NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Similar to Hero I got the credits to roll this morning. After some decorating last night I also got:

Spoiler

A 5-star rating for my town.

And the spoils that come with it. :D

• Like 1

Eggs aplenty. All I’ve fished up so far. I noticed you can catch cherry blossom petals with your net, I wonder if they can be crafted. 
Already caught the Darner Dragonfly and didn’t even realise it was him. Those things shot by the screen in the previous games and this one was just pulling around Nooks Cranny. Maybe I just got lucky. I’ll be calling the first day of each new month “torture Blathers day”

I was hoping that by going to a mystery island I could get away from the egg hunting. Nope. That son of a bitch has put eggs everywhere! We've got 12 days of this nonsense. :( 

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

28 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I was hoping that by going to a mystery island I could get away from the egg hunting. Nope. That son of a bitch has put eggs everywhere! We've got 12 days of this nonsense. :( 

I suppose if you want specific fish, wait until 13th April. :)

5 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I suppose if you want specific fish, wait until 13th April. :)

Nah, i'll continue to bang my head against the wall. I need eggs for all the Easter goodies anyway.

Congrats on the 5 star rating! You and the missus must have been grafting hard to get it all done. You'll have to take some pics/some people over for us to have a gander at it. It will be a long time before I reach it. I've been winging it so far but now that terraforming has been unlocked I can actually start to make the island how I want it. It's going to take some doing, what with moving every building and restructuring pretty much all of the island. Have you tried it out yet? It's a very slow process, especially when you've played something like Dragon Quest Builders which is VERY fast and streamlined in comparison. Still, i'm happy it's an included option, even if it is a little clunky.

For all you completionists out there:

Nookpedia is a pretty good website to keep track of fish and insects. Only thing missing is shadow size for fish.

There's also a section for custom designs, if you're interested.

• Like 2

The extra resident moving in today took my rating to 3 stars. K.K. is on the way! :bouncy:

In other AC news...

:laughing: 

• Haha 3

Was going to come here to complain about the lack of fish but seems I'm not the first!

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah, i'll continue to bang my head against the wall. I need eggs for all the Easter goodies anyway.

Congrats on the 5 star rating! You and the missus must have been grafting hard to get it all done. You'll have to take some pics/some people over for us to have a gander at it. It will be a long time before I reach it. I've been winging it so far but now that terraforming has been unlocked I can actually start to make the island how I want it. It's going to take some doing, what with moving every building and restructuring pretty much all of the island. Have you tried it out yet? It's a very slow process, especially when you've played something like Dragon Quest Builders which is VERY fast and streamlined in comparison. Still, i'm happy it's an included option, even if it is a little clunky.

Not the missus, just me. :p

I tried out the terraforming, it's pretty neat. The main use for me so far was to straighten out the rivers a little where I needed to build bridges. This game is very picky about how rivers need to be to build bridges on them, so this tool came in handy.

Edited by Sheikah

4 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I tried out the terraforming, it's pretty neat. The main use for me so far was to straighten out the rivers a little where I needed to build bridges. This game is very picky about how rivers need to be to build bridges on them, so this tool came in handy.

Is there anything to purchase or craft additionally for terraforming, or can you just use it as much as you like?

5 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

That's what i'm on doing now. 

I'm not pleased that the main building can't be moved around. I had plans to have it at the top of the map but looks like i'm going to have to rethink everything. :( 

Just now, RedShell said:

Is there anything to purchase or craft additionally for terraforming, or can you just use it as much as you like?

You can use it as freely as you want.

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You can use it as freely as you want.

Nice. :)

I finally got Rosie to agree to move to my island today (after 3 days of scanning her amiibo and crafting stuff) almost didn’t happen though, as there wasn’t an empty house available. Luckily it provides the option for you to suggest that someone else is moving out, so I got rid of Sprocket. :D 

• Haha 2

It's a small quality of life improvement but I love how you can move things in half increments now. It makes my OCD with lining everything up so much easier to deal with!

29 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Luckily it provides the option for you to suggest that someone else is moving out, so I got rid of Sprocket.

Just Googled Sprocket, good riddance! Not that I'm judging a villager by their face or anything...

Edited by Ronnie
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Only thing is you need to buy different path types for Nook Miles, and to terraform rivers and cliffs you also need to buy the separate modules from the Nook machine for miles.

• Thanks 1

All you guys complaining about the lack of fish, but I won't even get to take part in Bunny Day because my Switch can't go online and I'm stuck in my house.

You're all entitled whiners.

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

All you guys complaining about the lack of fish, but I won't even get to take part in Bunny Day because my Switch can't go online and I'm stuck in my house.

You're all entitled whiners.

If it makes you feel better, Zipper the bunny is creepy af.

Bunny Day concept is fun though. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

How have you not got the internet at your house in this day and age? I assume you have a job and something like £20 a month (probably less if you shop around) is easily worth it to have access at your own home.

Anyway, does the event not unlock unless you're online? If so, that's pretty rubbish and was actually one of the fears I had when it was announced that the game would be constantly updated, rather than having everything on the cart to begin with.

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Anyway, does the event not unlock unless you're online? If so, that's pretty rubbish and was actually one of the fears I had when it was announced that the game would be constantly updated, rather than having everything on the cart to begin with.

No, I got laid off a while back. And it wasn't exactly the most lucrative earnings in the first place. Other things take priority.

But yeah, I have the latest update that came out around the launch of this, so I thought I was set to go, but I booted it up today and nothing special apart from my new resident. You need to be online.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Sad 5

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think it’s a great decision. Stops time travellers and data miners revealing everything. This way there’s still some sense of surprise, which is pretty rare in the industry these days 

Can you tether the Switch to your phone maybe @Glen-i

Edited by Ronnie

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

No, I got laid off a while back. And it wasn't exactly the most lucrative earnings in the first place. Other things take priority.

So sorry to hear that, Glen. :( 

Seeing as you are missing out, all of us on here could pull together and each make one of the Easter items for you. We could even send them in the mail. That way you'll have the goodies when you manage to connect again.

• Like 3

Decided to make my island completely weed free.  That should last about five minutes.

20 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Seeing as you are missing out, all of us on here could pull together and each make one of the Easter items for you. We could even send them in the mail. That way you'll have the goodies when you manage to connect again.

YES! Let's do this :peace:
#bunnyday4all

Had a very productive day on my island.

Caught all fish for April. Only need the Snapping Turtle but it won't spawn until later tonight. Haven't done any bug hunting, but will get to it tomorrow.

Have 69 (hehe) water eggs, 30 stone eggs, 21 sky eggs, 15 leaf eggs and 9 earth eggs. Will have to visit some mystery islands to stack up on leaf and earth eggs, it seems.
Aside from the 5 Bunny Day Clothing Recipes I have 12 Bunny Day Furniture Recipes. I'm missing only 6 if the list I found is correct.

I will save any duplicate recipes for you @Glen-i, if they keep spawning. Will also save all surplus eggs as soon as I'm done crafting every item once. :)

Edited by drahkon

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Aside from the 5 Bunny Day Clothing Recipes I have 12 Bunny Day Furniture Recipes. I'm missing only 6 if the list I found is correct.

Here's the list i'm using and it only has 16 items.

• Bunny Day Table
  • Bunny Day Bed
  • Bunny Day Wall Clock
  • Bunny Day Glowy Garland
  • Bunny Day Flooring
  • Bunny Day Crown
  • Bunny Day Fence
  • Bunny Day Rug
  • Bunny Day Wreath
  • Bunny Day Vanity
  • Bunny Day Wardrobe
  • Bunny Day Bag