NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Geez here I was thinking this game was supposed to be nice...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Oh no, are Red Banded Dragonflies spawning yet?

The only dragonfly out at the moment is the Darner Dragonfly. 

Fed up of going to the same two islands over and over again with Nook miles tickets... Haven't had the tarantula island once! 

The fishing tournament on Saturday will be interesting if the Bunny Day stuff is still active. Maybe it'll be turned off that day. Someone ask the creepy Bunny, I'm not going near him.

24 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

Fed up of going to the same two islands over and over again with Nook miles tickets... Haven't had the tarantula island once! 

I’ve only ever had normal islands too. Not even had a hybrid flower island. 

I “finished” the game this morning. 

I’m going to speak at length about the game on this week’s N-E Café, I have really enjoyed my 60+ hours with this game, despite a few issues. 

Terraforming was a bad idea. I’ve spent the best part of four hours today putting paths across my island and needlessly fiddling and tweaking with the landscape. I don’t think I’ll ever be satisfied, but it is what it is. A good addition, but done in a very restrictive, “Nintendo” way.

Currently at a 3-star rating so I’m going to focus on pushing that up now that I have a full island of villagers. I need more fencing, I am obsessed with fencing. Section off this bit of land, and this bit, maybe a cliff here, looks shit, use a fence. This fence is ugly, what about this fence? 

I need to play something else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[mention=342]Hero-of-Time[/mention] Did you do anything specific to achieve this? That stupid tapir just doesn't want to leave...
What happens when you complain about a resident to Isabelle? Does that not get rid of them?

26 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
3 hours ago, drahkon said:
[mention=342]Hero-of-Time[/mention] Did you do anything specific to achieve this? That stupid tapir just doesn't want to leave...

What happens when you complain about a resident to Isabelle? Does that not get rid of them?

Are you suggesting Isabelle is a murderer?

1 hour ago, Mr-Paul said:

Have you tried the 'gutting' the island trick? Getting rid of all the tree stumps, weeds, flowers etc?

56 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

No idea. It changes absolutely nothing in my game ::shrug:

Have you tried the 'gutting' the island trick? Getting rid of all the tree stumps, weeds, flowers etc?
I found this harder to do now that April has rolled around. Water beetles must be caught to get rid of them (they don't get scared off by running like most bugs), and you need to periodically scare off these other bugs to try get tarantulas to spawn.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheikah said:

I found this harder to do now that April has rolled around. Water beetles must be caught to get rid of them (they don't get scared off by running like most bugs), and you need to periodically scare off these other bugs to try get tarantulas to spawn.

Not to mention that if mole crickets appear then it can really slow the whole thing down to a crawl. I managed to do it a couple of times but both times were an absolute grind. Now that the turnip market is up and running there isn't any real need to do it.

I feel like the least Tom Nook could have done is tell me, when deciding my location for Nook's Cranny, is NOT to place it directly at the top of my plaza. Residential services is about to make an absolute mess of my island lay out plans 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

The latest patch from Nintendo has adjusted the drop rates for eggs. Quick work!

• Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The latest patch from Nintendo has adjusted the drop rates for eggs. Quick work!

Well thank Nook for that!

giphy.gif?resize=480,270&ssl=1

• Haha 1

When you say that the latest patch has adjusted the drop rates for eggs... do you mean that there's less balloons floating around and less eggs in trees etc?

If so, that would probably be a good time to not update it, play in offline mode for a bit and get as many as you can... unless I'm missing something? :p

Got it when I first started the game.

18 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

When you say that the latest patch has adjusted the drop rates for eggs... do you mean that there's less balloons floating around and less eggs in trees etc?

If so, that would probably be a good time to not update it, play in offline mode for a bit and get as many as you can... unless I'm missing something? :p

Haha patch notes just say they've adjusted the frequency, given all the complaints I assume that means they've lowered them. I don't really get the hate myself, apart from the balloon ones, those are just silly.

Edited by Ronnie
  • Thanks 1

The water eggs was the real annoyance in my opinion. It felt like every other fish was an egg. Decided early on to just not fish for two weeks. With the update I probably found like two eggs in 20-30 fishes.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Got it when I first started the game.

Ah cool. Seems you also get it if you change your Switch consoles midway through too.

Actually, you can buy the AC Switch from the Nook Stop as well. I should have it in my mailbox right now.

What do people think of this idea I had, an open trading market. Was thinking of opening my island to the public with a Dodo code, for anyone who wants to dump their unwanted stuff and to potentially get new stuff in return. Wanted to do this with just fossils initally, but "why stop there?" I thought. Furniture, clothing, diy recipes..

I'll post a regular update of my adventures later.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Actually, you can buy the AC Switch from the Nook Stop as well. I should have it in my mailbox right now.

What do people think of this idea I had, an open trading market. Was thinking of opening my island to the public with a Dodo code, for anyone who wants to dump their unwanted stuff and to potentially get new stuff in return. Wanted to do this with just fossils initally, but "why stop there?" I thought. Furniture, clothing, diy recipes..

Sounds good, I'm in. I sort of wanted to do that at the party a couple weeks ago but forgot that visitors can't take items 'placed', only ones that are dropped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

I received the globe this morning. "Getting rid of some junk, your pal, Smeagol". Thanks. 
I'd be up for an open trading system between us all, I've struggled for new items and now I'm finding it hard to deck out my island in a nice manner. 
I think having a small marketplace open in each town and playing with open gates so people can come and have a look at what we've got for sale would be a good way to accumulate new stuff. I'll hold of selling replicas to the Nook twins and drop it somewhere in town so people can come get it. 

• Weird 1