NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

My girlfriend and me played the fishing tourney on her island this morning, we both got the points from it, so like 16-20 a time. Might be worth co-op'ing this if a few people are grinding for 300 points 

12 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

My girlfriend and me played the fishing tourney on her island this morning, we both got the points from it, so like 16-20 a time. Might be worth co-op'ing this if a few people are grinding for 300 points 

Is this local only?

My gates are open! There are Bunny Day recipes to be had if anyone wants to come for an afternoon of fishing.

I had no idea there was even a fishing tournament going on!

Who do you need to talk to?

• Weird 1

11 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Is this local only?

My gates are open! There are Bunny Day recipes to be had if anyone wants to come for an afternoon of fishing.

No idea, we played local and when I got back to my village and spoke to CJ I had 50 odd points from four rounds or so, obviously depending on how well you get on!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bob said:

I had no idea there was even a fishing tournament going on!

Who do you need to talk to?

There should be a likely looking beaver in your square.

15 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

No idea, we played local and when I got back to my village and spoke to CJ I had 50 odd points from four rounds or so, obviously depending on how well you get on!

Thanks for the info. Must mean this tournament is either designed to be played socially or else the points carry to the next tournament.

Finally! 

EVUxFvwU8AEJZtt?format=jpg&name=small

What a grind/awful event. I didn't bother with using fishing bait (couldn't be bothered to farm and craft the stuff) so it is possible to actually do this without it. My average catch were 7 fish a run, with 8 being caught if everything went well (no eggs, quick bites).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What a grind/awful event. I didn't bother with using fishing bait (couldn't be bothered to farm and craft the stuff) so it is possible to actually do this without it. My average catch were 7 fish a run, with 8 being caught if everything went well (no eggs, quick bites).

Congrats! :bowdown:

I tried the no-bait method after reading @Tales posts earlier but I averaged 2-3 fish sightings per go because my waters were empty! I am only getting 9-10 with bait. :( 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You'll miss 3 fish items if you do that.

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure they're not worth not enjoying the game, for me at least.

If New Leaf is anything to go by these fishing tourneys happen all the time, and if your total is carried over to the next one then I'll just get them that way, if not ::shrug:

• Like 2

Do the points count carry on to further tournaments? I can see myself grinding it enough today to get 100, but there's no way I'm wasting my day to get 300. 
I don't think I'll bother. No point catching fish over and over just for a gold trophy, rather spend it doing something else. :D

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure they're not worth not enjoying the game, for me at least.

If New Leaf is anything to go by these fishing tourneys happen all the time, and if your total is carried over to the next one then I'll just get them that way, if not ::shrug:

From the sounds of it these fishing tournaments only happen 3-4 times a year. 

I got a bunch of extra items from it and I imagine Tales did as well. If anyone is missing any before it ends we may be able to fill in a couple of gaps.

• Like 1

I got two duplicates so I thought it was time to check online for a list to see if that meant I now at least have all the items. And yes, I do. But there are variations of a number of them. 

If you rack up say 30 points, and then claim, does he give you multiple prizes at the same time?

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

If you rack up say 30 points, and then claim, does he give you multiple prizes at the same time?

Absolutely. This is 2020.

• Haha 5

47 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I got two duplicates so I thought it was time to check online for a list to see if that meant I now at least have all the items. And yes, I do. But there are variations of a number of them. 

Yeah I just noticed you can customise most of the items, like the fish rack and the fish print to show different fish.

I’ve gotten over 100 points but I think I’ll stop here for now, I seem to have gotten most of the items. It was fun doing this while listening to a couple of podcasts.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Absolutely. This is 2020.

Nintendo are obviously one of the best developers in the industry, but the fact that I had to ask that question says it all !

• Haha 1

300!?

Yeah, I started late, don't have time to get another 200 points.

Will have to wait until next time.

Silver lining for me being isolated and unable to go online, I didn't have to deal with any eggs.

Just got home, ready for another evening session of Animal Crossing! I've kept a Tuna for the tourney, so I'm ready to win this thing! :laughing:

• Haha 1

Why did they think having two overlapping events was a good idea and then as one finished they add another that is hampered by the still ongoing event?

Just made me clock out of most of it, especially as I'm not that far through the game so I've got other stuff to deal with. Not even bothered with the fish today. 

And I'm not even bothering about trying to do everything anyway, it just seems so haphazardly planned. 

Thanks for the info. Must mean this tournament is either designed to be played socially or else the points carry to the next tournament.

Sadly there was no beaver waiting for me. I guess you have to be a certain way into the game or something.

Sadly there was no beaver waiting for me. I guess you have to be a certain way into the game or something.
Do you have the town hall built yet? That might be the requirement.
  • Like 1

Do you have the town hall built yet? That might be the requirement.
I do not.

The egg thing isn't an issue. Two hours of fishing I must have caught about 2 eggs. 3 at most.

Edited by Ronnie

I got to about 200 and had about 50 minutes left so gave up as I didn’t think I’d do it. I’ll just make sure I have enough bait next time ready.