NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Having a meteor shower tonight if anyone needs any fragments. Dodo code is H9QVW. Will be online for the next hour or so. 

• Like 2

Few people have joined tonight so I’ll leave my island open for a while longer but I may be idle as I’m on PS4 as well. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for opening your island up @Dog-amoto :D

I had a Meteor Shower the other night and then didn't check the game the next day, so missed out on a load of star fragments.

I'll be combing the beach on my island tomorow though, for sure. :)

You've got a really nice island, was cool to meet both yourself and @Tales as well. :peace:

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure because I didn't buy anything from him on the first day I'll now never see Redd. Occasionally his boat turns up but if I try and go in it says I need to ask permission first but he's not on the island...

5 hours ago, Ashley said:

I'm pretty sure because I didn't buy anything from him on the first day I'll now never see Redd. Occasionally his boat turns up but if I try and go in it says I need to ask permission first but he's not on the island...

You are absolutely sure he's not wandering around? It's sounds like the part where he's wandering around you which is also when he sells you his first painting.

And have you upgraded the museum by giving Blathers a painting? I've tried searching around and this is the best I can come up with. Maybe you have to buy a real painting on someone else's island to give to Blathers.

Edited by Tales

I keep seeing all these cool space items people get from Celeste. I think in over 200 hours I've spotted her 3 times, and gotten two diys from it :angry:

Also... first bug I've seen in all that time

EYIJmbU8AAd8o8.jpeg

Edited by Ronnie
  • Weird 2

Two weeks into May, I still have not even seen a scorpion!  Just hoping complaining on the internet works its magic again.

Apart from that, I can't get enough of the models in this game.  The pier fish are my favourite, so I got the Tuna (which I think I posted a picture of before), Blue Marlin and Giant Trevally.  Only one I don't have enough of is the Mahi-Mahi, so hopefully I'll be able to catch three before I next encounter C.J.

Bug-wise, I didn't know what to ask Flick for.  Eventually decided on the Banded Dragonfly, and am very glad I did.  Flick hyped it up, and I didn't really believe him, but I should have done because it is awesome!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Two weeks into May, I still have not even seen a scorpion!  Just hoping complaining on the internet works its magic again.

I've only seen 1 and it decided it would rather fade out of existence than get caught.

Yeah the models are great. There's a giant green butterfly around at the moment, I forget the name, but the model of that is huge!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yeah the models are great. There's a giant green butterfly around at the moment, I forget the name, but the model of that is huge!

Sounds like Queen Alexandra's Birdwing, which I almost requested instead of the Banded Dragonfly.  Definitely going to go for that one next though!  I wonder if any of the fish are extra-sized?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Best thing to do is go on a Nook Miles flight after 7pm and then pick all the flowers and cut all the trees (also remove stumps) on that island.

This should stop the majority of other bugs spawning, which combined with the smaller surrounding area increases your chances of encountering scorpions quite a bit.

I did the above one time and saw/caught multiple scorpions on a single trip. :cool: 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tales said:

You are absolutely sure he's not wandering around? It's sounds like the part where he's wandering around you which is also when he sells you his first painting.

And have you upgraded the museum by giving Blathers a painting? I've tried searching around and this is the best I can come up with. Maybe you have to buy a real painting on someone else's island to give to Blathers.

Well I can't buy a painting to give to him...he does keep saying he's waiting for art donations though.

Next time I see the ship I'll try and do a better search but I couldn't find him yesterday.

Apart from that, I can't get enough of the models in this game.  The pier fish are my favourite, so I got the Tuna (which I think I posted a picture of before), Blue Marlin and Giant Trevally.  Only one I don't have enough of is the Mahi-Mahi, so hopefully I'll be able to catch three before I next encounter C.J.

EYIVeYAU0AE0VxU?format=jpg&name=large
EYIVhYuU4AAUAmX?format=jpg&name=large

Bug-wise, I didn't know what to ask Flick for.  Eventually decided on the Banded Dragonfly, and am very glad I did.  Flick hyped it up, and I didn't really believe him, but I should have done because it is awesome!

EYIVu4SUMAA4__d?format=jpg&name=large
The scorpion spawning is a result of the nerfing, they're super rare now. The best way to get one is to go to a mystery island and clear everything out. In the evening, obviously.
  • Thanks 1

It’s my actually birthday today, and to be greeted with a celebration from my favourite islander Bill as soon as I loaded the game this morning was amazing! 

Bill just asked me to follow him and that it was a surprise haha. 

VoRhNsM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

8uHCFdl_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

grvwJNO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

MZ0Ads8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

2WEPVFG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

YsBeO5p_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

h5JlM4E_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

WNtY6IG_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

FQtqWv5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Really really cute. Made me smile the whole way through the celebrations. :D 

This is why I love this game. And the fact Bill dressed up in his tuxedo jacket and glasses was the icing on the cake haha. 

Seaprate note, I got an actual Switch cake too which is very cool! :) 

jWcGaVy_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Like 10

Does anyone happen to have a white outdoor pool animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-nook- from Nook's that I could request? Happy to give 3 Miles Tickets in exchange (or a brick pool animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-nook- if you prefer that)

Happy Birthday @Aneres11 :D

That's really cool, celebrating your birthday on Animal Crossing, I forgot that was even a thing, cool to see that they go all out on this version though. :)

Nice bit of cake there as well, the Joy-Cons on that Switch cake look better made than the real thing :p they're probably more reliable and taste better. (I'd imagine)

I hope you enjoy your day and if there's anything you need in the game, let me know, I'll have a look in my shop later if I remember. :peace:

I must remember to play the game today, I don't want to miss out on those star fragments again. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Nice bit of cake there as well, the Joy-Cons on that Switch cake look better made than the real thing :p they're probably more reliable and taste better. (I'd imagine)

Remember when the console launched and people were licking the games...?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Remember when the console launched and people were licking the games...?

Yep, it's the reason that I've purchased every Switch game I own from new... :D

...so that I can unseal them and lick them myself. :p

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Does anyone happen to have a white outdoor pool animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-nook- from Nook's that I could request? Happy to give 3 Miles Tickets in exchange (or a brick pool animal-crossing-new-horizons-guide-nook- if you prefer that)

Yep, I have that pool. Will swap for the brick one.

Anyway, I’m going to be hosting a DIY recipe / random stuff giveaway tonight at 8pm! :) 

The beach directly south of my house (just left of the airport) will have items for anyone to catalog or take, all I ask in return is that you water the flowers which are surrounded by fencing (not the ones in the north of my island) to help me out with hybrids.

Gates will open at 8pm for about an hour.

:peace:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yep, I have that pool. Will swap for the brick one.

Anyway, I’m going to be hosting a DIY recipe / random stuff giveaway tonight at 8pm! :) 

The beach directly south of my house (just left of the airport) will have items for anyone to catalog or take, all I ask in return is that you water the flowers which are surrounded by fencing (not the ones in the north of my island) to help me out with hybrids.

Gates will open at 8pm for about an hour.

:peace:

Count me in. Even if to just repay the favour of watering the flowers. :heh:

• Thanks 1