NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I can drop a ladder off for you if you'd like to make an early start.

Oh that would be fantastic. I'll log on and open my gates and you can pop over whenever is convenient. Unfortunately I can't offer much in return at the moment, and I'll have to warn you, after reading your post in the other thread... Rocket lives on my island too :blank:

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Just now, Mr-Paul said:

Oh that would be fantastic. I'll log on and open my gates and you can pop over whenever is convenient. Unfortunately I can't offer much in return at the moment, and I'll have to warn you, after reading your post in the other thread... Rocket lives on my island too :blank:

Rocket is everywhere! That's four of us who have her now.

Just join my island as I've opened it up for Sheikah to sell pears. No worries about giving something back in return.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Rocket is everywhere! That's four of us who have her now.

Just join my island as I've opened it up for Sheikah to sell pears. No worries about giving something back in return.

Ah lovely. I'll pop over to say hi to you both and see what my island may be like one day :D 

1 minute ago, Mr-Paul said:

Ah lovely. I'll pop over to say hi to you both and see what my island may be like one day :D 

Mine is rubbish. I've done very little with it apart from upgrading buildings.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Mine is rubbish. I've done very little with it apart from upgrading buildings.

Well I've always been a fan of architecture! :heh:

• Haha 1

Well then, almost a week past and we're still alive. I think it's time for a...

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a8ba33e079c59ae4496

It went well last week, so why the hell not?

In case you aren't aware, I hosted some games last week for 5 other N-Europe peeps to play for funsies... And also fabulous cash prizes. So let's do it again!

@Ronnie got in contact with me and suggested that hosting it on a different island would help to vary things up and give people a chance to show off their homes and I agree. So this week, the N-E party will be on his island. I'm still hosting the games, mind you.

Now, I've got a feeling that there might be more than 6 people wanting in this week. So I'm gonna have to put some restrictions down to be fair.

Party begins Saturday 28th at 8pm on the Island of Daybreak

Party Game Host - Glen-i (Glen)

Island Venue Provider - Ronnie (Patrick) (FC: 2093-6613-0337)

Party Guests

RedShell (Manolito)

Party Guests who attended last week

BowserBasher (Simon)

For the sake of fairness, places will be given on a "First come, first served" basis. As well as this, priority will be given to those who didn't come to last week's party. Those who did attend last week are still welcome to put their name down, but if there's not enough space, their place may be given to someone who didn't attend last week.

I'll also have to ask each person to give the name of their villager, so I can tell who is who. It's also highly recommended you bring a freshly made fishing rod, bug net and shovel, as well as a vaulting pole and ladder. You will probably need them.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

I should be in again, so count me in unless I say otherwise. Character name Simon from Kyoshi. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Might as well have it on 2 islands if there are enough people.

That's not a bad idea, but someone would have to be willing to put in close to 100,000 bells in as prize money.

All are obviously welcome. I'm in but if numbers go over 8 I'll happily step aside and just watch.

Edit: oh wait, the max number is 8 anyway, never mind, I'm in!

Edited by Ronnie

1 hour ago, Sméagol said:

Might as well have it on 2 islands if there are enough people.

It'll hopefully be a weekly thing. Maybe those that don't get in this time get priority next time or something?

Ok. Found the first thing I wouldn’t mind them slightly changing. I’ve just sat here for about 15-20 minutes crafting a pocket full of fish bait, one at a damn time. Would like a crafting option for things like that to be done in bulk. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

Ok. Found the first thing I wouldn’t mind them slightly changing. I’ve just sat here for about 15-20 minutes crafting a pocket full of fish bait, one at a damn time. Would like a crafting option for things like that to be done in bulk. 

Yep, while I'm enjoying my time with the game, the QoL patch notes from the next update almost writes itself; there are definitely a few things which occasionally throw me off, and which I'd love to see ironed out moving forwards. 

