NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

17 minutes ago, Tales said:

Can players take advantage of meteor showers in other people's town? Last time I wished a stardust appeared on the beach the next day. Everyone says there will be one in mine tonight.

I think the can. At least I hope as I’ve yet to see one shooting star. 

Can players take advantage of meteor showers in other people's town? Last time I wished a stardust appeared on the beach the next day. Everyone says there will be one in mine tonight.
Yep, they definitely can. The stars will then appear on your own beach.

OK, then if anyone is interested I will leave the gate open. Does it matter if you wish multiple times or is just once a night. I assume it's the latter.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tales said:

OK, then if anyone is interested I will leave the gate open. Does it matter if you wish multiple times or is just once a night. I assume it's the latter.

I always do it multiple times just in case. 

Is there only one Aries item?

Also @Tales, I don't suppose you have yellow roses? :laughing:

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I always do it multiple times just in case. 

Is there only one Aries item?

Also @Tales, I don't suppose you have yellow roses? :laughing:

I have, but I got them from different town. Katie's town yesterday I think.

No worries, thought they might be plentiful where you are. F-ing Rosie asking for a DIY build that needs 3 of them even though I've never noticed roses anywhere!

5 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I can get you sky eggs when I'm back online.

But yeah. I need the balloon onslaught, because occasionally they'd drop a cherry blossom recipe. Still need several of those.

Oh dear. I have a few buildings I want to move just a few tiles.

Oh that would be great, thank you! 

My latest turnip sale has allowed me to pay off the third room of my house, and I've paid for another bridge. Will prob make a bit more infrastructure investment the rest of this week, and hopefully save at least half a million to invest on Sunday. 

My island is still a bit messy. I need to chop down a lot of trees I reckon. And I don't particular enjoy planting and watering flowers. Can I pay a gardener to come in and do that for me? 😜

10 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

And I don't particular enjoy planting and watering flowers. Can I pay a gardener to come in and do that for me? 😜

I'm pretty sure flowers survive fine without watering, it's just if you do more seem to grow around them and sometimes in rare colours.

They should breed and grow on their own by the occasional rain.

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I'm pretty sure flowers survive fine without watering, it's just if you do more seem to grow around them and sometimes in rare colours.

16 minutes ago, Tales said:

They should breed and grow on their own by the occasional rain.

Yeah, I realise it's probably fine to leave them/ But you know, that pressure to breed them and create nice flowerbeds to attract bugs! 

Anyway, bottom of my priority list!

2 hours ago, Mr-Paul said:

Oh that would be great, thank you! 

My latest turnip sale has allowed me to pay off the third room of my house, and I've paid for another bridge. Will prob make a bit more infrastructure investment the rest of this week, and hopefully save at least half a million to invest on Sunday. 

My island is still a bit messy. I need to chop down a lot of trees I reckon. And I don't particular enjoy planting and watering flowers. Can I pay a gardener to come in and do that for me? 😜

My gate's will be open in a sec, for I'm thinking 30 minutes.

My island is coming along nicely. The last time I updated it was like this...

EVG1Vi8UUAEFywa?format=jpg&name=large

and now it's like this...

EVG1VjBUcAAKnD0?format=jpg&name=large

As you can see from the top picture, I had completely miscalculated the distance I needed between where I built my orchard and where I was building my houses. This meant I had to dig up the whole thing, move it down a couple of squares and then build up a second tier where it was needed. It certainly took a while to redo the orchard. I wasn't a happy chappy. :( 

Beneath that I have made a campsite. That still needs a little work done to it, such as adding flowers and moving the camp from the bottom right to the top left. I'll do that once all the residents have been moved to the top of the island. I'm still trying to decide what flowers to plant around here.

Underneath the campsite I have created a little play park. There wasn't much room left to work with but I think i've managed to make it work with what I had.

I'm really pleased with the top of the island. That whole area is really starting to look like an little housing estate and I can't wait until it's all finished off. I still need to move some villagers up there and I wouldn't mind adding an incline on both the left and right so I have easy access to the beach from the estate. 

I'm on creating another bridge at the moment but I think I will need two move before i'm done. Ideally I wanted a single bridge to be placed in the middle of the inclines I have but the game wouldn't allow me to do that. It was either to the right or to the left. I wasn't happy with either option so I instead decided to build a bridge for each incline. The first will be finished tomorrow ( no more using the pole! ) and I'll start on the second straight after.

Finally, The main section of the island is pretty much clear now. I've moved all of my trees to the top part of his section but have still kept a load of flowers growing wildly around the area in an attempt to get different colours. Once the villagers have moved to the top of the island I can then really start to get to work on this section. My flower garden will be going here and i'm going to be making this my main hub area for all the buildings. I'd like to think that the shop will be upgraded before I start moving these buildings around as i'm not sure what size it's going to be once it does get upgraded.

Oh, I snagged this tonight.

EVG1ViqUUAANN4z?format=jpg&name=large

I seen a golden balloon floating by and inside it was this recipe. Not sure if it's random or whether you have to pop a certain number of balloons for it to appear. 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

My gate's will be open in a sec, for I'm thinking 30 minutes.

Sorry, I missed this!

Was busy making my own tarantula island. Finally managed to catch five of the buggers. Now I won't bother unless I end up on the actual Tarantula Island.

21 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

Sorry, I missed this!

Was busy making my own tarantula island. Finally managed to catch five of the buggers. Now I won't bother unless I end up on the actual Tarantula Island.

I'm actually still open. If you're quick, you can come by.

FFS, spent two hours farming 18 non-egg balloon presents and there was a grand total of ONE cherry blossom DIY recipe in them :nono: Still have like 6 I'm missing, and only two days to get them. (Thanks @Hero-of-Time for the spare you sent)

I'm pretty sure the more stars you pray on, the more you find on the beach next day. When I prayed a lot one time I found far more stars than when I prayed only once or twice.

FFS, spent two hours farming 18 non-egg balloon presents and there was a grand total of ONE cherry blossom DIY recipe in them :nono: Still have like 6 I'm missing, and only two days to get them. (Thanks [mention=342]Hero-of-Time[/mention] for the spare you sent)
Can't you get people to craft you a copy of the ones you need? Which ones do still need?

Well it's more just wanting a complete collection of DIY recipes for completion sake. Specifically missing the cherry blossom bonsai, branches, clock, pond stone, Sakura-wood flooring and Sakura-wood wall. Just surprised how hard to find they are given the window to get them is 10 days long.

9 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

EVG1VjBUcAAKnD0?format=jpg&name=large

I just love how you put yourself on the highest level. No question who is the bossman. :grin: When it's complete I would love to come over and see it as it is!

• Haha 4

Flick is on my island today, which is the first time I've seen him.  Not sure which bug model to go for - am leaning towards Darner Dragonfly.  Looking forward to all the giant beetles in the summer though.

I saved up 3 atlas moths for the next time he visits.

I've opened my island by the way if anyone wants to visit. Not much going on today but everyone's welcome!

Yeah, Atlas Moths are great.  Some of the butterflies are fantastic, especially Agrias Butterfly and Rajah Brooke's Birdwing.

1 hour ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I saved up 3 atlas moths for the next time he visits.

I've opened my island by the way if anyone wants to visit. Not much going on today but everyone's welcome!

The Atlas Moth model is huge, got one yesterday!

Now that I've sold my Turnips I can start terraforming! So far I've built myself a beach side fun park! I can tell that this may take some time though. 

• Like 4

On terraforming. Can you get the edges to go at a 45 degree angle like it naturally is. Or are we gonna be stuck with having 90 degree angles everywhere