NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I give up trying to grow purple roses. I've tried putting white roses next to each other but it's just not happening. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I give up trying to grow purple roses. I've tried putting white roses next to each other but it's just not happening. 

Purple or blue? 
I watched a YouTube video on how to make blue roses and Jesus... it’s not easy. Apparently you need to create a ‘good’ red rose from two other roses and there’s no way to know which is a good and bad. They’re also different from the standard red roses you can plant. 

I've been burying 50k bells and getting 150k in return. Is there a limit to doing this?

58 minutes ago, bob said:

I've been burying 50k bells and getting 150k in return. Is there a limit to doing this?

Yes. But it varies between a limit of 10000 and a limit of 99999 every other day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Probably a really low chances. I've been watering patches of white roses for weeks and only have three purple. For maximum efficiency I recommend patches of 3x2 and make sure there's open space all around each patch. And invite people to water your flowers helps greatly.

I'm working on blue roses too(and every other rare flower) and so far I have created what I believe are two Hybrid Pink roses(from purple and red). Next step is breeding them with a yellow to get a Hybrid Red rose Aneres11 mentioned. Two of those creates a blue rose.

Edited by Tales
  • Thanks 1

Daisy is still in my town at 17:30. I thought she left at noon?

1 minute ago, Tales said:

Daisy is still in my town at 17:30. I thought she left at noon?

Were you AFK, and have you left the game open since this morning?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sméagol said:

Were you AFK, and have you left the game open since this morning?

Yeah, I put the console to sleep without exiting the game most of the time.

3 hours ago, Tales said:

Probably a really low chances. I've been watering patches of white roses for weeks and only have three purple. For maximum efficiency I recommend patches of 3x2 and make sure there's open space all around each patch. And invite people to water your flowers helps greatly.

I'm working on blue roses too(and every other rare flower) and so far I have created what I believe are two Hybrid Pink roses(from purple and red). Next step is breeding them with a yellow to get a Hybrid Red rose Aneres11 mentioned. Two of those creates a blue rose.

Yeah I guess you're right, must be really low chances. 

5 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Purple or blue? 
I watched a YouTube video on how to make blue roses and Jesus... it’s not easy. Apparently you need to create a ‘good’ red rose from two other roses and there’s no way to know which is a good and bad. They’re also different from the standard red roses you can plant. 

One step at a time for me haha, purple first!

I've had to look at this gap staring me in the face for WEEKS. :cry:

roses.jpg

Edited by Ronnie
  • Sad 1

Wendy's making a garden wagon if anyone's interested. 

(And it's Cherry's birthday)

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

My last spot has been filled on my island. Alli came over and she said she come over from Radiata (so @Tales's place). Funny thing is I never asked her to come, so I guess islanders can also come from friends islands when not asked? Doesn't this decrease the chance of other villagers coming in that are not on any of your friends islands?

Anyway, I'm still having fun with AC but last weekend was the first time I skipped a day playing it. I was playing something else and just couldn't be arsed to interrupt my session to put on AC, even with it being Saturday and KK around. It actually felt quite like a relief, and I think I won't be playing it daily anymore. The things I still really want to do is finish some gardens and decorations, and fill my house the way I like it, but both are quite dependent on the items you can buy or get from the shop. With plenty of bells in the bank I don't feel the need to go after fish/fruit/rocks to hit. So it's strange, with a sandbox outside this time I still feel I'm more quickly done with the game than with the DS/3DS versions. 

Just now, Vileplume2000 said:

My last spot has been filled on my island. Alli came over and she said she come over from Radiata (so @Tales's place). Funny thing is I never asked her to come, so I guess islanders can also come from friends islands when not asked? Doesn't this decrease the chance of other villagers coming in that are not on any of your friends islands?. 

Think she moved like two weeks ago. I can't say I miss her :p

I have another villager packing up today(Broccoli) so tomorrow I will use the 65 Miles tickets I have saved up to hunt for the perfect villager and as well as rare islands, especially the big fish island.

@Ronnie I can come over for the birthday whenever you're free.

I'm going to open up my island in an hour or so, I've got around 30 spare DIYs and some furniture I'm not using if people want to catalogue or take. If people want to bring some of their spare diys too maybe that'd be cool. 

8 minutes ago, Tales said:

@Ronnie I can come over for the birthday whenever you're free.

Yeah as above make it like 2:30ish maybe, will post on here.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Wendy's making a garden wagon if anyone's interested. 

(And it's Cherry's birthday)

Bloody hell. Missed this!! Damn work. 

11 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Bloody hell. Missed this!! Damn work. 

I have it as a spare diy if you want?

(Unless anyone else has a garden bench diy they can bring :laughing:)

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

OMG! Vic moved out yesterday so his plot is free so I just bought four Nook Tickets to try and fill the tenth house and the only character I’ve seen on the internet that I just loved is the kangaroo with her little baby. 

Well... look who I came across!! 
OchSByv_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

She’s moving in! :D

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I might have taken Vic off you if I had a spare plot

Ahh you’d have been welcome to him haha 

I finally went and did it... I reached breaking point, having seen one too many of those Nook Miles challenges for watering plants come up so I bought a watering can and watered til it broke. Got the Nook Miles and the first stamp for watering ten. :laughing: I am not crafting any hot items though. 

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

You know what would be nice maybe as DLC or something; the ability to build shops/services. So you'd pay Tom Nook (because apparently nothing happens without his pockets being lined) and then you'd choose a service type and get a plot thing and pop it somewhere and then a villager not on your island starts running it. Maybe you'd get some of the profit (as you did pay after all) and a whole new host of purchase options are available for furnishing it.

Keep seeing people turning part of their homes into cafes and that kind of thing, would be nice if you could actually decide what services you want on your island outside of the standard ones.

(edit - apparently cafes have been in the franchise before)

Which begs the question...do the workers fly in and out every day or are they sleeping in the basement? 🤔

• Thanks 1

It’s crazy how quick you can progress early on in this game. I only started playing the same copy on my Lite on Wed night and I have the shop, the museum will be built tomorrow, I have reactions just now and Wisp has been on my island once already. I’ve also used the Nook Mile ticket to fly to an island where I’ve invited Cookie the dog to live, so she will be in soon. And no, I haven’t time travelled lol. 

I think it helps I know what i need to do. It’s so much fun playing from the start again. It helps that I can visit my original island and give myself a TRUCK of money to progress the house along quickly. I’ve already had two upgrades and the other two peasants who moved in are still in tents. It’s a bloody shame. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

It’s crazy how quick you can progress early on in this game. I only started playing the same copy on my Lite on Wed night and I have the shop, the museum will be built tomorrow, I have reactions just now and Wisp has been on my island once already. I’ve also used the Nook Mile ticket to fly to an island where I’ve invited Cookie the dog to live, so she will be in soon. And no, I haven’t time travelled lol. 

I think it helps I know what i need to do. It’s so much fun playing from the start again. It helps that I can visit my original island and give myself a TRUCK of money to progress the house along quickly. I’ve already had two upgrades and the other two peasants who moved in are still in tents. It’s a bloody shame. 

This is like those articles with the headline "How I bought a house at age 24!" and when you read it it says "by living with my parents for a few years and them paying for the deposit".

• Haha 3
  • Weird 1