Off the top of my head for now, the main ones would be:

- a gauge or something for the remaining "life" of a tool would be neat, or a way to perhaps "mend" the tool by working on it with similar materials before it breaks. It just saves me using a tool until it breaks while I'm on the opposite side of my island, or worse yet, out on my daily trips to other islands in the hunt for better items. 

- placing multiple items into storage in your home, and, vice versa, taking multiple items out of storage and putting them into your pockets. Basically anything which takes time away from me exploring the island(s) could probably be streamlined to some extent.

- maybe it's only because I change clothes every day when I boot up the game, but selecting items from your wardrobe and seeing your villager wear them gives the impression that they are now wearing that item, so I press B to back out, almost every time! Instead, this not only cancels my outfit selections, but takes me out of the wardrobe!

Just really little things. Correct me if I'm missing something, by all means; I mean, I did only just realise that you can rearrange items in your pockets (haven't really had a reason to do so, but after writing this, was just playing around) :laughing:

I've also read somewhere that you can't work on custom designs with the touch screen? Haven't tested myself yet as have only really been playing docked, but that seems like a bit of an odd decision if it's true. 

But yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm loving my time with the game! :D

Edited by Julius
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

A few less beehives would be nice too :nono:

You shake the tree, you reap the consequences.

Just wanted to express how much of a dick Tom Nook is.

I barely have any furniture in my own house, you started me off with a tent, and you want me to build and furnish the homes of three animals I may not even like on my island?

You can piss right off you silly little raccoon.

Of course, I'll begrudgingly do it for the sake of progress...)

• Haha 4

Got my flag sorted: :heh:

@Glen-i, I should be able to attend the party tomorrow, so sign me up please! Villager name is Manolito.

:peace:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weird 5

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Yep, while I'm enjoying my time with the game, the QoL patch notes from the next update almost writes itself; there are definitely a few things which occasionally throw me off, and which I'd love to see ironed out moving forwards. 

Off the top of my head for now, the main ones would be:

- a gauge or something for the remaining "life" of a tool would be neat, or a way to perhaps "mend" the tool by working on it with similar materials before it breaks. It just saves me using a tool until it breaks while I'm on the opposite side of my island, or worse yet, out on my daily trips to other islands in the hunt for better items. 

- placing multiple items into storage in your home, and, vice versa, taking multiple items out of storage and putting them into your pockets. Basically anything which takes time away from me exploring the island(s) could probably be streamlined to some extent.

- maybe it's only because I change clothes every day when I boot up the game, but selecting items from your wardrobe and seeing your villager wear them gives the impression that they are now wearing that item, so I press B to back out, almost every time! Instead, this not only cancels my outfit selections, but takes me out of the wardrobe!

Just really little things. Correct me if I'm missing something, by all means; I mean, I did only just realise that you can rearrange items in your pockets (haven't really had a reason to do so, but after writing this, was just playing around) :laughing:

I've also read somewhere that you can't work on custom designs with the touch screen? Haven't tested myself yet as have only really been playing docked, but that seems like a bit of an odd decision if it's true. 

But yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm loving my time with the game! :D

The three QOL updates are all stuff I'd welcome, particularly when changing. I've done that each and every time. 

As far as I'm aware, the only way to use touch input for the custom designs is by using New Leaf on the 3DS....

1200px-Original_Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality

© Nintendo 1999.

• Haha 2

I'm running a car boot sale of Nook's Cranny/balloon present stuff that I don't want at the party tonight if anyone has any similar sort of stuff to trade.

• Like 3

Just saw a cool little Musical chairs game being played with tree stumps. The host was playing the wind pipes, visitors have to move while music is being played, and they had 6 visitors, but only 5 tree stumps in a circle. When the host stops playing the music, all visitors run to sit down on a stump. The unlucky, and unseated visitor is out and coughs up a bag of bells.
Then dig up one stump, fill in the hole and repeat until you have a winner. Winner takes everyone’s bells.
Looked good fun

• Like 2

Just had my first wander around the museum and had a bit of a moment, it's gorgeous! I'm taking everything really slowly so far, just built the first bridge so will probably plot out the houses for the new residents later on.

• Like 1