bought enough from them, a bit like how Mabel no longer takes up a visitor slot.  Leif could have a garden centre section of Nook's Cranny.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

The chances of getting certain visitors has been discovered:

• Sahara, Kicks and Leif guaranteed every week on weekdays
  • Other two weekday slots filled by either Gulliver, Flick, C.J., Label or Redd

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/05/animal_crossing_new_horizons_datamine_reveals_spawn_rates_of_special_characters

Now personally I feel there are too many characters since the update.  My favourites are C.J. and Flick and I'm not enjoying it as much since they don't appear so often.  Gulliver, Sahara and Redd are not favourites of mine, but do serve a purpose.  Kicks and Label, I feel, could easily become part of the existing clothes shop once you've bought enough from them, a bit like how Mabel no longer takes up a visitor slot.  Leif could have a garden centre section of Nook's Cranny.

I suspect Leif will get his own shop eventually. I think they have the balance right tbh, you like CJ and Flick but I think a lot of people want more Redd and Saharah. The only one I think I overstays his welcome is Kicks, i don't think he needs to be guaranteed once a week.

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Lol the museum event is such a non-event.

I'm so happy that I have 12 days to complete it.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

I'm so happy that I have 12 days to complete it.

Me too. I had so much trouble locating the ones in the fossil exhibit I’ve had to take a break before I find the rest. 

12 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Me too. I had so much trouble locating the ones in the fossil exhibit I’ve had to take a break before I find the rest. 

Yeah, don't sweat it. Animal Crossing is a game you play for life. Plenty of time. :p Unless you die tomorrow.

• Haha 1

So how long do you guys traditionally play AC for then? 
Appreciate it may differ with each game in the series, but I’ve sunk hours and hours into the first island and looking to do the same again on my second. I am still visiting my first island daily to check in with villagers, get DIY’s, weed, smash rocks, visit resident services for Nook miles etc and feel like it’s part of a daily routine now. 

I know some of you have said you are hoping more items, shops and QoL things get added, but say they don’t, is this something you see yourself playing for a while still? 

Just curious really as I played New Leaf but hardly even scratched the surface with it. I think because this game has been so huge on social media and I’ve been able to see early on what kind of island you can create, it’s had me invested since day one. 

Is it a game you see yourself coming back to daily for the foreseeable? Or are you just looking to reach a certain milestone and then park it for a while? 

• Like 3

The games have always lasted me a year at least. Just to complete my museum with fish an bugs. But even then I’ll still play them daily. Since online was added they have lasted longer as much of the time would’ve playing with friends, so this should be the same. 
 Hopefully with this there will be added content that will make this game last a lot longer. At least the life of the Switch. 

• Like 1

Personally I expect to be playing for a full year or so, but if Nintendo put out constant updates with new items, villager dialog, shops, features etc. for a long while, I'll probably stick with it even longer than that. The game's such an enormous hit I can't believe they won't want to constantly add over the next year or two (or even longer!).

I played New Leaf for 20 minutes or so a day for about a year. I've doubled my total playtime in NL with New Horizons in just a couple of months, just because there's so much more to do in it! 

It's why I'm in no rush to finish my museum or make a fortune in bells. happy to take those things slow.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 2

I can see myself stopping soon to be honest. I've got one more house payment to pay (and got the money in the bank, just was holding off for turnips) and then I'll sort out my house and the island and then I'll probably get bored of it. I'm not interested in getting all the achievements and livestock. May dip in if there's more free content (hopefully a bit more in-depth than "walk around the museum" :heh:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I can see myself stopping soon to be honest. I've got one more house payment to pay (and got the money in the bank, just was holding off for turnips) and then I'll sort out my house and the island and then I'll probably get bored of it. I'm not interested in getting all the achievements and livestock. May dip in if there's more free content (hopefully a bit more in-depth than "walk around the museum" :heh:

This has happened to me. I've barely touched it for the last week, as my house is paid off, I only need a few more fossils and they just weren't appearing at all, I want to rearrange my island but its so cumbersome only being allowed to move one thing a day. I'll probably still jump on when there's something new to see, but the day to day chores, while I enjoyed them for a month and a half, it's not really pulling me back at the moment. 

And I really can't be arsed with flowers! 

Maybe I'll get a second wind, I think it's partly the monotony of lockdown getting to me too. 

• Like 1