NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Finally, Isabelle will now rate my island for me. I think this is the last step of Project K and I need to improve my rating as it's only 1 star a the moment. Makes sense as I haven't really done anything with it.

Isabelle can suck my nads. Been placing stuff all around the island and she keeps saying "Uuuuhhhhh, actually the scenery could use a little something."

YOUR STUPID FACE COULD USE A LITTLE SOMETHING.

Who knew a game like Animal Crossing could make me this angry. :D

• Haha 3

One week on and I’ve only just found out it you tap A while crafting, you make stuff faster.

Also you can pick up your mailbox and place it anywhere on the island. If you ever wanted to do that.

Edited by Helmsly

2 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

One week on and I’ve only just found out it you tap A while crafting, you make stuff faster.

@Ugh first aid mentioned that on here early last week. You must have missed it. It's a game changer.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@Ugh first aid mentioned that on here early last week. You must have missed it. It's a game changer.

What’s more you only need to push A twice quickly for it to work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tales said:

Does anybody have lucky cat item?

yeah I got that. I can send it to you if you want.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, martinist said:

yeah I got that. I can send it to you if you want.

Thanks. Got a recipe to make a golden one. Got the gold ore, just missed the cat.

2 hours ago, Helmsly said:

:laughing:

2 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Also you can pick up your mailbox and place it anywhere on the island. If you ever wanted to do that.

WHAT!

Edited by Ronnie
  • Haha 1
  • Weird 1

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Isabelle can suck my nads. Been placing stuff all around the island and she keeps saying "Uuuuhhhhh, actually the scenery could use a little something."

Unless you time travelled (did you end up doing it?) there's not much that can be done until you have more villagers on the island, hence why she says they need a bigger pool of people to question. The game seems to limit how many you can get per day anyway.  

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Unless you time travelled (did you end up doing it?) there's not much that can be done until you have more villagers on the island, hence why she says they need a bigger pool of people to question. The game seems to limit how many you can get per day anyway.  

Nah, didn't do it.

Got a two star rating now. Just placed some random stuff and lots of fences in a corner. Guess I'll now have to wait for more villagers.

You can move your mail box?

... :blank:

Next Gen! ;)

• Haha 3

Second week in a row that I've missed the turnips, so now I'll have to endure a whole week of everyone else talking about them :cry:

Another good session on this today. I spent most of the day trying to build up my bells again after paying of the 1.2 million loan. I've manage to save up another 1.2 million bells again so hopefully i'll have the final loan paid off in a couple of days.

I went on the hunt on the mystery islands for another villager for my island. I came across a couple that I didn't really like but I ended up finding this little guy.

Yeah, he looks great and I had to get him to join my island. It will probably be a couple of days until he arrives though as i'm still waiting on Marshal to show up. :( 

I spent a fair bit of time trying to get my island rank up past level 1. I planted flowers, placed items but the thing wouldn't budge. After searching around on the net it seems the only way to get past the first rank is to move villagers on to the island. With this being staggered, I will have to wait until tomorrow morning before I go up a rank. @drahkon I'm not sure how you pulled off having a rank 2 island a day early...i'm calling shenanigans. :p @Sheikah have you unlocked the ranking system yet? Just wondering if you are also still at rank 1 while waiting for villagers to arrive?

I had another visitor this evening...

The kept going on about shooting stars and eventually gave me the recipe for crafting a magic wand. It would go great for those of you guys who are rocking a little mage/witch hat at the moment.  She's still here if people want to visit. I think she dishes out the recipe for everyone he speaks to her.

Another good session on this today. I spent most of the day trying to build up my bells again after paying of the 1.2 million loan. I've manage to save up another 1.2 million bells again so hopefully i'll have the final loan paid off in a couple of days.
I went on the hunt on the mystery islands for another villager for my island. I came across a couple that I didn't really like but I ended up finding this little guy.
EUTuvSYU4AANJLz?format=jpg&name=small
Yeah, he looks great and I had to get him to join my island. It will probably be a couple of days until he arrives though as i'm still waiting on Marshal to show up.  
I spent a fair bit of time trying to get my island rank up past level 1. I planted flowers, placed items but the thing wouldn't budge. After searching around on the net it seems the only way to get past the first rank is to move villagers on to the island. With this being staggered, I will have to wait until tomorrow morning before I go up a rank. [mention=2521]drahkon[/mention] I'm not sure how you pulled off having a rank 2 island a day early...i'm calling shenanigans.  [mention=2464]Sheikah[/mention] have you unlocked the ranking system yet? Just wondering if you are also still at rank 1 while waiting for villagers to arrive?
I had another visitor this evening...
EUTuvRxUcAAmHLM?format=jpg&name=small
The kept going on about shooting stars and eventually gave me the recipe for crafting a magic wand. It would go great for those of you guys who are rocking a little mage/witch hat at the moment.  She's still here if people want to visit. I think she dishes out the recipe for everyone he speaks to her.

