NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Remembered that you can craft fish bait in this, so i made some, and the very first fish i caught with it was a blue marlin!

The whole process is a bit of a faff though. I can't wait until i have larger pockets and a sturdier fishing rod.

Talking of flimsy tools, is it possible for the pole to break while you're on the other side? I presume not, or that would be a bit annoying.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bob said:

Remembered that you can craft fish bait in this, so i made some, and the very first fish i caught with it was a blue marlin!

The whole process is a bit of a faff though. I can't wait until i have larger pockets and a sturdier fishing rod.

Talking of flimsy tools, is it possible for the pole to break while you're on the other side? I presume not, or that would be a bit annoying.

The Pole and Ladder do not break. 

• Like 1

Be there in 10. Might have a wander if that's ok

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Be there in 10. Might have a wander if that's ok

Your fossils are separated from the rest for you. 

Got a fish wand from the tournament. The animal running the tournament doesn't seem to tell you all the available prizes so anyone know if the tournament is worth doing multiple times?

7 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Got a fish wand from the tournament. The animal running the tournament doesn't seem to tell you all the available prizes so anyone know if the tournament is worth doing multiple times?

Yeah, it's worth doing a few times as there are multiple items to win from the tournament.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, it's worth doing a few times as there are multiple items to win from the tournament.

Well go on then, you get a couple of grand out of it each time so why not!

The amount of dialogue you have to go through in this tournament is ridiculous. Why do we have to speak to him 3 separate times just to hand in the fish, sell them and then exchange the points for items? It's so annoying.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

WHO ORGANISED A FISHING TOURNAMENT WHEN THERE ARE EGGS IN THE WATER?!

Yup. They really should have either suspended the egg spawning or just had the tournament after the Easter event.

28 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

WHO ORGANISED A FISHING TOURNAMENT WHEN THERE ARE EGGS IN THE WATER?!

20 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. They really should have either suspended the egg spawning or just had the tournament after the Easter event.

Tempting fate here but I am yet to catch a single egg during the three minute tournaments. Until seeing your posts I thought they actually had the gumption to disable eggs for this. :blank:

Eggs are still there, but not as common as it was earlier. You can use bait to guarantee it's fish.

Anyway, the dialogue you have to go through between every run, as H-o-T mentioned, is easily the worst part of this.

Appearently you need 300 points for the gold trophy. I know he tells you when you reach 100.

Edited by Tales

Well, i've now nabbed all the items for this and I think i'm roughly 150 points into it. Gonna take a break and then come back later to get the other 150 points. Man, what a grind this is. 

• Like 1

Do the points count carry on to further tournaments? I can see myself grinding it enough today to get 100, but there's no way I'm wasting my day to get 300. 

Edited by Mr-Paul

The fishing contest highlights a lot of issues Nintendo needs to fix...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tales said:

Eggs are still there, but not as common as it was earlier. You can use bait to guarantee it's fish.

I have been using bait, yeah. When I saw the tournament rules have changed from being open all day to needing to catch as many as you can in three minute bursts, I harvested clams and made bait, expecting to be one and done with the tournament!

So far I have went back enough to score three items. I don't know if I'll be reaching 300 points (come on!) so I really hope points accumulated today carry over to the next tournament. :confused:

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

The fishing contest highlights a lot of issues Nintendo needs to fix...

Why isn't fishing bait available to buy in the shop or even by the tournament runner! :cry:

...buy a shovel... grind for clams... hammer the A button to craft clams... 

The game's supposed to be fun, and grinding to 300 is not what I call fun, so I'll be happy with about 100 points :)

23 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The game's supposed to be fun, and grinding to 300 is not what I call fun, so I'll be happy with about 100 points :)

You'll miss 3 fish items if you do that.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

Remember...if everything fails you can always time travel.
YES, THAT'S NOT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME, yadayadayada.

But if you can't be bothered to do all fishing today but don't want to wait three months for another contest...the option's there ::shrug:

I have three prizes so far. 300 points is a lot as it definitely means using fish bait. The best I’ve done using bait is 10 and that was right on the timer. 

EVUd5GgU8AEH4-q?format=jpg&name=large

this is probably the best you can do in three minutes. 

4 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

this is probably the best you can do in three minutes. 

e33.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

How do you see your total so far? I am up to six prizes with little will to continue. 

I know he tells you when you reach 200. I'll let you know if he tells you about when you reach 300 and can stop. I'm using a calculator to make sure.