NEurope
Ronnie

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

It's really scary when they bite on the first go too, catches you off guard

I've lost many a large shadowed, probably rare fish due to that. The first bite always screws me over.

• Sad 1

Yeah, ever since closing my eyes, I've been doing even worse.

I'm just gonna do my best to put it out of my mind and aim to get it randomly.

4 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, ever since closing my eyes, I've been doing even worse.

I assume you have your eyes open while you're running your island and casting the rod into the sea? :p 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I assume you have your eyes open while you're running your island and casting the rod into the sea? :p 

No, I'm that good.

• Haha 1

Man, I love it when it hits 7pm in this game. It's such a lucrative time. You have tarantulas, emperor butterflies and man-faced stink bugs all kicking about. You can make bells pretty fast if you have a decent route planned put.

I need another 250k to pay off my 750k loan. Once again, I'm hoping to try and get it done before the shop shuts. Saying that, I don't think I can even start my next house upgrade anyway. I ordered a new door and postbox and I don't think you can have a house upgrade going on at the same time. Shame if that is indeed the case because it looks like Nook is remodeling tomorrow and I won't have access to him to get another upgrade. :( 

44 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

unless you're @drahkon who got it without even noticing. :D 

What can I say, I'm a Cast Master. :p 

I wonder what Tom Nook is thinking with H-o-T paying off loans left and right. Probably living his best life.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

What can I say, I'm a Cast Master. :p 

I wonder what Tom Nook is thinking with H-o-T paying off loans left and right. Probably living his best life.

Why do you think he's remodeling? :D 

I had a text conversation with a mate of mine the other day that started with us saying how much of a crook Tom Nook is, thinking about putting our villagers working the streets on a night to pay him back and then ended with us killing Nook and wearing his head as a hat, with his kids being used as slippers. Yeah, it escalated pretty quickly. :laughing:

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I had a text conversation with a mate of mine the other day that started with us saying how much of a crook Tom Nook is, thinking about putting our villagers working the streets on a night to pay him back and then ended with us killing Nook and wearing his head as a hat, with his kids being used as slippers. Yeah, it escalated pretty quickly. :laughing:

anigif_enhanced-14186-1423330095-8.gif

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Don't pretend you don't want in on this scheme, @drahkon.

Replace Nook with Blathers and I'll ready my Shotgun.

• Haha 1

Wasn't sure if I was playing Animal Crossing or browsing Grindr for a minute there. :eek:

4sBfYGb.jpg

BjHbVq0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Weird 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. Very anxiety inducing task....unless you're @drahkon who got it without even noticing. :D 

I got it too without too much difficulty, the trick for me is to not look. Just listen to the sounds. :p

58 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I got it too without too much difficulty, the trick for me is to not look. Just listen to the sounds. :p

Not helpful to me in the slightest

Phew! Just managed to pay off the 750k loan and with 5 minutes to spare! As expected, I can't start my next upgrade. :( 

Tomorrow morning, if Nook isn't available, after doing all the busy work on the island I may give the game a rest for a day. I've put in a ridiculous amount of time into the game since release and a small break may be in order, especially if I can't upgrade or do anything meaningful to the island in Nook's absence.

foOpLg9.jpg

Had a quite productive hour and a bit on an island tonight. Was hoping for a Coelacanth but was pleased with what I caught. 3 Tarantula was a nice get and that's some bells worth of fish there too.

• Like 5

Got this game last Friday here in Japan. Was positively surprised that I could play it in German anyway.

I haven't really played very much yet, but I made my every day progresses so far: House, Shop, House upgrade, bridge, 3 new houses for new inhabitants. What I really wonder though: How/ when will I will finally get plans to make shovels and axes myself? I always have to get a ticket for 2000 miles to fly to the island and buy axes and shovels from the dodo there, also for 100 miles each. That can't be the right way, right?!

9 minutes ago, ThiophenSJ said:

Got this game last Friday here in Japan. Was positively surprised that I could play it in German anyway.

I haven't really played very much yet, but I made my every day progresses so far: House, Shop, House upgrade, bridge, 3 new houses for new inhabitants. What I really wonder though: How/ when will I will finally get plans to make shovels and axes myself? I always have to get a ticket for 2000 miles to fly to the island and buy axes and shovels from the dodo there, also for 100 miles each. That can't be the right way, right?!

You should be able to buy tools from the cabinet in your shop. The DIY recipes are also there so you can craft them yourself.

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

You should be able to buy tools from the cabinet in your shop. The DIY recipes are also there so you can craft them yourself.

But they aren't there...? Well, I'll have a look again tonight, but I'm very very sure that my shop only sells the flimsy net and flismy fishing rod. Also the slingshot. I have recipes to make the upgraded, more durable versions for all tools, but I don't have the base recipes for flimsy axe and flimsy shovel. Very weird.

1 hour ago, ThiophenSJ said:

But they aren't there...? Well, I'll have a look again tonight, but I'm very very sure that my shop only sells the flimsy net and flismy fishing rod. Also the slingshot. I have recipes to make the upgraded, more durable versions for all tools, but I don't have the base recipes for flimsy axe and flimsy shovel. Very weird.

If you have the museum, you should be able to buy shovels.

It’d be nice if you place a crafting table in your home then it could access your storage. I finally had to move all my crafting materials into storage as I was sick of having no pocket space so it would have been nice to not have to get the bits I need out every time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

It’d be nice if you place a crafting table in your home then it could access your storage.

I was thinking the same thing last night.

The game in general could use a few changes to make things like crafting/selling/etc. a little more streamlined. Not holding my breath for anything like that, though.

Bah! Nook's is closed for the day. No more upgrades for me today. :( 

It's lashing down on my island. If anyone wants the gates opened to do some fishing then let me know.

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's lashing down on my island. If anyone wants the gates opened to do some fishing then let me know.

The shop or the tent? If the tent, can you access your Nook terminal anywhere else where else? My tent place will be closed tomorrow for a permanent relocation and wonder if I should stock up on a couple of Nook miles tickets today. 

18 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Welcome to the club...

Pretty sure Nook has even more shit to pay for tomorrow. But hey, cut him some slack.

Just now, BowserBasher said:

The shop or the tent? If the tent, can you access your Nook terminal anywhere else where else? My tent place will be closed tomorrow for a permanent relocation and wonder if I should stock up on a couple of Nook miles tickets today. 

Tent. I can't see anywhere else that I can access the terminal. Definitely stock up on tickets as it's something I failed to do. :( 

• Thanks 1