Yep still at rank 1, saying I need more people. Got one person move in today, and another coming tomorrow, so we'll see if that makes enough people for ranking to kick in (or at least tell me what to improve).
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sheikah said:

Yep still at rank 1, saying I need more people. Got one person move in today, and another coming tomorrow, so we'll see if that makes enough people for ranking to kick in (or at least tell me what to improve).

Yeah, the new person moving in is definitely the key to it all. Once they move in tomorrow the rank should go up and then you start getting told about specifics on what needs improving.

13 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@drahkon I'm not sure how you pulled off having a rank 2 island a day early...i'm calling shenanigans.

No idea ::shrug: As I said, I've haphazardly thrown around furniture and fences and got a two star rating. I mean, if I did travel in time I sure as hell wouldn't have done it only for one day. I'd be terraforming the shit out of my island already :p

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

No idea ::shrug: As I said, I've haphazardly thrown around furniture and fences and got a two star rating. I mean, if I did travel in time I sure as hell wouldn't have done it only for one day. I'd be terraforming the shit out of my island already :p

You clearly didn't want to alter the timeline too much in case of dire consequences. I bet if we visit your island you have a Delorean parked next to your house. :D 

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You clearly didn't want to alter the timeline too much in case of dire consequences. I bet if we visit your island you have a Delorean parked next to your house. :D 

giphy.gif

Made some good progress on my island over the weekend. The service center is now upgraded, I already got my second bridge (japan style) paid off, the museum opened and the tailor shop opened. Now I'm gonna work on more ramps and more bridges to make my whole island accessible without a ladder. Oh and I also want to change the first bridge into japan style too... and relocate 1 house... yeah, that'll take a while. :p

My island was cherries btw., and I got oranges from my "mother". I visited other islands with the mile tickets once or twice a day, might've been 10 by now. One of them had bamboo, which was nice, the other always had cherries. I was starting to wonder if can even get other fruits from there, but on sunday I got peaches. :D

Edited by ThiophenSJ
  • Like 2

I done some more bug farming this morning. I took a quick vid before selling them all.

Yeah, the shop really needs to open up sooner for me and stock piling outside of their shop wasn't a good idea. The game actually started to chug/stutter a bit, most likely due to the large amount of items in such a small area. I was happy once I was able to sell them and I got a whopping 440k out of it all. That went straight on a new bridge for the island.

My island went up to rank 2 this morning, no doubt due to the arrival of another villager, but after shifting things around a bit the thing dropped back to 1! I've no idea what's going on with it and Isabelle's advice is less than useless when it comes to knowing what needs to actually improve. ::shrug:

I had a new visitor this morning that wanted me to dress up as if I was going to a party. She gave me a royal prince outfit and said I needed to wear something like that. I've been buying clothes but I had nothing that really matched what she was after. I then found this cheeky number in the wardrobe...

She was more than satisfied with that. Hey, whatever works. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weird 1

Does the island stay open for visitors with the Switch in sleep mode?

Had a great island day yesterday. The Town Hall opened so a bunch of new stuff came available. Set a place for the campsite and started collection for a bridge. I'm loving the random stuff you can now buy from Nook, like Godzilla. Decided to spend some Bells on island decoration so now snacks are available near the town hall, and there is a lighthouse dramatically on a sea cliff. A lot of fruit was ready as well, so made quite some Bells in selling that.

This morning the campsite was ready and I spend some time planting flowers here and there. I think my next step is to clean up the place, at least that's what Tom Nook is telling me. I'll try to pay off my bridge today first, before going for a house upgrade.

So I got the extra island resident (7 now), and now Isabelle is giving me a 2 star rating. She said I still need to improve the population, and that I could do with more fencing.