NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

19 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Hold on a minute... I was crafting fish bait for the fishing tourney last Saturday and it was most certainly not minimal effort to even go through the rigmarole of doing 10-15 at a time, never mind 100! :eek:

Just so you know, I've been incorporating digging up clams on my daily beach walk and just using those.

I didn't do it all in one go. I'm not that sad.

Meteor shower in Kyoshi tonight. Will be opening my gates for visitors during the thing. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Meteor shower in Kyoshi tonight. Will be opening my gates for visitors during the thing. 

I'll stop by. The owl will be there too I hope.

• Like 1

Does Nook not offer to expand the size of extra rooms in your house? I'm sure New Leaf gave you that option early on, but at the moment all he's doing is adding small rooms.

51 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Does Nook not offer to expand the size of extra rooms in your house? I'm sure New Leaf gave you that option early on, but at the moment all he's doing is adding small rooms.

Nope. I don’t recall any previous game expanding the additional rooms. The good thing is your upstairs is lager than the previous games. 

18 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Nope. I don’t recall any previous game expanding the additional rooms. The good thing is your upstairs is lager than the previous games. 

You could definitely expand additional rooms from 4x4 up to 8x8 in New Leaf, that's why I'm surprised all the extra rooms in this game don't seem to get bigger (for now at least)

• Thanks 1

You could definitely expand additional rooms from 4x4 up to 8x8 in New Leaf, that's why I'm surprised all the extra rooms in this game don't seem to get bigger (for now at least)
I'm sure Nintendo won't mind selling the ability back to us as DLC.
  • Like 1

Fucking finally!: :bouncy:

Ironic seeing as my island now looks worse than ever. Completely covered in random shit and (of course) fences! :laughing:  Anyway, gold watering can GET! Tempted to just obtain a few golden roses and Jacob’s ladders, then remove all the junk and drop back down to 4 or even 3 star. :hehe: Can’t remember if there’s anything else that requires a “perfect” town later on though. :hmm: Got a feeling it’s needed for finding truffles in the autumn too.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Fucking finally!: :bouncy:

Ironic seeing as my island now looks worse than ever. Completely covered in random shit and (of course) fences! :laughing:  Anyway, gold watering can GET! Tempted to just obtain a few golden roses and Jacob’s ladders, then remove all the junk and drop back down to 4 or even 3 star. :hehe: Can’t remember if there’s anything else that requires a “perfect” town later on though. :hmm: Got a feeling it’s needed for finding truffles in the autumn too.

Nice one. Yeah, getting 5 star requires a lot of shit spread everywhere. Now you've got the gold watering can you can continue to get gold roses no matter what, it's just the lily of the valley flowers that won't spawn if you drop down again...

Edited by Sheikah
  • Thanks 1

Can't place paths on half tiles above a diagonal cliff. :blank:

Man, these restrictions on diagonal cliffs ruin a lot of what I've planned...

Guess who just found out how to upgrade to the more durable tools after spending thousands of bells on flimsy ones?

tenor.gif

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

2 hours ago, bob said:

Guess who just found out how to upgrade to the more durable tools after spending thousands of bells on flimsy ones?

tenor.gif

Wait until you get gold tools which... Also break 🤷‍♂️

My gate is open for the meteor show. It’s slow at the moment only seen a couple. So probably best to wait a bit if you just wanna make loads of wishes. 

My latest annoyance - no way of storing flowers. Would love to shove them in my storage while I redesign the island but nope. 

28 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

My latest annoyance - no way of storing flowers. Would love to shove them in my storage while I redesign the island but nope. 

Strange. You can store the ones from the shop (when still in packets). Odd you can't for the ones you dig up. 

Gate's open again, this time using a dodo code to open up to public. 4WFKG

You can pick a fossil you're missing. They're grouped horizontally.

Pick any fruit you want, I have all fruit growing at the moment.

Celeste is visiting.

You may be able to catch an ant.

I assume you can sell 'm? Do you already have an ant? Otherwise put it in a garbage can.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Strange. You can store the ones from the shop (when still in packets). Odd you can't for the ones you dig up. 

I guess it makes sense if you apply real life logic... You can put seeds in the cupboard but you wouldn't store fully grown plants. But this is a game! Make things convenient for me! 

3 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

I guess it makes sense if you apply real life logic... You can put seeds in the cupboard but you wouldn't store fully grown plants. But this is a game! Make things convenient for me! 

Real life logic to a game where you can technically hold 39 oarfish in your pocket. 😂 I don’t think this game follows real life logic. 

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Real life logic to a game where you can technically hold 39 oarfish in your pocket. 😂 I don’t think this game follows real life logic. 

No, that's actually quite realistic.

114.png

• Haha 1

Finally managed to catch my first tarantula last night. Honestly though i only did it because it got stuck behind a palm tree while trying to murder me. I don't understand how you're supposed to catch them otherwise. Its currently Tarantulas 5 - 1 Bob

11 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I assume you can sell 'm? Do you already have an ant? Otherwise put it in a garbage can.

Yeah that's how I got ants. Tried putting it in a wheelie bin but couldn't. 

This pattern always amuses me:

*Blathers assesses fossil*

*You donate fossil*

Blathers: "I never thought I'd see this!"

It's been five seconds my dude. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weird 1