NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I was thinking more of a special event kind of thing, not just between us, but with my island open to the general public.

I already kind of have impromptu places where I dump my spare fossils and diy recipes, but I want to organize it bit better. My fossils are slowly to start piling up, and does anyone need a bunny stool recipe? :laughing:

But yeah, for now, I just send the stuff I've bought or shot down or whatever, but don't have the space right for now or simply don't want, to you people, anyone on my in-game friendlist, once a week. For a lot of people, one of the end-game goals to get a complete catalogue, so I'm starting now by buying lots of stuff. Still not everything, simply for inventory management reasons, but I get stuff simply to add it to my catalogue.

And yeah, I like the idea of just opening up your gate by default. I actually intended to do that, but there are some downsides, like balloons not showing up. So I haven't opened up my gates that much. I'll try to do so in the future.

• Like 1

Is it possible to get the cafe or nightclub in this game? Seems a bit limited in that department so far. I’m assuming you can still upgrade Nook’s Cranny if you spend enough as well. 

3 hours ago, Tales said:

The water eggs was the real annoyance in my opinion. It felt like every other fish was an egg. Decided early on to just not fish for two weeks. With the update I probably found like two eggs in 20-30 fishes.

Eggs seem to only be from the medium sized fish, and even then, only 50:50.

12 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Is it possible to get the cafe or nightclub in this game? Seems a bit limited in that department so far. I’m assuming you can still upgrade Nook’s Cranny if you spend enough as well. 

Daan Koopman from NWR got the shop upgrade on day 33, so that’s coming. 

I have a feeling the Cafe will come later down the line. The extra shops in New Leaf were not particularly fast unlocks. The nightclub is a strange one though as that was where K.K. played and where you got reactions. In NH he’s playing on the main square and the reactions come from villagers so maybe they’ve shifted stuff around this time, no nightclub. I did see Kicks when I rewatched the direct this morning, so I’m guessing the Able Sisters’ store can be upgraded as well. Still hoping Katrina and Redd show up, Gyroids and the art gallery in the museum later down the line. 

Some new stuff would be cool as well, but it is still early days. 

Edited by Nicktendo

Just now, Nicktendo said:

I did see Kicks when I rewatched the direct this morning, so I’m guessing the Able Sisters’ store can be upgraded as well. Still hoping Katrina and Red show up, Gyroids and the art gallery in the museum later down the line. 

Yeah, he's in my town today selling some goods.

C.J. is in my town today, which is the first time I've seen him in New Horizons, and I want his partner to make a model of one of my favourite fish.  Unfortunately, I didn't keep three Sturgeon, but of the others I'm currently at:

• Oarfish x2
  • Marlin x1
  • Tuna x1

Just some advice to keep three of your favourite fish for when C.J. appears.  Plus, I'm hoping complaining on the internet will work its magic!

• Haha 1

Paying off your loan doesn't count towards a spend x Nook Rewards. It's a con!

Also, do I need to wait for Tom to give me another recipe to build my second bridge? I made up four log stakes in preparation but can't find it now. 

The fact you have to craft something to then craft something bigger, rather than just crafting in one go is so nintendo it hurts. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Also, do I need to wait for Tom to give me another recipe to build my second bridge? I made up four log stakes in preparation but can't find it now.

I did the same (and still have the logs :hehe:).  But no, you have to wait for Resident Services to upgrade itself before you can build more bridges.

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

Plus, I'm hoping complaining on the internet will work its magic!

I can confirm that it still does!  Darn, I love this game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have a feeling the Cafe will come later down the line. The extra shops in New Leaf were not particularly fast unlocks. The nightclub is a strange one though as that was where K.K. played and where you got reactions. In NH he’s playing on the main square and the reactions come from villagers so maybe they’ve shifted stuff around this time, no nightclub. I did see Kicks when I rewatched the direct this morning, so I’m guessing the Able Sisters’ store can be upgraded as well. Still hoping Katrina and Redd show up, Gyroids and the art gallery in the museum later down the line. 
I think it's a case that Nintendo are going to dish out content like new buildings as DLC/future events which is a bit of a shame. Like on New Leaf there were several shop upgrades baked in to the original game, whereas here from what I've heard there's just the one so far. I guess they're doing it to keep people playing/paying over a longer period of time.

1 minute ago, Sheikah said:
2 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

I think it's a case that Nintendo are going to dish out content like new buildings as DLC/future events which is a bit of a shame. Like on New Leaf there were several shop upgrades baked in to the original game, whereas here from what I've heard there's just the one so far. I guess they're doing it to keep people playing/paying over a longer period of time.

Yeah that's what I suspect too.

Kind of a double edged sword. On the one hand, it's good that there won't be any spoilers and everyone will hit the major changes at roughly the same time. But on the other hand, people who have the time / want to progress will likely get burned out much faster. Think I'd prefer to have everything available now. 

42 minutes ago, Grazza said:

I did the same (and still have the logs :hehe:).  But no, you have to wait for Resident Services to upgrade itself before you can build more bridges.

Does the new one still need the logs or should I sell them?

I'll open up the gates now, until my stores close (9 UK). For anyone who just wants to visit and check the store.

48 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I haven't needed mine so far.  That's not to say there isn't a recipe out there somewhere that will need them, but I've got loads and haven't seen one so far.  When you want another bridge you simply pay for it and don't need to craft it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I put mine next to the rocks so I don't have to dig holes every time to stop me getting knocked back.

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

I put mine next to the rocks so I don't have to dig holes every time to stop me getting knocked back.

tenor.gif

I know I'm a bit late, but complaining to Isabelle is for getting rid of any custom designs they might be wearing, as well as resetting their catchphrase.

It's basically for getting rid of naughty stuff some people can't help but make.

30 Hours in and the credits have rolled. I honestly wasn't expecting it so fast, as I wasn't really working towards increasing my star rating but Sunday Isabelle gave me the 3-star and KK was on the way. Today Mabel's shop will be finished so that's good. 

I think my next goal will be to lay down some roads, pay off another debt of my house (I'm only on the 348000 one so have quite a way to go) and work towards some more slopes and bridges for easy accessibility. Also have plans for some parks, picnic areas etc to make the place a bit more structured. I don't think I want to go all out with the terraforming, as I like the natural layout of the island and I know that once I start with it, I will be on it forever and never be content.

Oh and finally found a bamboo island! So now I can complete my Japanese garden. :grin: 

• Like 2

On 06/04/2020 at 7:21 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Not to mention that if mole crickets appear then it can really slow the whole thing down to a crawl. I managed to do it a couple of times but both times were an absolute grind. Now that the turnip market is up and running there isn't any real need to do it.

if it rains on the island you visit I found that helpful as it would disable the chance of tiger beetles spawning, skyrocketing the chance of tarantulas spawning. But that was back in March, before the emergence of water beetles...

To travel to someone's island, do you both need an online subscription, or is it only the traveller who needs it?

28 minutes ago, bob said:

To travel to someone's island, do you both need an online subscription, or is it only the traveller who needs it?

I'm not sure about that, but I would have thought both people would need an online subscription to play online.

If anyone can do me a favour before tonight and bring me some sand dollars please. 

Strange request I know but I need some to get my camper to stay!

Edited by punio75

1 minute ago, punio75 said:

If anyone can do me a favour before tonight and bring me some sand dollars please. 

Strange request I know but I need some to get my camper to stay!

I can bring some if we both visit Katie's town at the same time.